Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 6, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #43,441 of 75,149
Bit on the Snow-Lotus 1.0+ CE from Amazon and received today. First impressions are that these are quite close to my MX365s in signature; perhaps a bit cleaner and/or brighter, but hard to say yet.

I saw the SLs repeatedly mentioned for their efficiency/volume on mobile devices, but they seem to be almost exactly on par with the 365s in that respect, too. Overall, SL 1.0+ seems like a solid MX365 alternative (given the Senns are no longer for sale) for a similar price and with better build quality. Sadly though, the overall ergonomics don't tip in the SLs' favor, between the weight and bulky cable split. I also have to give the nod to the 365 shells for fit in my ears.

Since my main use for buds is on the go and driven by mobile devices' mediocre outputs, I may still go through with the AliExpress sampler just for fun. So far, between the H180/Datura/SL1.0+, I've yet to find one that quite outdoes the 365 when summed over SQ+volume+ergonomics. The SL is damn close, though.

Any recs for a super bass-heavy option under $8-10 on AE? I recall using some Sony buds sometime around 2001-05 that were far more impressive on the low end than the Senns or anything else I've tried so far. Would be fun to have a pair like that lying around, even if it's not my usual preference.
Not on AE but on ebay you can find the kube V1 and V2 which are bassy earbuds with good sub bass extension for the form factor.

Or on AE othere's the vido earbud for $3 which is one of the bassiest earbuds. Apperantly the red version has slightly cleaner mids but that could just be unit variance

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #43,443 of 75,149
Any recs for a super bass-heavy option under $8-10 on AE? I recall using some Sony buds sometime around 2001-05 that were far more impressive on the low end than the Senns or anything else I've tried so far. Would be fun to have a pair like that lying around, even if it's not my usual preference.
If you haven't already, try the Vido. They always seemed bassy to me although I haven't used them for a while:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32806045266.html

Have a search for them on here, they get a lot of praise.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #43,444 of 75,149
Why not just buy the es100 and use it's balanced output to drive your earbuds.

People have been using the ES100 to driver portable headphones, it can handle earbuds too.

Unless you are considering buying some low sensitivity earbuds, I think the es100 could handle all the earbuds we use in this thread. But ask es100 owners here to confirm.
Out of all my DAPs and amps, the ES100 does something magical to my ear buds. Not going to get technical, it just does. Small and portable is the icing on top of it all.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #43,446 of 75,149
Guys i have so many pairs just completely loose. Im looking for something like this
Untitled.png

Can you suggest me something good from AliEx.?

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #43,447 of 75,149
Not on AE but on ebay you can find the kube V1 and V2 which are bassy earbuds with good sub bass extension for the form factor.

Or on AE othere's the vido earbud for $3 which is one of the bassiest earbuds. Apperantly the red version has slightly cleaner mids but that could just be unit variance
do you have emx500? hows the red vido compared to it? im thinking red vido is a different driver from all vidos, and its an emx driver inside. not sure though since i didnt have red vido yet

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #43,448 of 75,149
do you have emx500? hows the red vido compared to it? im thinking red vido is a different driver from all vidos, and its an emx driver inside. not sure though since i didnt have red vido yet
I don't have red vido, people on EA group on facebook are saying red vido is clearer but i think its very possible that the vidos measure differently because of their cheap manufacturing. I have blue vido and have some emx500 drivers. Emx500 and vido sound too different to just confuse one for the other IMO.

Emx500 has more upper mid and treble presence. Vido is more bassy and darker. If red vido is indeed different and clearer I'd choose it over the blue.

People were also saying the black vido is somehow better awhile back. It seems once a new rarer vido colour is found people go crazy about it and maybe placebo sets in?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #43,449 of 75,149
I don't have red vido, people on EA group on facebook are saying red vido is clearer but i think its very possible that the vidos measure differently because of their cheap manufacturing.
I think it's more accurate to acknowledge that they're using new foams on the new red Vidos, and old foams on their old Vidos.
Old, loose foams sound smoother and duller than new, tight foams which sound clearer.
This is just my experience with foams on any bud.
There was even talk on there about different colours of Kube V1's sounding different, which is almost certainly also nonsense.

So far, I've heard no distinct variation between 4 Kube V1s and 8 Vidos.
But as a disclaimer, I should mention that I don't yet own a red vido :D so it's only my speculation at this point.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #43,451 of 75,149
I don't have red vido, people on EA group on facebook are saying red vido is clearer but i think its very possible that the vidos measure differently because of their cheap manufacturing. I have blue vido and have some emx500 drivers. Emx500 and vido sound too different to just confuse one for the other IMO.

Emx500 has more upper mid and treble presence. Vido is more bassy and darker. If red vido is indeed different and clearer I'd choose it over the blue.

People were also saying the black vido is somehow better awhile back. It seems once a new rarer vido colour is found people go crazy about it and maybe placebo sets in?
im just guessing base on their impressions on red vido, maybe its just on the density of the new red shell or a different driver which either new one or just an emx500 driver

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #43,452 of 75,149
I think it's more accurate to acknowledge that they're using new foams on the new red Vidos, and old foams on their old Vidos.
Old, loose foams sound smoother and duller than new, tight foams which sound clearer.
This is just my experience with foams on any bud.
There was even talk on there about different colours of Kube V1's sounding different, which is almost certainly also nonsense.

So far, I've heard no distinct variation between 4 Kube V1s and 8 Vidos.
But as a disclaimer, I should mention that I don't yet own a red vido :D so it's only my speculation at this point.
I believe I heard a difference in one area in my blue and white kube v1 around the 6khz mark. The blue having a bigger peak in that region when compared on a frequency sweep (not an exact science for sure lol) I do not believe it has anything to do with the colour variants and it's just driver variation from the manufacturing. I could buy 10 blue kubes and they may not measure identically.

If some mid-high end headphones can have driver variation then these chi fi earbuds can definitely have some too.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #43,453 of 75,149
I believe I heard a difference in one area in my blue and white kube v1 around the 6khz mark. The blue having a bigger peak in that region when compared on a frequency sweep (not an exact science for sure lol) I do not believe it has anything to do with the colour variants and it's just driver variation from the manufacturing. I could buy 10 blue kubes and they may not measure identically.

If some mid-high end headphones can have driver variation then these chi fi earbuds can definitely have some too.

yes, it's more of a production inconsistencies than intended variation. there are people who collect the Kubes and said it's because they have different sound. i have tried several - same coloured Kubes (and also same coloured Vidos) that sounded slightly different.

Jul 6, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #43,454 of 75,149

What??? You don't have a red vido??????

@mbwilson111 will NOT be impressed! :wink:

Jul 6, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #43,455 of 75,149
yes, it's more of a production inconsistencies than intended variation. there are people who collect the Kubes and said it's because they have different sound. i have tried several - same coloured Kubes (and also same coloured Vidos) that sounded slightly different.

I have collected a few Kube colors and would be happy to find more. I don't expect them to sound different. I just think they look cool:)

What??? You don't have a red vido??????

@mbwilson111 will NOT be impressed! :wink:

Why do you say that? I only have a white Vido and I got mine probably two years after everyone else. Mine is recabled with a blue/white twist cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back