Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 4, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #45,721 of 75,149
There are other versions of the Willsound MK2 available
if you want more bass there's the Willsound MK2 VJC version

Along with the Willsound M2 MMCX I also picked up the Willsound MK32-8 and to my ears it seems to have some decent bass (listening to them with "Hypnotize" by Audioslave and "Bahia Funk" by Lee Ritenour on my Cayin N3).

I would presume the MK2 JVC has even more bass but that shell design must have limitations without some creative porting.
But these are $40-$50+ earbuds and not $10 shoebox buds like the Monk Pluses

And that's why I ended up pairing the HE150 Pros with my Zishan and Walnuts. Initially I was just going to include the Monk Plus's with the phone mic and controls.
You get a better sense of bass through those earbuds compared to either the Monks or Mk2s (although the MK32-8s come close)

For less than $60 USD you can get a pretty decent op-amp rollable ultra portable Z3 DAP with either a AK4490 or AK4493 chip and a set of pretty decent earbuds (HE150 Pro). Instant on, support for up to a 256 MicroSD, EQ and line out. For less than $50 you can get a Walnut V2s which is even more powerful with the same buds and have an eye opening listening experience if your phone and some cheap bluetooth buds were all you were using till then.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #45,722 of 75,149
I've had the same problem with red foams. Specifically Faaeal red foams. The best advice I've read has been to give them a little stretch in all directions before trying to put them on. Definitely gives you more space to work in.

Yup
been struggling foaming all my new earbuds this weekend
kept thinking to myself there's got to be trick to this because trying to get it in that little hole and having it fly off was driving me crazy
and then of course you'd rip it by pulling too hard

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #45,723 of 75,149
Can anyone comment as to the differences between the Willsound mmcx, mk2 and mk3? I read some brief description that the mk3 was more mid forward. How does the bass and treble differ between the two?

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #45,724 of 75,149
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #45,726 of 75,149
What is the comfort like with these? The connectors seem to be in a strange location, as though they might squeeze your earlobes.

Fit is fairly normal, nothing discomfort about it.

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #45,727 of 75,149
E1da 9038s has amazing synergy with my Simphonio Dragon 2+.

Brings out treble micro details really well.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #45,728 of 75,149
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #45,730 of 75,149
Received my Tourandots, they have way more bass than the Simphonio Dragon 2+. Much much more on the Harman tuning. Voices and mids are forward, even male voices. Treble does not get lost to the background.

But the bass in the Simphonio is way tighter and controlled.

It doesn't have the speaker-like separation and speed of the Simphonio Dragon 2+. Which makes the Simphonio better with a few genres.

The Tourandots still has a more enjoyable sound for most genres, especially if you want bass. The bass is forward enough to wear them without a foam cover.

The bass can sound very uncontrolled with static in certain recordings like it's clipping. I should try another source device.

Edit: yeah it was simply clipping from too much power. Worked better with the E1da in iem mode.

P_20191105_152248.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #45,731 of 75,149
Received my Tourandots, they have way more bass than the Simphonio Dragon 2+. Much much more on the Harman tuning. Voices and kids are forward. Treble does not get lost to the background.

But the bass in the Simphonio is way tighter and controlled.

It doesn't have the speaker-like separation and speed of the Simphonio Dragon 2+.

The Tourandots still has a more enjoyable sound if you want bass. The bass is forward enough to wear them without a foam cover.

Some reason the Tourandots are very unforgiving to bad recordings for the bass. The bass can sound very uncontrolled with static in certain recordings like it's clipping. Actually I suspect I have blown out units? I should try another source device. Maybe the E1da has too high a gain for these.

Very helpful feedback, I have swd2+ and was considering the Turandots.
Maybe the clipping appears because the unit needs a bit of burn-in? Could you update a few days later?
I have a very heavy bass test track and not many earphones can handle it. Would you mind telling me if the turandot can do it without distortion/clipping?

Many thanks.

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #45,732 of 75,149
Very helpful feedback, I have swd2+ and was considering the Turandots.
Maybe the clipping appears because the unit needs a bit of burn-in? Could you update a few days later?
I have a very heavy bass test track and not many earphones can handle it. Would you mind telling me if the turandot can do it without distortion/clipping?

Many thanks.

Yeah, after changing the mode in my E1da they handled that track no problem.

Still I don't know if their bass have so little control that they sound clipped at high volume.

It seems iem-mode puts a volume limit. The Simphonio can go pretty loud without sounding buzzy.

Putting the Tourandots into my Hiby R6 Pro also clips them at high enough volume. But the clipping volume is not that much higher to listening volume.

These officially have a wierd bass to me. Hopefully Burn-in can have enough of an influence for these. The bass is kind of monotonous.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #45,733 of 75,149
How am I supposed to know if this bass is intended or if I received lemons?

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #45,734 of 75,149
Can anyone comment as to the differences between the Willsound mmcx, mk2 and mk3? I read some brief description that the mk3 was more mid forward. How does the bass and treble differ between the two?

well, i didn't a/b them direclty , so i can't tell you a detailed difference but in general i like the mk2 better, they sound fuller with harder hitting bass more fun and musicality, the mk3 takes a more balanced approach with decent but less bass.

will is offering now mk32 which he thinks is the best right now, but i still haven't tried that.

you can get mmcx of any of them mk2,mk3,mk32 they should sound the same, but the mk2 and mk3 i had where from rholupat with vjc cable, i found the mmcx version with my cables sounding cleaner, so if you have some cables lying around, you can try mmcx

also if you have a balanced source, mmcx would be your better choice to use with balanced cables.

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #45,735 of 75,149

Already tested!!
Perfect Perfect Perfect no more word to say.

Enlightenment
I will sale all my earbud to buy second one Turandot and EBX

Can you tell me if I have received lemons or is the flabby/buzzy bass intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back