Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #43,471 of 75,711
I have both, the tc 200 and sr2 16 ohms, and the sr2 is wayy better, sweet, fuller, frontal vocals, nice clarity without being brilliant, nice kick bass, not so much rumble, the soundstage is a little intimate, but in a nice way, its perfect for acoustic songs like "la soledad y el mar- Natalia lafourcade", i prefer them over my kz zs7 and ****. for me, they are a must have if you want nice, clear and mellow mids, for 15 dollars they are awesome.

I'm definitely going to have to check those out! But alas, they are $15 so they don't qualify for the $5 budget king competition LOL

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #43,472 of 75,711
I have both, the tc 200 and sr2 16 ohms, and the sr2 is wayy better, sweet, fuller, frontal vocals, nice clarity without being brilliant, nice kick bass, not so much rumble, the soundstage is a little intimate, but in a nice way, its perfect for acoustic songs like "la soledad y el mar- Natalia lafourcade", i prefer them over my kz zs7 and ****. for me, they are a must have if you want nice, clear and mellow mids, for 15 dollars they are awesome.
I like them too, probably one of the best budget pk drivers. Gonna try the sr2 pro driver once it arrives.

The bass hits just low enough to satisfy for me, any less and it wouldnt be as good but it has enough to balance out the sound.

I tried them with my new copper cable (i have one in a test shell converted to mmcx) and it makes the bass even more impactful but makes the mids a bit too warm. So I'll retune them slightly and to get the right balance of bass impact and clarity.

The soundstage does suffer, I could mount the driver a 1-2mm further back in the cover by adding a metal ring in front of the driver (the same used to make the drivers) and porting the pk shell around the edge and closing the middle holes to try get the most open soundstage. But it's a lot of work for what's probably a very small gain. Also you might lose some of the bass impact if you change the driver position...

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #43,473 of 75,711
Made my own silvers (with a different driver of course.

20190707_190422[1].jpg

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #43,474 of 75,711
I like them too, probably one of the best budget pk drivers. Gonna try the sr2 pro driver once it arrives.

The bass hits just low enough to satisfy for me, any less and it wouldnt be as good but it has enough to balance out the sound.

I tried them with my new copper cable (i have one in a test shell converted to mmcx) and it makes the bass even more impactful but makes the mids a bit too warm. So I'll retune them slightly and to get the right balance of bass impact and clarity.

The soundstage does suffer, I could mount the driver a 1-2mm further back in the cover by adding a metal ring in front of the driver (the same used to make the drivers) and porting the pk shell around the edge and closing the middle holes to try get the most open soundstage. But it's a lot of work for what's probably a very small gain. Also you might lose some of the bass impact if you change the driver position...
Do you have the link for the pro version?

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #43,478 of 75,711
I hereby proclaim the FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 (aka Fengru Silvers) to be the current $5 champions!
(I know that @Willber will agree)

Let me know what your $5 champions are :)
Another convert! :ksc75smile:

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #43,479 of 75,711
When/if I can get a couple more Kube colors, I will line them up for a photo shoot Right now I have purple, orange, pink and white.:) My husband has blue and white.

Meanwhile, I think I have finished collecting Sony Ericsson HPM-64 colors. All re-cabled by @HungryPanda. Individual shots of some of them are in a spoiler at the end of the post.

Nice collection, I need to finish mine as well, but do you have green color?

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #43,481 of 75,711
Nice collection, I need to finish mine as well, but do you have green color?

I never found green but I have that turquoise one at the bottom of the picture... It might be called aquatic blue

I have white, pink, red, purple, two orange, aquatic blue and that grey blue one My husband has a black and a red.

Do you have a list of all the colors ever made?

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #43,482 of 75,711
I never found green but I have that turquoise one at the bottom of the picture... It might be called aquatic blue

I have white, pink, red, purple, two orange, aquatic blue and that grey blue one My husband has a black and a red.

Do you have a list of all the colors ever made?
No, I don't have a list, but I have the green one and I think you are missing one more - black with red writing or you have it? I want blue one as well, hope it will be available on ebay when I will be ready to buy...

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #43,483 of 75,711
I hereby proclaim the FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 (aka Fengru Silvers) to be the current $5 champions!
(I know that @Willber will agree)

Let me know what your $5 champions are :)

So, no takers? C'mon people - don't be shy!

Jul 8, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #43,484 of 75,711
So, no takers? C'mon people - don't be shy!

I was going to mention this ones:
- RY4S UE or RY4S HI
- Yincrow RW-9

But they're more in the $10+ area.

So, right now IMO this one (a classic) beats the Silvers, as It has a more clear, sharp sound, with great bass. V-shaped signature.
FENGRU DIY EMX500

I also like the Silver, it has more thick mids and a warmer sound presentation, bit I prefer the EMX500 which has a more energetic, exciting sound. The Silver has a more relaxed non-fatiguing sound, so very different and they complement each other rather well actually.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #43,485 of 75,711
I was going to mention this ones:
- RY4S UE or RY4S HI
- Yincrow RW-9

But they're more in the $10+ area.

So, right now IMO this one (a classic) beats the Silvers, as It has a more clear, sharp sound, with great bass. V-shaped signature.
FENGRU DIY EMX500

I also like the Silver, it has more thick mids and a warmer sound presentation, bit I prefer the EMX500.
i concur, but emx500 fatigue my ears after 2 hours while i can listen to the silvers forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back