Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 12, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #46,457 of 75,403
I feel that the most balanced and all rounder is the last released Vido Colour, Black
Not the Blue or the Red..Black having less fatigue, esp useful for long commutes, and White still my fav, due to me being a bass head, as it's just fun using it at home :)
I haven't tried black unfortunately. Do you have the new blue vido with y-cable or the old one? The new blue is very soft and non-offensive (quite dark too), I didn't particularly like the sound but there was zero fatigue with my copy.
My favorite ultra cheap (less than 4-5usd) balanced/neutral sounding earbud is the blue Qian25, better than any Vido imho, more detailed and much better vocals.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #46,460 of 75,403
Bgvp dx5 -
Just received these today. I have to ask, do these require a significant burn in period to open up? Out of the box, not so good. Really veiled and cloudy - quite boring. Not what I would expect from a bud at this price. They have a muddy congested sound. They seem pretty neutral, but distant. Nothing really pops out. My bk2 kills these imo. I'm hoping it's a matter of burn in. I know a lot of people are keen on burn in, but I can't imagine a significant change after however many hours.

Dec 13, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #46,462 of 75,403
Bgvp dx5 -
Just received these today. I have to ask, do these require a significant burn in period to open up? Out of the box, not so good. Really veiled and cloudy - quite boring. Not what I would expect from a bud at this price. They have a muddy congested sound. They seem pretty neutral, but distant. Nothing really pops out. My bk2 kills these imo. I'm hoping it's a matter of burn in. I know a lot of people are keen on burn in, but I can't imagine a significant change after however many hours.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I'd have expected better than that from a usd65 bud :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #46,463 of 75,403
Bgvp dx5 -

It could.

I'd set it aside and play a burn in file or music at normal listening volume for 50-100 hours and see?

Just got my K's LBB in today. Verified both sides work and on burn in now. Didn't listen to music to get an initial impression like I did the M1 pro. The M1 pro (imo) changed significantly with burn in, from a slightly muddy L shaped signature to a cleaner more balanced one.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #46,464 of 75,403
Bgvp dx5 -

Have you checked to make sure they are in phase?

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #46,465 of 75,403
The new version of blue vido (Y-cable) is very flat sounding, but it's achieved by over dampening plus the driver itself can't really keep up with the sound signature, so it sounds quite soft and mellow, almost muffled. The white is very V-shaped. I haven't heard the red so far but I guess it is something in the middle, so it has a bit v-shape but keeps the mids roughly natural. (I guess it would be the most balanced out of the three in a musical sense)
I haven't tried black unfortunately. Do you have the new blue vido with y-cable or the old one? The new blue is very soft and non-offensive (quite dark too), I didn't particularly like the sound but there was zero fatigue with my copy.
My favorite ultra cheap (less than 4-5usd) balanced/neutral sounding earbud is the blue Qian25, better than any Vido imho, more detailed and much better vocals.

I have both the old Blue (Y with Mic) & the new ones too..was told that the reasons for the different sound signatures is the sometimes deformed tuning foams ( Poor QC) within the shells..so perhaps it's also a batch issues with the popular Blue Vido during the last few years to meet the unwary demand from the masses who are purchasing them

As you can see in the below image, the Blue Vido tuning foam is twice the thickness of the White Vido, so yes all different colored Vido sounds different due to this fact

73276275_4098569260184187_1289134219146035200_o.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #46,466 of 75,403
It could.

I'd set it aside and play a burn in file or music at normal listening volume for 50-100 hours and see?

Just got my K's LBB in today. Verified both sides work and on burn in now. Didn't listen to music to get an initial impression like I did the M1 pro. The M1 pro (imo) changed significantly with burn in, from a slightly muddy L shaped signature to a cleaner more balanced one.
About 10 hours in. Hoping to hear some improvement after 20 ish.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #46,468 of 75,403
I'm not sure what that means, but I'm hoping you'll tell me.

The drivers could be wired so instead of both moving the same direction (in-phase), they move opposite (out of phase). This makes a very large difference in the sound.

Search youtube for a phase test and listen with a known good pair of buds or iems and you'll immediately get it.

I use this one:

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #46,469 of 75,403
I have both the old Blue (Y with Mic) & the new ones too..was told that the reasons for the different sound signatures is the sometimes deformed tuning foams ( Poor QC) within the shells..so perhaps it's also a batch issues with the popular Blue Vido during the last few years to meet the unwary demand from the masses who are purchasing them

As you can see in the below image, the Blue Vido tuning foam is twice the thickness of the White Vido, so yes all different colored Vido sounds different due to this fact
Haha yes I took this photo, as I was the first person who actually opened up and photographed the insides of new vidos after encountering the differences in sound. Actually the new white is also different slightly compared to old ones, it has a bit thinner tuning foam and sound more v shaped with deeper bass. (I had multiple old white vidos which had almost zero variation in sound, only the new one is different) Btw I use the vido shells/tunings with better drivers, and the differences in tuning persist across different speakers.
Personally I'm getting tired of this vido situation, I don't think they're worth the lot of talk and theorizing recently, just buy blue qian25 or ry4s or tc200 instead haha

Bgvp dx5 -
Maybe you got a lemon? Let's hope not, but it's a possibility for sure.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #46,470 of 75,403
I've been into earbuds maybe a year but still don't know if rubber rings are really something people use on their earbuds, and if they work what they DO and where to get them. I'm suspecting a slight increase in bass presence would occur if my Turandots were just a teeny bit wider in circumference. Double foams would be an option, but I can't seem to get two of them on in any satisfactory way. If these had a slight increase more in bass, they would be end game for me. Anyone here use anything besides foams to tighten earbud fit and boost bass quantity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back