Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #53,132 of 75,148
Headed my way, a pair of Wong's latest earbuds showcasing his newly refined sound signature... Blur 266 MX64 aPs Balanced 2.5mm (64Ω)
Blur 266 MX64Ω.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #53,133 of 75,148
A thought...

Being in the times that we are ... I really think that it is time to innovate those shells for the buds.

They are good to be given away on the train / plane, but to pay more than € 50, it is difficult to justify it no matter how good they sound (Shozy, Yuin, Puresound, simphonio, willsound, Venture electronics, etc), I'm sure they can do something better, example in Shozy in Iem, without it being a big price increase, I can praise what they do with these plastics for less than $ 15, but when I see them so expensive I can not, I see them as a product that does not convince me.

At least for people who want to get into this rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #53,135 of 75,148
if your device has enough power on the SE, then PS100-500 3.5mm is your choice. If 3.5mm is low power in your device but there is a balanced connection 2.5mm or 4.4mm with high power then PS100-500 2.5mm is your choice (for 4.4mm you can use DDHiFi DJ44A adapter)
Will get the 2.5mm balanced version to try with the 4.4mm output on my D/A.

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #53,136 of 75,148
I wonder anyone one here who owns high sensitive buds above 100 ohms and use them exclusively in portable tube amps? How's that sounds? I just pull the trigger on Orin Sound 450 Ohm buds.

Mar 28, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #53,138 of 75,148
anyone have their eye on anything for tommorows sale? probably going to pull the trigger on toneking dendroaspis viridis my self.
KZ DQ6
IKKO OH10
Yincrow RW-2000
some adapters

Thats what im planning to get right now.

Mar 28, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #53,140 of 75,148
I've got the RW-2000 in my cart right now for $135.98 (NiceHCK store); still undecided on if I want to dive into buds, hahahahaha. I am such a masochist as I pretty much KNOW that I'll have fit issues. This audio sickness is something else.
If you are that uncertain. You should try the budget buds and see what kind of shell works the best for you.

I recommend that you check out the Yincrow X6 for an MX500 shell, not sure what other buds in the budget range is good with other shell types.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #53,141 of 75,148
A thought...

Being in the times that we are ... I really think that it is time to innovate those shells for the buds.

They are good to be given away on the train / plane, but to pay more than € 50, it is difficult to justify it no matter how good they sound (Shozy, Yuin, Puresound, simphonio, willsound, Venture electronics, etc), I'm sure they can do something better, example in Shozy in Iem, without it being a big price increase, I can praise what they do with these plastics for less than $ 15, but when I see them so expensive I can not, I see them as a product that does not convince me.

At least for people who want to get into this rabbit hole.
fully agree and so does @furyossa. there's another consideration though with innovating bud shells, regarding their target tuning. I'd hate to see alternative shells being developed with the typical bloated lower mids we see in many earbuds.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #53,142 of 75,148
so what's the hot earbud these days? in the sub $50, sub $100 and sub $300 categories? I know I can go back and read dozens of pages but I'd rather have a convo with whoever's active on this thread nowadays!

Mar 29, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #53,143 of 75,148
Have these custom Blur 266 MX400ohm on the way.

This will not be my first Blur earbud, but I tasked Wong with a desktop-worthy earbud and mentioned the 400ohm earbud he had teased earlier. After relistening to his personal MX400ohm unit, he realized he was not happy with the tuning and went through the trouble of testing several cable and plug combinations to achieve the desired tuning. If this doesn't show Wong's dedication to his craft, I don't know what does. He very well could have simply built what I suggested, but instead took it into his own hands to craft something special. Will forever be a #blurliever, can't wait to hear what he's made for me.

159648803_910905766350236_3574350144202443058_n.png

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #53,144 of 75,148
so what's the hot earbud these days? in the sub $50, sub $100 and sub $300 categories? I know I can go back and read dozens of pages but I'd rather have a convo with whoever's active on this thread nowadays!

Hello @Sam L and friend,

Well, my curiosity is still in trying a high impedance headphone, these days the possibility of getting a YINMAN 600 vanished, which met two things, warmth and good bass plus high impedance.

So right now I still have TO600 in the basket, which although advised against by @Alex.Grimm for not having anything special is cheap and solidly built, I can buy a cable and try it, despite the risk of a bad adjustment, although that would also happen with yinman.

On the other hand, I was recommended turandot, oriented towards warmth and with a small case, very low impedance, but highly praised. In this case in price (today over € 120) the fixed cables and that is quite ugly play against him, as well as the criticism oriented both good and bad ... I do not think that he pulls the trigger, but it is in the basket .

I always have the St10s Gold, and I never buy it (today it will be € 60 with coupons), the NiceHck EBX2021 (today 140 €) which seems expensive for what I read ....

Out of buds I am going to try some new cables, I am not going to use CEMA cables, I am looking for something more flexible. Spinfit I need a couple of games. And I have a couple of IEMs, a second set of a dark and fringe IEM that has made me use the most, and one that DQSM Hermit makes me curious.

If all this I manage to buy only the TO600 and the cable will be a success for my economy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back