Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #45,751 of 75,442
Enjoying my own "GXaudio MX130B" :D

IMG_20191106_095451_2.jpg

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #45,752 of 75,442
To join the club, here's my newest “N50 32ohm steel mesh" build :) Very fun character, big and bold, slightly v-shaped. Big warm punchy bass, smooth and close to natural mids and highs, 3D-like soundstage. It's my favorite right now, very pleasant overall. Just a little extra emphasis around 3-5k so nothing extraordinary, I need to tame that range with most of my buds anyway. I'll also try to adjust the tuning foam for cleaner bass because it bleeds into mids a bit, so there is room for improvement. (just 1-2dB, easily EQ-d out) For 4usd plus cable it's already amazing in my opinion, with my usual little EQ adjustment it's almost flawless for a fun bassy/balanced signature. I consider it a cheap but big upgrade from the likes of Vidos, Qians etc.

edit: for example compared to Qian69: N50 has bigger and much deeper bass, more extended airy highs, better dynamics, much improved clarity/details. Basically Qian69 is muffled, soft and shallow in comparison. N50 has slightly more clarity added to vocals but the overall curve is smoother. Only pro of Qian69 is that it has slightly less peak at around 4khz but it's similar overall and needs EQ as well so not that big of a deal. (my ears are sensitive to that range not sure if it applies to other peope)
I use it in stock tuning at the moment, so tuning foam is only on drivers, there is nothing on the vents directly.

N50_steelmesh.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #45,754 of 75,442
My latest build, DP100 shells, old 32 ohm drivers

Nice! Can this DP100 shell snap on mx500 or steel mesh front covers? I'm planning to buy one but I'm not sure if it will work with my drivers

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #45,756 of 75,442
Nov 7, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #45,758 of 75,442
So can somebody help, I am looking to get an earbud from 11.11 sale, this time a smaller one either with 14.2 driver or in the VE monk lite shell shape.
Is there a one which is good i was hoping to get BGVP DX5, but not sure about the bass, i like a little bass slam but the bass should be accurate or may be VE ZEN LL although I don't know anything about them.
So kindly suggest
Also can anybody verify the driver size in VE MONK Lite

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #45,759 of 75,442
“N50 32ohm steel mesh" I consider it a cheap but big upgrade from the likes of Vidos, Qians etc.

Where did you buy this? what is the price

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #45,760 of 75,442
Who has the entire collection of ELI Audio Elibuds Sabia V1-7 to compare? Which version has the best sound?

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #45,761 of 75,442
Just the bass has a wierd pickiness to volume.

I was told that could be an synergy issue affecting Turandot's bass if some unmatched balanced adapter is used. Not sure if this mght be your case or not.

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #45,762 of 75,442
Where did you buy this? what is the price
Please note that this is a DIY set so you have to buy and solder a cable to it. (even with the RY-C10 cable I used, it's cheaper than Qian69) At the moment I haven't adjusted anything, so I just put the driver in the empty shell and that was it, because there is already tuning foam on the speaker. If you're interested in DIY and want to try something easy but rewarding, this is one of the best starter projects I think. (along with buying EMX500 drivers and putting them in random shells)
I bought it from here, I put it in my signature too:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980742390.html
You can also buy it from here, this is where I got the additional info like N50 PET:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027995148.html

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #45,763 of 75,442
Got my Smabots in a lot quicker than I expected and thus far I'm pretty impressed with the little guys! No unboxing review; never understood the "unboxing experience"...I don't care if it comes in a brown paper bag as long as the item performs as advertised and I don't keep boxes. So far I've only played with the full-cover foams and realized my eq was still set for my Fidue A83s (only plugged into my DP-X1 right now; will try the desktop setup later). I'll have to play with the foam donuts and the rubber slipcovers (as well as my eq). I'll give them a good listen this weekend and give a better writeup. 20191107_155910.jpg

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #45,764 of 75,442
Got my Smabots in a lot quicker than I expected and thus far I'm pretty impressed with the little guys! No unboxing review; never understood the "unboxing experience"...I don't care if it comes in a brown paper bag as long as the item performs as advertised and I don't keep boxes. So far I've only played with the full-cover foams and realized my eq was still set for my Fidue A83s (only plugged into my DP-X1 right now; will try the desktop setup later). I'll have to play with the foam donuts and the rubber slipcovers (as well as my eq). I'll give them a good listen this weekend and give a better writeup.

Excellent buds.

I would consider skipping use of the included soft pouch to carry them around. I think some of the problems with the first batch mmcx failures we're due to extra lateral stress on the mmcx connectors if carried in a soft pouch.

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #45,765 of 75,442
Mine were the very first generation and never had mine in the pouch and only ever used at my desk and the connector on the left failed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back