Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #46,487 of 75,405
I really need more time with these Turandots. I was frustrated with the bass... But I now think maybe I just need a tighter fit? Putting just single foams on these was actually not easy! I think I need to double up.
Try hiegi donut foams from the VE ex pack, really thick and dense, great for bigger ears if seal is the issue. In my opinion the play well with pk shell earbuds and really help to seal but keep the middle relatively open so you dont lose too much clarity.

For me 1 full foam usually gives the best seal because my ears are on the smaller side but I can see how double foams helps for some people.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #46,488 of 75,405
Try hiegi donut foams from the VE ex pack, really thick and dense, great for bigger ears if seal is the issue. In my opinion the play well with pk shell earbuds and really help to seal but keep the middle relatively open so you dont lose too much clarity.

For me 1 full foam usually gives the best seal because my ears are on the smaller side but I can see how double foams helps for some people.

I've heard of Heigi foams.. but the VE ex pack? Where do I get these please? Thanks! One thick foam may be perfect

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #46,489 of 75,405
Dec 13, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #46,491 of 75,405
Dec 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #46,492 of 75,405
Just be aware that those are still shipping from China so they will not be any faster.

Actually they are there with Prime/ fulfilled by Amazon if you scroll down and click on the second frequently bought together option that says wx-spc12-b for a cheaper $6.39 :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #46,493 of 75,405
Actually they are there with prime if you scroll down and click on the second frequently bought together option that says wx-spc12-b for a cheaper $6.39 :)

That is weird that the Chinese option came up first.

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #46,495 of 75,405
Dear All,

I have been reading this thread for quite some days, and there are 3000 pages!

Recently into Hi-Fi music, I have HiFiMan He400i and VE Zen. I pair them with Sabaj DA3. As I read and also felt (little bit) that Sabaj DA3 does not do justice with the headphones. With that I have ordered Drop THX AAA 789 (coming to me in Feb/Mar 2020)

I normally listen to Bollywood music and am looking for a earbud that can enhance my listening experience like instrument separation/placement, clarity, etc. Not a Bass head but decent bass is ok with me.

Even after reading so much on this thread I couldn't make up my mind on what earbuds I should try. I am looking for two pairs, one which goes with my normal Android phone and 2nd which pairs well with the AMP I have purchased.

Appreciate if anyone can help me, enlighten me.

Regards,

Amit

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #46,497 of 75,405

A really kind member messaged me about using silicone plumbers tape and one thick foam. I'm going to try that, and update with the results. I really love these already, so if there isn't any significant advantage I'm just going to use them as is. They're really incredible in clarity and musicality already.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #46,498 of 75,405
Have you seen how many buds I have? Running out of space.
Never stopped you before :wink:
I'm thinking of cutting a loooong narrow piece of packing tape, and just wrapping it around the circumference of the earbud and putting the foam on afterwards. Is that crazy? I feel I just need about a milimeter wider...
I've done it but it's not always successful in improving the seal. I really think you should try out the VE thick donuts from the VE expack. My mistake earlier I called them hiegi donuts, those are different and not as sealing IMO. Get the VE ex pack for its thick donuts instead of hiegis!

Hiegi donuts still have their time and place but if I ever need a thick donut foam for pk shells I always choose VE expack donuts first. They are almost bowl shaped (they have more of a structure than most foams thanks to the dense foam used).

Compared to full foams you will get a slightly more clear midrange and the imaging is more centered because of this but the seal is the important factor here so if it seals better for you the bass response will be improved over full foams.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #46,499 of 75,405
Never stopped you before :wink:

I've done it but it's not always successful in improving the seal. I really think you should try out the VE thick donuts from the VE expack. My mistake earlier I called them hiegi donuts, those are different and not as sealing IMO. Get the VE ex pack for its thick donuts instead of hiegis!

Hiegi donuts still have their time and place but if I ever need a thick donut foam for pk shells I always choose VE expack donuts first. They are almost bowl shaped (they have more of a structure than most foams thanks to the dense foam used).

Compared to full foams you will get a slightly more clear midrange and the imaging is more centered because of this but the seal is the important factor here so if it seals better for you the bass response will be improved over full foams.

I bought the Hiegi foams because I thought the were the VE expack... I gotta find the VE expack somehow. I really want them now

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #46,500 of 75,405

Users who are viewing this thread

Back