Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 22, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #53,071 of 75,280
This is a great cable

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr2DDw7

I personally never notice changes in the sound because of the cable (or at least something with a basis to justify the change), but I always use this type of cables, they are very well finished and you can select separators, Jack, etc.

tell the seller that you need it without ear guide
Thank you for the tip, but it seems all these cables have earhooks...

Mar 22, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #53,072 of 75,280
I also heard a bit of a harsh sound from the Yincrow RW-2000 at first. So I listened to it with copper cable and full foam for a while.
But after about 200 hours of burn-in, the harsh sound disappeared with the original silver-plated cable and full foam.
So you should not worry.
Good to know, so I'll continue burning in. Thank you for advice :)

Mar 22, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #53,073 of 75,280
This is a great cable

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr2DDw7

I personally never notice changes in the sound because of the cable (or at least something with a basis to justify the change), but I always use this type of cables, they are very well finished and you can select separators, Jack, etc.

tell the seller that you need it without ear guide
Besides the faaeal litz copper, tri through and the kbear rhyme.

There is this store that you can also customize your cables from and is a lot cheaper than EA cables: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107
You can message them and ask to remove the ear hooks, they can even make custom cables for you.

Mar 22, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #53,074 of 75,280
Hello
Got my rw-2000 two days ago. First impression is very good for this mid tier earbud, especially the rendering of bass.
However, I hear a little harshness, and sometimes a little sybilance.
Did you think they need more than 72 hours of burn in ?
Could it be related to copper and SILVER cable ? Would a good pure copper cable soften things a little ? If yes any recommendations ( should not cost more than about 80 euros ; no earhooks, I wear them straight down) ?
They surely need extra juice to shine, used to be on my Fiio UTWS3.

Mar 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #53,075 of 75,280
Hello
Got my rw-2000 two days ago. First impression is very good for this mid tier earbud, especially the rendering of bass.
However, I hear a little harshness, and sometimes a little sybilance.
Did you think they need more than 72 hours of burn in ?
Could it be related to copper and SILVER cable ? Would a good pure copper cable soften things a little ? If yes any recommendations ( should not cost more than about 80 euros ; no earhooks, I wear them straight down) ?

RW-2000 definitely needs some good old burn in time. Out of the box, it didn't "wow" me but slowly grew on me as I used them more.

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #53,076 of 75,280
RW-2000 definitely needs some good old burn in time. Out of the box, it didn't "wow" me but slowly grew on me as I used them more.
Great to hear that they are growing on you! Not surprising.

Many a prominent loudspeaker designer/engineer have stated that it takes a good week or two for ears & brains to fully adjust to a new sound signature and/or set-up (in cases of speaker repositioning and/or added room treatments). Certain frequencies may seem at first to be over-exaggerated and/or veiled but they typically will balance out with time as your ears and brains adjust. Therefore, nailing down the true sound signature of a speaker, is extremely difficult to initially ascertain... it takes time. These same designers and engineers generally agree that mechanical break-in of drivers (diaphragms) is minimal to nearly negligible and that even in extremely cold environments a speaker will reach nearly 95-99% peak performance in a matter of seconds; at which point our ears most likely can not hear the loss in sound quality at all.

Makes perfect sense to me that it would be more of a physiological ("ear & brain burn-in") than an actual mechanical/electrical ("hardware burn-in") event happening here. Audiologists routinely tell their patients that it will take a solid week or longer for their ears to fully adjust to their new or upgraded hearing aids... why would this be any less true for headphones, IEMs, and earbuds?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #53,077 of 75,280
I would like to ask for forgiveness if what I'm about to post might not be relevant to this thread, but here goes...

---

So I took a break with using EQ on my gears. The last time I used one was in 2020. But this afternoon, I remembered something that I liked so much in the past - @Sam L 's compensation for the K's Nameless. I have been hating the Nameless ever since I got off the EQ train and with the Stellar arriving, it got left in the dust.

And so I downloaded Wavelet again to get access to AutoEQ, immediately plugged the buds, loaded up the file, and got lost in the music. Running them at 90% is perfect for me.

Bass - a very, very slight elevation enough to give it presence and body
Midrange - "neutral." No recessed region whatsoever. The file eliminates the overly warm tint/veil it had. These now have buttery smooth midrange, presented with definition and clarity
Treble - I hear more quantity compared to stock. I'm attributing it to the notable cut in the mid-bass

Soundstage - opened up like the gates of heaven

I was supposed to buy the Datura Pro for ~15 USD but decided that I might not need more earbuds as I'm becoming more and more of an IEM person (recently bought a Red Rosso MH750 😝). If I were to rank my negligible collection, the compensated Nameless would easily be #1 because of the SQ as it works beautifully with my playlist and fits my taste.

BUT, BUT, BUT there's one BIIIG problem. The K's Nameless, for those that are not aware, have been discontinued. There's like less than a hundred stocks left in a local store on Shopee (also the only store left that carries them) and prices have significantly increased (at least 80%). Original price was ~2 USD. I don't know why or what happened. It's definitely not lost of interest as it's one of the most hyped budget earbuds in my country. Good thing about that is I can say I have a "rare" earbud in my collection 🤣

---

Tip: Don't go switching from compensated to uncompensated and comparing them. It won't do any good. Stock would sound really muddy and compensated would definitely sound thin. If it's alright, go straight to compensated and adjust EQ strength to your liking.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #53,078 of 75,280
I ordered openheart earbud recently, meanwhile waiting and wonder can i get another earbud for ~$20? Any recommendations for EDM with fun sound and changeable cables? Can be also without cables as i have spare ones?

Any impressions of JCALLY EP05?

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #53,079 of 75,280
I think my luck might be out on the Yinman 600....
8BF7428C-31D8-41BD-82FF-EE1D19B3A8F8.jpeg
D31C6571-0B8D-48A8-B1AE-6254E6347D19.jpeg

I’ve asked them again to confirm whether they can get in the 600 in black, and if not to cancel my order. We’ll see what happens.

EDIT - They have confirmed no stock so have cancelled my order

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #53,082 of 75,280
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #53,083 of 75,280
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #53,085 of 75,280
Been steadily reading this thread for the last few days, and pushed myself to make an account. Could anyone possibly help a noobie out with recommendations for MMCX cabled buds? Build quality is important to me, so i've been looking at a couple of the tone kings, but I'd like to hear an opinion in 2021. I'd be willing to spend around $100 but would be willing to possibly extend to $150ish if it's really worth it. I'm also not against stopping at lower prices, if something like the toneking 400s (i see aliexpress links for 50ish? if that isn't a scam) can fill the bracket out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back