Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 17, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #46,532 of 75,288

lollipop.jpg.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #46,533 of 75,288
I'm on the lookout for a earbud with good subbass extension/quantity, anyone can give some recommendations??
Smabat ST-10 :)
(currently listening to them at work with my new ES100 MK2)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #46,534 of 75,288
Clearly, I don't think any earbud can match the sub quantity of a ZS7 tbh, a few earbuds have good extension tho (EBX, RW-1000 for example) and with a bit of eq you can push it.

However I have yet to hear an IEM that has the "physical" mid-bass slam of a TO200, TO600 or some plastic buds, it seems the fact that it's inside the ear canal doesn't allow for the same sound quality to me, it's invariably softer in attack, with no feeling of air being actually, physically moved to me.

The sound of jazz kickdrums invariably makes my day on the TO200, but ymmv.

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #46,535 of 75,288
Smabat ST-10 :)
(currently listening to them at work with my new ES100 MK2)
Yes, I agree. ST-10 have great bass (with good fit), Smabat M1 Pro also does well with the Maze labyrinth design.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #46,537 of 75,288
Just got around to listening to the K's LBB that came in at the end of last week, they were burning in over the weekend.

IMG_20191218_012749.jpg

They are an unexpectedly dark sounding earbud. Smooth mids and rolled off highs.

Bass rolls off starting around 60hz and becomes barely audible around 35-38hz when testing a frequency sweep at normal (50%) listening volume. Mid-bass is where the bass is most present with an ok amount of bass.

Mids are smooth. Male vocals are more forward than female. Unusual as I was expecting a more balanced sound or even a typical upper mid/lower treble emphasis.

Upper mids and treble seems to taper off smoothly.

It has a completely sibilance free and very smooth dark sound. Probably excellent for night time listening before sleep (or even during :relieved: ).

The buds themselves may be the lightest metal shells I've held. They fit well and disappear once in ear.

My one nitpick is how the cable is held internally, means that you can get some extra noise. The cable has a metal clip pinched to it, to help against snagging and pulling the cable off the driver. Because of that the clip can make some noise against the shell if the cable is jostled.

Also, the black version has a copper cable. It appears the white version is SPC.

IMG_20191218_013046.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #46,540 of 75,288
Clearly, I don't think any earbud can match the sub quantity of a ZS7 tbh, a few earbuds have good extension tho (EBX, RW-1000 for example) and with a bit of eq you can push it.

However I have yet to hear an IEM that has the "physical" mid-bass slam of a TO200, TO600 or some plastic buds, it seems the fact that it's inside the ear canal doesn't allow for the same sound quality to me, it's invariably softer in attack, with no feeling of air being actually, physically moved to me.

SOLD! The 200 is next on my list now. My only concern is fit. All of my buds have a 14.2mm diaphragm, and they fit about perfect with full foams. The 200 has a 15.4mm diaphragm. Only one way to find out I suppose.

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #46,541 of 75,288
Can anyone compare the Willsound mk2 to the **** Bk2? I've read everything I can find about the mk2, just wondering where this bud kinda fits in - Lower tier / mid tier, and a general idea as to how they sound.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #46,542 of 75,288

The Rose Mojito has some serious mid bass slam too with that dual driver setup. Of course its overall sound signature leaves much to be desired.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #46,543 of 75,288
Can anyone compare the Willsound mk2 to the **** Bk2? I've read everything I can find about the mk2, just wondering where this bud kinda fits in - Lower tier / mid tier, and a general idea as to how they sound.
It's an earbud that's rough around the edges but has lots of raw power!

Great dynamic sound but the midrange is a bit pedestrian at times. Low treble is nicely in balance though so you won't get any artificial brightness nor is it dark. Vocals are average though on occasion as there is a dip then peak in the 300-2000hz zone so you get some details pushed but the tonality can be a bit off at times IMO. Of course its not severe at all and perfectly listenable on 99% of music just not refined as much as the best midranges ive heard in earbuds.

Definitely atleast mid tier maybe mid + from what I've heard. Off the top of my head I'd say It's in my top 10 but maybe not my top 3. But its also NOT that expensive so its brilliant for the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back