Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 12, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #46,442 of 75,205
@ClieOS : The "Dream of a dream" sounds promising. By the way, how about your opinion about Yincrow RW-1000 and OURART QJ21? Also, I heard there are new released chinese earbuds e.g. Bell-Blue, ZEVA Silver King 493Ohm and ZEVAXY 32Ohm, etc.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #46,443 of 75,205
$500 for an earbud ?...

maxresdefault.jpg

... :D

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #46,444 of 75,205
@ClieOS : The "Dream of a dream" sounds promising. By the way, how about your opinion about Yincrow RW-1000 and OURART QJ21? Also, I heard there are new released chinese earbuds e.g. Bell-Blue, ZEVA Silver King 493Ohm and ZEVAXY 32Ohm, etc.

I already posted impression on both RW-1000 and QJ21 in the past, just search my older post. I have the Bell-Blue for awhile now - It has the hallmark of K's house sound - warm and rich with a sweet vocal, well tuned for mainstream music, very much a lower 1st tier, closely follow the Bell-Ti. It is however not the latest from K's anymore, as they are about to release the 'Onmyoji', which is meant to be a cheaper edition of Bell-Ti. ZEVA Silver King, for what I know, is the silver cable version of Lord.E. There is also a prototype named the 'fire lord' in development as well. The 32ohm you are referring is probably the SuperFire, now comes as either Prime edition (same tuning as original) or Pro edition (new tuning).

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #46,445 of 75,205
Thanks to FAAEAL for sending me their new Datura Pro.

For the price, it does provide a very nice detailed sound, with a wide soundstage. Bass is there, but it is easy on the ears. Mids are nice and smooth.

Overall it is a good earbud, plus I really like the storage pouch.

P1120032.jpg

P1120033.jpg

P1120034.jpg

--

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #46,447 of 75,205
$500 for an earbud ?...

... :D
It's a bit cheaper than the earbud it's made to compete with at least but it seems you are paying the full $500 for the driver tuning and cable rather than the design.

The parts probably cost $25 total. But the effort gone into the tuning is worth $475? Only people who have heard it will know :)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #46,448 of 75,205
tc400.jpeg
Just got in the Tingo TC400 Mx985 EMX500S this week I got the super shiney gold shells
it's supposed to be an upgrade to the TC200

Out of the box comparison to the TC200 listening to Jacob Karlzon's track Open Waters on Qobuz on my Activo CT-10

They sound is "brighter" than the TC200 and easier to drive definite emphasis on the high and upper range but you can still feel the bass. TC200 "feels" smoother
Easier to drive with a 105db sensitivity versus 95db for the TC200

Not sure which one I prefer as I'll need to burn in the TC400 a bit first but these are both great buys for the price. I saw that the Fengru Tingo TC200 is listed at $4.95 just now. Which makes it definitely a MonkPlus challenger. The TC400 is only $11.99 its a steal at these prices. Not sure about loud rock or EDM as that's not my preferred genre.

Both these seem to make a good match up for my Activo

Here's the specs
TC-400
  • Brand Name: FENGRU
  • Style: In-Ear
  • Communication: Wired
  • Vocalism Principle: Dynamic
  • Connectors: 3.5mm
  • Volume Control: No
  • Control Button: No
  • Wireless Type: None
  • Active Noise-Cancellation: No
  • Codecs: NONE
  • Sensitivity: 105dB
  • Support Memory Card: No
  • Waterproof: No
  • With Microphone: No
  • Model Number: TC400
  • Is wireless: No
  • Resistance: 32Ω
  • Line Length: 1.2m
  • Plug Type: Line Type
  • Frequency Response Range: 20-20000Hz
TC-200
  • tyle: In-Ear
  • Communication: Wired
  • Connectors: 3.5mm
  • Wireless Type: None
  • Vocalism Principle: Dynamic
  • Control Button: No
  • Volume Control: No
  • Active Noise-Cancellation: No
  • Function: For Mobile Phone
  • Function: HiFi Headphone
  • Plug Type: Line Type
  • Sensitivity: 95dB
  • Frequency Response Range: 20-20000Hz
  • Line Length: 1.2m
  • Resistance: 16Ω
  • Waterproof: No
  • Model Number: TC200
  • Support Memory Card: No
  • Support APP: No
  • Is wireless: No
  • With Microphone: No
  • Codecs: NONE
  • Brand Name: FENGRU
  • Model number: L029

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #46,449 of 75,205
I already posted impression on both RW-1000 and QJ21 in the past, just search my older post. I have the Bell-Blue for awhile now - It has the hallmark of K's house sound - warm and rich with a sweet vocal, well tuned for mainstream music, very much a lower 1st tier, closely follow the Bell-Ti. It is however not the latest from K's anymore, as they are about to release the 'Onmyoji', which is meant to be a cheaper edition of Bell-Ti. ZEVA Silver King, for what I know, is the silver cable version of Lord.E. There is also a prototype named the 'fire lord' in development as well. The 32ohm you are referring is probably the SuperFire, now comes as either Prime edition (same tuning as original) or Pro edition (new tuning).
How do you rank RW-1000 and QJ21? Are they both a same tier level?

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #46,451 of 75,205
How do you rank RW-1000 and QJ21? Are they both a same tier level?

RW-1000 is about a upper 2nd tier or lower 1st tier to my ears, while QJ21 is around a mid to lower 1st tier. So overall I find QJ21 to be just a little better.

@ClieOS did you get your hands on Rose Maria yet.

Not yet. The promised shipping date by Rose is on December 20th, so no one has received his/her Maria yet. They did however told us it should be still on schedule at this point as all the parts have arrived at the factory last week and are currently on assembly.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #46,454 of 75,205
The new version of blue vido (Y-cable) is very flat sounding, but it's achieved by over dampening plus the driver itself can't really keep up with the sound signature, so it sounds quite soft and mellow, almost muffled. The white is very V-shaped. I haven't heard the red so far but I guess it is something in the middle, so it has a bit v-shape but keeps the mids roughly natural. (I guess it would be the most balanced out of the three in a musical sense)

I feel that the most balanced and all rounder is the last released Vido Colour, Black
Not the Blue or the Red..Black having less fatigue, esp useful for long commutes, and White still my fav, due to me being a bass head, as it's just fun using it at home :)
vido_earphones_1575208777_fb5a6ef0b_progressive

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back