Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #44,341 of 75,272
You mean Sen*** KP110? They're on the market for a few months now. There's only one store sells them on Ali. It's currently on sale for $68. You can bump them to 60 with coupon. They looked interesting, the design is probably inspired by JVC HA-FW10000 + BGVP Dx3s.

I didn't pull the trigger because of concern over large drivers and the overall build. I had their **** and PT15 in the past. They were pretty good value buy, but I wasn't particular a big fan of their coatings plus their QC on MMCX connector is...meh

*Image credited to an anonymous buyer on **** official store taobao Intl.
Screenshot_2019-08-30-22-58-04.png

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #44,342 of 75,272
Hey guys, Can I get an earbud recommendation for my Nintendo Switch? My budget is around $100-150 and would prefer something that doesn't need to be amped to get decent volume, I'll be relying entirely on my Switch or Galaxy S10+ to drive them. My favorite headphones are the 598s, so, the closest sounding pair to that would be ideal. Thanks!

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #44,343 of 75,272
I got this interesting little email in my inbox a couple of days ago:

So first of all, congrats@ClieOS for being expert/infamous enough to be used by Aliexpress to hawk their new earbuds :wink: Secondly, is it true? Do you consider these new earbuds to be worthy of a $28/005 price tag? (Which, BTW, I calculate as only $5.60. So if my math is correct, they're hedging their bets a bit.) There's no image of the earbud on the site, so I've no idea what I'd be buying here. Anybody else pulled the trigger on these?

I'm always on the lookout for an earbud that I'd like the sound of more than my Shozy BK Stardust. I've not found one yet, but I would like to put the new Moondrop Chaconne up against it in an A/B shootout at some point. (If anybody else has already made that comparison, I'd love to hear your thoughts too.)

I recommend you Dragon2 +, which has a very clear sound on a wide sound stage.:L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #44,344 of 75,272
Do any of you know how the Lucky Bag buds are tuned, based on @ClieOS preferences? Might they be heavy bass, or leaning toward sparkly treble?

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #44,345 of 75,272
Do any of you know how the Lucky Bag buds are tuned, based on @ClieOS preferences? Might they be heavy bass, or leaning toward sparkly treble?

According to Mr. ClieOS's answer to the question, the Shell is "small". Perhaps I think the Shell is Yuin PK type.
So I think it doesn't have heavy bass. I heard that vocals are good.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #44,346 of 75,272
So, any info about when will be the reveal of this lucky bag? It's September already (especially in China) and the sale is still on. Or they will keep on selling these as long as people buy it?

Sep 1, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #44,347 of 75,272

My advice to NiceHCK is for something more mainstream, so don't expect anything too extreme. However, I haven't actually heard the final production as well, so it might not be complete the same as what I have heard on the prototypes.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #44,348 of 75,272
My advice to NiceHCK is for something more mainstream, so don't expect anything too extreme. However, I haven't actually heard the final production as well, so it might not be complete the same as what I have heard on the prototypes.

No snakes were used in the tuning of this bud.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #44,349 of 75,272
So I think it doesn't have heavy bass. I heard that vocals are good.

Doesn't have bass? Chinese garbage. Good earbuds should have a high low mid and well balanced. In vain I seduced again on this bag. The past was bad ME80 not a universal earbud for rock/metal and electronic is not configured, only for fans of Celine Dion probably

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #44,352 of 75,272
Doesn't have bass. Chinese garbage. Good earbuds should have a high low mid and well balanced. In vain I seduced again on this bag. The past was bad ME80 not a universal earbud for rock/metal and electronic is not configured, only for fans of Celine Dion probably

Why such a negative attitude? You are saying that if something does not have massive bass that makes it garbage? Nobody said there will be no bass. I expect that whatever it is, it will be well balanced. A good all rounder.

I am not a Celine Dion fan... lol.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #44,354 of 75,272
Hate Celine Dion, but Loreena McKennit sounds dope on ME80. :)

Love her! My only problem with the ME80 is they are a bit big for my ears. I can use them but my ears are a little sore after.

Edited to add:

Besides the Fukubukuro (lucky bag) bud I did order a couple of others during the sale.

The Toneking TO180 that I have had my eye one for a long time but never ordered because I thought my Toneking Ting was too big for me and this would be the same. Turns out that the Ting does fit me. I got it out the other night and it fit perfectly and sounded great. I think I know what happened. The Ting arrived in early 2018 when I was in the middle of some painful dental work which was also causing ear pain. I probably had some swelling that I was unaware of. Now I realize that this Toneking form factor fits me well and I am looking forward to the TO180. I got it for $40.

I also have that Chitty DIY MMCX bud on the way and am looking forward to seeing how he has tuned that. I got the transparent one. I don't have many transparent buds and I do like them. I like seeing what is inside. I wish it had been more heavily discounted during the sale but he never knocks much off. I paid $22.50 so I really hope it is good. The RY4S Plus MMCX was much less expensive and is excellent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back