Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #53,101 of 75,288
Yinman 600 has been unboxed and initial impressions are really positive. It presents the "headphone-like" sound when paired with my iFi ZEN DAC on high gain, and seems to scale really well with more power. The wooden box it came with is beautiful.

However some things to note when buying old stock earbuds:

The glue holding the driver and and main shell must sat there for quite some time, hence I thought there were actually some sticky transparent spills around the edges of the front driver case. I removed them rather easily with a micro fiber cloth, only to realize the adhesive is completely stripped and the driver is lifting away from the shell. So I thought I might as well do the same for the other side and totally clean out all the old adhesive.

Another thing I'm against are the stock cables. They are quite roughly made, and also due to age, the metal parts have also started to oxidized or tarnished. The plug has some very deep clamp marks on them, which I feel is just poor workmanship. Maybe someone with a pair can share pictures of their original plugs to compare? Their stiffer cable choice also makes them unwieldly and quite a pain to use.

Because of the above reasons, I will have to put listening on hold, until I get some glue to put them back together, while also waiting for a balanced pair of MMCX cables to replace the stock ones.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #53,102 of 75,288
If Yuin shell is mandatory for you, you have the SWD3.

Thank you! Amplification is no problem at all, I use either Dx300 balanced or that's with Ifi idsd as amplifier when needed. Yuin shells are not mandatory at all, those from Venture you mentioned might even be more comfortable. Thanks again!:wink:
A lot to choose from!:wink:

Mar 26, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #53,103 of 75,288
been listening to my original TC200 lately battling it against my wilsound mk2 mmcx and blur 32(bal)
the little guy hold its own

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #53,104 of 75,288
Well, slight apologies to the board. I mentioned, after getting a job, that I would be re-entering the earbuds purchasing scene, targeting higher-end earbuds to measure and compensate. But I'm not quite ready to jump back in and the buds I have are soooo satisfying already.... so I celebrated my new job with a headphone I've been eyeing since before the pandemic when I was considering a closed-back purchase.

IMG_0040.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Mar 27, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #53,106 of 75,288
I can't seem to find a proper review on the Toneking TO600. Are there any reasons why these are not so sought after?

Toneking is a very niche company. They don't market much in the west. They also don't give out loaner or review units, so perhaps not many dare to blind purchase their midfi IEMs and earbuds. Probably the 600 ohm impedance also dissuaded a few buyers if they didn't have the appropriate amps on hand.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #53,107 of 75,288
Toneking is a very niche company. They don't market much in the west. They also don't give out loaner or review units, so perhaps not many dare to blind purchase their midfi IEMs and earbuds. Probably the 600 ohm impedance also dissuaded a few buyers if they didn't have the appropriate amps on hand.

I remembered back then, Panda did give the TO600 some praise. Perhaps only about 3-4 members here bought them, but they are no longer active here.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #53,108 of 75,288
I can't seem to find a proper review on the Toneking TO600. Are there any reasons why these are not so sought after?
the sound is so-so, nothing special

Mar 27, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #53,109 of 75,288
Every day I mourne the fact shipping from the US takes forever to Australia, my Rose Masyas are so close, yet so far.
I'm genuinely sad I missed the window to buy them new, insanely good value for some cool, innovative buds.

The Maria 1 with it's large discount does still look very tempting, makes me wanna consider selling my open backed headphones and downsizing, surely that massive dual driver setup is competitve with full sized headphones?

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #53,111 of 75,288
the sound is so-so, nothing special
Boss, how does XIAO Fan T2 sound?

Little-to-no info on this last year model.

Nice markdown for AE anniversary sale:
1616849657072.png

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #53,112 of 75,288
Every day I mourne the fact shipping from the US takes forever to Australia, my Rose Masyas are so close, yet so far.
I'm genuinely sad I missed the window to buy them new, insanely good value for some cool, innovative buds.

The Maria 1 with it's large discount does still look very tempting, makes me wanna consider selling my open backed headphones and downsizing, surely that massive dual driver setup is competitve with full sized headphones?
I strongly rec Maria and personally consider it a TOTL earbud model.

Not sure what your preferences are, but for me a) Maria is not end-game earbud and b) is not a replacement for open-backs in the same price range that I own. E.g. I couldn't replace my HD6XX or M570 planars with Maria, they all sound very different and enjoyable.

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #53,113 of 75,288
Boss, how does XIAO Fan T2 sound?

Little-to-no info on this last year model.

Nice markdown for AE anniversary sale:
Its epic fail, sounds like broken radio

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #53,114 of 75,288
Mar 27, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #53,115 of 75,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back