Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 3, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #45,706 of 75,149
after listening to how great my new FAAEAL snow lotus's sounds compared to everything else I just got I bit the bullet and ordered the Datura Pro. Waiting for the discount isn't worth it plus they already are quoting an end of November delivery. Couldn't do it on the Hibiscus IEM, that might get over run by either the Audiosense T800 or Turandot on 11/11
Snow Lotus 1.0 or 2.0? How is the sound?

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #45,708 of 75,149
Also interested re the Zen LL. How it compares to the Zen 2, Asura 2 and Monk Lite 120. As it's more expensive than the Zen 2!

Although I can't afford it at the moment - just ordered myself a spare Asura 2 (actually, this will be my first Asura 2s so will be interesting to see if the cable makes any difference). I was going to try the Omega, but I'm sure I've read people saying they prefer the standard fixed cable version?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #45,709 of 75,149
don't seem to get as much bass out of the blue red F150TS compared to my older HE 150pro both cables suck though always sticking to each other and tangling at the bud side. need to replace the cables
If that F150TS is the red/blue one I have it and enjoy it. Source needs to power 150 ohm comfortably.

Maybe someone has both to compare TY Hi-Z F150TS vs TY Hi-Z HP150S and say where the sound is better?

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #45,711 of 75,149
so Guys VE Zen LL are available, any idea how are they?

Also interested re the Zen LL. How it compares to the Zen 2, Asura 2 and Monk Lite 120. As it's more expensive than the Zen 2!

Although I can't afford it at the moment - just ordered myself a spare Asura 2 (actually, this will be my first Asura 2s so will be interesting to see if the cable makes any difference). I was going to try the Omega, but I'm sure I've read people saying they prefer the standard fixed cable version?

I've ordered one set in 3.5mm... Right now they are in transit, somewhere in my home country. I hope the post office workers don't take the initiative to burn in my set for me.:L3000: Otherwise, if it takes too long to arrive, I will become too busy in the next 30-odd days or so to have an extended listening session with them:triportsad:

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #45,712 of 75,149
Snow Lotus 1.0 or 2.0? How is the sound?

v 1.0
like them allot
right next to my Willsound MK2s
they are smoother than the Monk Plus
no emphasis in the lows or highs but really good mids(vocal clarity)

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #45,713 of 75,149
I've ordered one set in 3.5mm... Right now they are in transit, somewhere in my home country. I hope the post office workers don't take the initiative to burn in my set for me.:L3000: Otherwise, if it takes too long to arrive, I will become too busy in the next 30-odd days or so to have an extended listening session with them:triportsad:

I pretty much have most of the VE line with the exception of the higher end stuff like the blacks and whites
The zen LL are geared more for vocals with not allot of bass or super highs
I had the original which was super slim and light which I destroyed to get the new upgraded version at a discount
I also ordered the new sun with their upgrade package from the biggie/smalls or BIE

I also have the zen LL with the odyssey HD built in and USB connector but haven't tried those yet
for a daily driver the BIE is a good choice I use that now instead my biggie/smalls for in ears

but for something light on the ear the zens, asuras(which I don't have) and monkpluses are better
I have the zen2 terminated in 2.5 balanced and the ZOE with their soft blue cable
WIth the right power source like the VE amps they really sound the best of all of my buds.

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #45,714 of 75,149
I pretty much have most of the VE line with the exception of the higher end stuff like the blacks and whites
The zen LL are geared more for vocals with not allot of bass or super highs
I had the original which was super slim and light which I destroyed to get the new upgraded version at a discount
I also ordered the new sun with their upgrade package from the biggie/smalls or BIE

I also have the zen LL with the odyssey HD built in and USB connector but haven't tried those yet
for a daily driver the BIE is a good choice I use that now instead my biggie/smalls for in ears

but for something light on the ear the zens, asuras(which I don't have) and monkpluses are better
I have the zen2 terminated in 2.5 balanced and the ZOE with their soft blue cable
WIth the right power source like the VE amps they really sound the best of all of my buds.

You should get the Asura to complete the set :) I don't have the Zen black / white they're too expensive for me to have ever considered. I couldn't believe I forked out for the Zen 2 in fact - they're awesome though. A bit more awkward than some because of the no foams aspect, keeping them in is fine so long as I'm staying put.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #45,716 of 75,149
Maturity is the first thing to come to mind. The Datura-X has a warm and rather bassy sound - fun in a sense. Datura-Pro on the other hand has a calm, almost neutral but still warmish sound. Mid-range is still the focus of the presentation, but better tonal balance and thus better accuracy. Definitely the best Faaeal so far. The earpiece housing is also made out of a lighter metal this time, which is a plus as Datura-X is a bit heavy IMO.

There are three different type of back vent filters that come with KP120, which gives you three noticeably different sound - the stock black filter is probably the best to my ear with the best balance between detail and warmth. You can also play with full or donut foam with different back vents to further tune the sound, but for the topic I'll keep to just describing the black filter - the overall sound kinda reminds me of PT15, but more upfront and aggressive, lighter on the feet with slightly bright-ish tuning but still have a good bass reach, almost like a very mild U-shaped sound. The re-position of the MMCX socket is a godsend. The over-the-ear design of the KP110 makes fit a hit or miss, but KP120 feels just like a conventional earbud and much easier to recommend.

Full plastic and yes, it is a mic. A very warm and bassy sound if anyone wonder.

I'm looking for some new buds now that both my MX580 and Monk+ have both worn out, and I wanted to go a little higher. I've been looking at the KP120, and was wondering if you consider that a "mid level" bud?

Thanks.

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #45,717 of 75,149
Ok. But do they have decent Lows and Highs? Better than Monk+ or more or less similar?
The Monk Plus is allot more v-shaped much more lively, fun sound. What I would imagine a "Beats" influenced sound in a bud. The Willsound has lows but it's not as noticeable.

To my ears
The Monk Plus tastes like either a maitai with an umbrella or a guiness stout
The Willsound Mk2 tastes like a shot of Louis XIII

depends on what your are in the mood for
neither are bad

years ago when I first put on the monks
its was like whoa!
I think that's usually everyone's first impression when you take them out of their wrapper/case and plug them in.
they are usually an unexpected surprise

The willsounds are harder to acquire
so you are already anticipating something for either the trouble or the wait
to get them from indonesia

There's allot of good buds coming out of there and singapore has the Blurs if you can get them.

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #45,718 of 75,149
The Monk Plus is allot more v-shaped much more lively, fun sound. What I would imagine a "Beats" influenced sound in a bud. The Willsound has lows but it's not as noticeable.

To my ears
The Monk Plus tastes like either a maitai with an umbrella or a guiness stout
The Willsound Mk2 tastes like a shot of Louis XIII

depends on what your are in the mood for
neither are bad

years ago when I first put on the monks
its was like whoa!
I think that's usually everyone's first impression when you take them out of their wrapper/case and plug them in.
they are usually an unexpected surprise

The willsounds are harder to acquire
so you are already anticipating something for either the trouble or the wait
to get them from indonesia

There's allot of good buds coming out of there and singapore has the Blurs if you can get them.

Monk+ is good but lacks Bass badly. I would say no bass at all and if the sound is now warm, it will be impossible to listen actually. I have TP16 which are good but I want slightly more Clarity with Warmness and slight more Bass and also little sub-bass.
I am ordering few earbuds including FiiO EM3S and A6 on 11.11.

Here are the links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33043716825.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1b653c00UFfSqq&mp=1
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000282951150.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6f223c00W7k2do&mp=1 (Not sure how is the sound as no review available. Same for above too)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #45,719 of 75,149
What foams do you guys use? The ones that ship with the earbuds keeps tearing upon application.. the red ones usually. Black foams go on fine. Are there any difference between foam quality or is it just my technique?

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #45,720 of 75,149
What foams do you guys use? The ones that ship with the earbuds keeps tearing upon application.. the red ones usually. Black foams go on fine. Are there any difference between foam quality or is it just my technique?
I've had the same problem with red foams. Specifically Faaeal red foams. The best advice I've read has been to give them a little stretch in all directions before trying to put them on. Definitely gives you more space to work in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back