Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #44,356 of 75,146
Love her! My only problem with the ME80 is they are a bit big for my ears. I can use them but my ears are a little sore after.

Edited to add:

Besides the Fukubukuro (lucky bag) bud I did order a couple of others during the sale.

The Toneking TO180 that I have had my eye one for a long time but never ordered because I thought my Toneking Ting was too big for me and this would be the same. Turns out that the Ting does fit me. I got it out the other night and it fit perfectly and sounded great. I think I know what happened. The Ting arrived in early 2018 when I was in the middle of some painful dental work which was also causing ear pain. I probably has some swelling that I was unaware of. Now I realize that this Toneking form factor fits me well and I am looking forward to the TO180. I got it for $40.

I also have that Chitty DIY MMCX bud on the way and am looking forward to seeing how he has tuned that. I got the transparent one. I don't have many transparent buds and I do like them. I like seeing what is inside. I wish it had been more heavily discounted during the sale but he never knocks much off. I paid $22.50 so I really hope it is good. The RY4S Plus MMCX was much less expensive and is excellent.
The RY4S Plus is awesome. Its the one I grab almost 90% of the time as its cheap, easily replaceable and handles just about everything I throw at it. Sounds great to me.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #44,358 of 75,146
I haven't decided what I really want yet, so I might be getting a little ahead of myself but for instance the Rose Technology products seem to be only available at Penon Audio. There is another site called aliexpress. Where are these vendors located? Are they reputable, honest, approachable with questions? Are there any other vendors I should look into?

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #44,359 of 75,146
I haven't decided what I really want yet, so I might be getting a little ahead of myself but for instance the Rose Technology products seem to be only available at Penon Audio. There is another site called aliexpress. Where are these vendors located? Are they reputable, honest, approachable with questions? Are there any other vendors I should look into?

Thanks.

Alibaba.com is a giant platform for global wholesale trade, serving millions of buyers and suppliers around the world. So the users are mainly manufacturers, trading companies, or resellers who trade in large order quantities.

AliExpress.com was created by Alibaba as a retail marketplace, offering quality products at factory prices in small quantity. Your order amount can be as low as 1 item and you can pay safely using Buyer Protection service. It's made up of small businesses in China and other locations, such as Singapore, that offer products to international online buyers.

Some of the AliExpress vendors also have "shops" on Amazon, and ship from distribution points in either China or the USA.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #44,360 of 75,146
Answer: I found a pair of white buds in the drawer. Nice cable, but very generic looking shells with no identifiers. For the life of me, I couldn't remember what they were. I plugged them into my amp and holy crap they sound good. What the heck are they? Then the lightbulb went off and I realized they are my Willsound MK2 rev2's. I had lent them to a friend for a while, and then I received a bunch of new buds, so the MK2's have been out of circulation (& consciousness lol) for a while.

Question: How do you know when you have too many earbuds?

Or possibly and alternate question: How do you know when you're getteing old lol!

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #44,361 of 75,146
Answer: I found a pair of white buds in the drawer. Nice cable, but very generic looking shells with no identifiers. For the life of me, I couldn't remember what they were. I plugged them into my amp and holy crap they sound good. What the heck are they? Then the lightbulb went off and I realized they are my Willsound MK2 rev2's. I had lent them to a friend for a while, and then I received a bunch of new buds, so the MK2's have been out of circulation (& consciousness lol) for a while.

Or possibly and alternate question: How do you know when you're getteing old lol!

Photograph each set of your earbuds / earphones, and save the image with an appropriate filename, and nice descriptive Meta Data.
Then write on a Post-It Note (placed where you're sure to see it), where you saved the image files... :wink:

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #44,362 of 75,146

When you find a memory course on cassettes that you know you never listened to and cannot recall when you bought them?

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #44,363 of 75,146

Always keep each one in a case with a label on it. We would be in so much trouble by now if we did not do that.

Also add a few descriptive details when you list them in your profile.

Sep 1, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #44,364 of 75,146
Alibaba.com is a giant platform for global wholesale trade, serving millions of buyers and suppliers around the world. So the users are mainly manufacturers, trading companies, or resellers who trade in large order quantities.

AliExpress.com was created by Alibaba as a retail marketplace, offering quality products at factory prices in small quantity. Your order amount can be as low as 1 item and you can pay safely using Buyer Protection service. It's made up of small businesses in China and other locations, such as Singapore, that offer products to international online buyers.

Some of the AliExpress vendors also have "shops" on Amazon, and ship from distribution points in either China or the USA.

DBaldock9, thanks for the response.

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #44,365 of 75,146
-693299112.jpg

OurArt QJ21, will be released in 2~3 weeks. MSRP around US$240. Those of you in US probably need to add another 10% of tariff :sweat_smile:

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #44,366 of 75,146
Besides the Fukubukuro (lucky bag) bud I did order a couple of others during the sale.

The Toneking TO180 that I have had my eye one for a long time but never ordered because I thought my Toneking Ting was too big for me and this would be the same. Turns out that the Ting does fit me. I got it out the other night and it fit perfectly and sounded great. I think I know what happened. The Ting arrived in early 2018 when I was in the middle of some painful dental work which was also causing ear pain. I probably had some swelling that I was unaware of. Now I realize that this Toneking form factor fits me well and I am looking forward to the TO180. I got it for $40.

I also have that Chitty DIY MMCX bud on the way and am looking forward to seeing how he has tuned that. I got the transparent one. I don't have many transparent buds and I do like them. I like seeing what is inside. I wish it had been more heavily discounted during the sale but he never knocks much off. I paid $22.50 so I really hope it is good. The RY4S Plus MMCX was much less expensive and is excellent.

I did not order the Fukubukuro (lucky bag) earbuds, because I think this is yuin PK type earbuds.
Instead, I have ordered Chitty DIY PK1 (red film) MMCX earbuds and am looking forward to hearing how this is sound.
I have decided to order this earbuds because it seemed easy to use as the protruding part of the jack of MMCX is short.
I persuaded Chitty over time, so I paid only $50.00.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950062232.html
DIY PK1 MMCX.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #44,368 of 75,146

OurArt QJ21, will be released in 2~3 weeks. MSRP around US$240. Those of you in US probably need to add another 10% of tariff :sweat_smile:

And those of use in Canada get to add another 30% for exchange. Grrr! Thankfully your cheapo recommendations suit me just fine :)

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #44,370 of 75,146
Doesn't have bass? Chinese garbage. Good earbuds should have a high low mid and well balanced. In vain I seduced again on this bag. The past was bad ME80 not a universal earbud for rock/metal and electronic is not configured, only for fans of Celine Dion probably

how much bass can be considered "good"?
does anyone who likes Celine Dion considered "bad"?

is it considered blasphemy if i like Korn, Deadmau5, SOAD, and put them in the same listening session with KD Lang, Amber Rubarth, and Celine Dion?

am i the only one who thinks that the ME80 not lacking any bass at all?

do i need to throw away my ER4PT (which certainly has less bass than the ME80) in the trash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back