Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 11, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #59,281 of 75,162
Dec 11, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #59,282 of 75,162
Here are some recent convos about Rose and Maria in general with some minor but helpful comparisons:
thank you WoodyLuvr
I already read those description. I only lack knowledge aboout Symphonio...
Maybe you can help me: compared to ebx21, is Maria II brighter, or as bright as the NiceHCK's model? It will cost to me twice as much as ebx21... it must deserve it...

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #59,284 of 75,162
It's too expensive no matter how good it may sound.
Can't be worth it...

I won't feed this.

Ya I think there are huge diminishing returns here. But anyways, I'd wait for sales or a few weeks later bro. In general, prices of CHIFI are highest at launch, and diminish as the weeks go by.

Sometimes the second hand market is the way to go, I bought my Yincrow RW2000, SMABATs and some budget/midfi earbuds 2nd hand, there are good deals to be had if you ain't picky with 2nd hand gear.

Dec 12, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #59,285 of 75,162
Are the Ksearphone Lbbs more durable than the Bell ti plus earbuds? I might just grab a pair in case my Onmyoji suddenly exhibit problems. I really like the bell typed shells and the sound quality that they offer, but the QC issues are really starting to bother me. I might buy the Lbbs as a back up if they’re more durable.
Lbbs, even if made by Ksearphone, don't seem to have any QC issues reported in this thread.
I use the Lbbs for outings and the Onmyoji for indoors.

Dec 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #59,289 of 75,162
wonderful... can you tell us soomething more? maybe with some comparisons?
If I remember correctly these earbuds require quite a lot of burn-in... I am very attracted by rose technics products...
I bought Rose Maria as upgrade to Rose Masya (mk2), as Masya had become one of my top favorite earphone. Masya has bright but very smooth signature, with spacious soundstage width and depth, and quite decent bass extension for earbud. Maria is clear upgrade to my ears as could be expected, except not quite as smooth sounding as Masya (although it could get smoother with burn-in). Maria has wider and deeper soundstage, imaging and layering are much better. Masya has slight veil in midrange which Maria doesn't have at all. Treble extension is rather similiar in both Masya and Maria, but Maria has some kind of emphasis in upper midrange which makes Maria brighter sounding. I quite like it, and don't find it too bright at all. Bass is simply amazing for earbud, and actually reminds more of open back headphone than earbud. Bass goes very low and it's really punchy and clean (but good seal needed). If Masya's sound was like half way between earbuds and headphones, Maria is very close to headphone experience in earbud form. Very good!

Fit is a bit more fiddly business on Maria. Maria shell is obiviosly heavier than Masya, and nozzle part is slightly narrower on Maria. Single foam isn't enough to get decent seal. Double foam, or rubber ring + foam works best for me. Decent seal is essential to get best bass performance. Shirt clip also helps to keep them in place, although there isn't one included in the box, but who head-fier wouldn't have several of them lying around! I see Maria II has addressed this fit problem by offering version with a larger nozzle. Also worth to mention that Maria uses same 0.75mm 2 pin connectors as Masya since cables are interchangeable between them. I've seen some specs mention 0.78mm connectors which isn't true for Maria.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #59,290 of 75,162
Chaconne fit update-rings worked great along with foams at first. HieGI are thicker, with a "sandier" texture-not as soft or comfy as the supposedly bad stock tips. They do change the sound, for better or worse. Them being thicker sometimes pushed them farther from the ear, but not too much. They appear good, but perhaps not the best for the Chaconne? (I know every other Chaconne owner prefers them by default, but I wonder if they are merely following the advice of people they respect a lot in audio?)

I am back to using an all-stock setup as the rings started slipping off towards the stem side, or off if I tried to place them a bit forward for "better grab". Maybe the colder, drier weather is affecting the silicon, or they are getting too worn in. Slipping rings make the fit worse, as when they slip, the rubber will push out the earbuds.

Has anyone experienced this silicon ring slippage, and is there a way to ameliorate the issue or fix it altogether?

Sorry for sounding all "complainy". Have been having a great listening experience with these lovely earbuds. Only the accessories have been annoying as of late, more the rings than the HIeGI foams (which I may not prefer, but think have their virtues.)

The Chaconne are wonderful earbuds in my experience. Sound is so open, natural, and truly high fidelity. No ugly sounds ever. Any non-bassheads should be very happy with them. "Reference", but also natural and not "boring" sounding. The price is high for earbuds, but at least they really have a special sound that is not just "good for an earbud." Many headphones wish they sounded like these.

Dec 12, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #59,291 of 75,162
Chaconne fit update-rings worked great along with foams at first. HieGI are thicker, with a "sandier" texture-not as soft or comfy as the supposedly bad stock tips. They do change the sound, for better or worse. Them being thicker sometimes pushed them farther from the ear, but not too much. They appear good, but perhaps not the best for the Chaconne? (I know every other Chaconne owner prefers them by default, but I wonder if they are merely following the advice of people they respect a lot in audio?)

I am back to using an all-stock setup as the rings started slipping off towards the stem side, or off if I tried to place them a bit forward for "better grab". Maybe the colder, drier weather is affecting the silicon, or they are getting too worn in. Slipping rings make the fit worse, as when they slip, the rubber will push out the earbuds.

Has anyone experienced this silicon ring slippage, and is there a way to ameliorate the issue or fix it altogether?

Sorry for sounding all "complainy". Have been having a great listening experience with these lovely earbuds. Only the accessories have been annoying as of late, more the rings than the HIeGI foams (which I may not prefer, but think have their virtues.)

The Chaconne are wonderful earbuds in my experience. Sound is so open, natural, and truly high fidelity. No ugly sounds ever. Any non-bassheads should be very happy with them. "Reference", but also natural and not "boring" sounding. The price is high for earbuds, but at least they really have a special sound that is not just "good for an earbud." Many headphones wish they sounded like these.
Try cleaning the rings with some warm/hot water and dawn dish soap. Then wipe down the earbuds.

There may be some earwax thats migrated to them, making it slick and hard for them to stay in place.

Dec 12, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #59,292 of 75,162
Also the TI7 showed up yesterday, just opened them and put them on burn in.

IMG_20211212_141445.jpg

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #59,295 of 75,162
Guys, do you think a totl earbuds can match the sound quality of a headphone at the same price?
Yes. Chaconne has better mids, treble and timbre than the Sundara for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back