Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 1, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #43,276 of 75,149
Willsound mk2 mmcx version. $37 http://www.rholupat.com/willsound-buds/willsound-mk2-mmcx.html

Just add a cable from aliexpress. This one is recommended for the price $10 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/33030782005.html

So that's $47 for a really good balanced sounding earbud with enough of energy in the bass and highs. It can suit a wide variety of genres including rock. And if your cable ever breaks you can just buy another for $10... The cable i linked is probably much more durable than stock mx365 cable anyway.

I'm not sure if they still ship with thin foams, if so here's some extra foams you can use when the stock ones get used up. $0.50... Practically pennys.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32909795959.html

If you find them a bit itchy at first, just wash them in warm soapy water then risnse them off. Should soften up that way. I personally find them just fine.
Wow!!!!

Nice price. I will get 2, 2.5 and 3.5. Do you know if where I could find a smaller mmcx cable to use with the ES100?

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #43,277 of 75,149
Willsound mk2 mmcx version. $37 http://www.rholupat.com/willsound-buds/willsound-mk2-mmcx.html

Just add a cable from aliexpress. This one is recommended for the price $10 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/33030782005.html

So that's $47 for a really good balanced sounding earbud with enough of energy in the bass and highs. It can suit a wide variety of genres including rock. And if your cable ever breaks you can just buy another for $10... The cable i linked is probably much more durable than stock mx365 cable anyway.

I'm not sure if they still ship with thin foams, if so here's some extra foams you can use when the stock ones get used up. $0.50... Practically pennys.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32909795959.html

If you find them a bit itchy at first, just wash them in warm soapy water then risnse them off. Should soften up that way. I personally find them just fine.
Very interesting and helpful, thanks. Are these Willsounds generally regarded as clearly better than the plethora of $5-10 options like Monk, Faaeal, etc.?

I really like the idea of using a separate, high-quality cable, as that's been the failure point for every pair of buds I've ever owned. Are there any decent but cheaper options out there that can take these plug-style connectors and wouldn't require soldering/recabling? I'm not averse to paying $47 for something good, but I also like to have several spares for portable/semi-disposable use in the car, office, etc.

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #43,278 of 75,149
Very interesting and helpful, thanks. Are these Willsounds generally regarded as clearly better than the plethora of $5-10 options like Monk, Faaeal, etc.?

I really like the idea of using a separate, high-quality cable, as that's been the failure point for every pair of buds I've ever owned. Are there any decent but cheaper options out there that can take these plug-style connectors and wouldn't require soldering/recabling? I'm not averse to paying $47 for something good, but I also like to have several spares for portable/semi-disposable use in the car, office, etc.
Ry4s mmcx at $3.99. The plus version(subjectively sounds better) is $7.99. Emx500 mmcx is like $8-9 too. Both of them are legend status buds.

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #43,280 of 75,149
The right driver on my Rose Mojito is broken. Would anyone here be willing to sell me their right driver if they have a spare? Long shot, but thought I'd ask.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #43,281 of 75,149

Yes :)

These are favoured over many budget pairs around here. Not just by me but by others too. I'd say the mk2 is one of the best choices under $60 especially the mmcx version because the mk2 with stock cable wasn't a great cable for its aesthetic or useability as it was very thin and stiff, very cheap feeling wire.

The cable linked is one of the best around $15 according to a very informative thread here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/

But there's better cables around $50+. I bought a $65 cable that was highly regarded in that thread and I absolutely agree with the thread starters acessment of its sound. He also measures them so he comments about their resistance and subjective quality.

So it's really up to you how much you wanna spend on a cable. $10, $50, or more... But I'd recommend looking at that thread and not blind buying expensive cables as some of them measure poorly or some sellers sell the cables for way above the asking price on other sites/listings.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #43,282 of 75,149
Wow!!!!

Nice price. I will get 2, 2.5 and 3.5. Do you know if where I could find a smaller mmcx cable to use with the ES100?
It is nice yeah. 'These were very conductive copper and sounded decent (good for the price)' that was the comments on the cables thread I was researching.

So it certainly is a nice buy if you want cables for budget earbuds, or need a few extra cables.

They look well finished too, nicehck makes good quality stuff.

Sadly there was no mention of small cables, I rarely see cables under 1.2m being sold.

I think ClieOS was selling one recently but it may be sold.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #43,283 of 75,149
Ry4s mmcx at $3.99. The plus version(subjectively sounds better) is $7.99. Emx500 mmcx is like $8-9 too. Both of them are legend status buds.
These are good, i still think the mk2 is like an accumulation of all the best budget earbuds into one all round slightly better earbud. It has a great all round quality.

It has a few minor weakness in the mids and imaging precision but nothing major at all.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #43,284 of 75,149
Jul 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #43,285 of 75,149
Which cable is better Nicehck or ****? at a similar price
I'm only going by the list on the cables thread.

Nicehck had that $10 cable, a $50 cable and a few $80-100 cables mentioned.

The only **** cable I saw listed was the $65 cable I bought which turned out to be excellent but heavy (36g vs an average 25g of other cables).

If you buy any cables other than the ones this guy Hakuzen has tested, your shooting in the dark.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #43,286 of 75,149
Today received Willsound MK2 & MK3. While managed to listen to only one song. Got a wow effect, it resembles a sound like in a Vido with only the best sound quality. The MK2 have more bass in the MK3, a bit less, the emphasis is more on the middle. By sound, both seemed the best of what I had. I will listen to the week, then I will say more precisely, the first effect is sometimes false.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #43,287 of 75,149
Wish I could use MK2...But the size of the buds are too large for my ears. I prefer something that has the PK1 shell or Rose Mojito. Will have to try Monk Lite since I heard they are ergonomic for small ears also.

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #43,288 of 75,149
Wish I could use MK2...But the size of the buds are too large for my ears. I prefer something that has the PK1 shell or Rose Mojito. Will have to try Monk Lite since I heard they are ergonomic for small ears also.

If you prefer small or yuin sized earbuds :

Willsound PK16 : for lighter approach
Willsound PK32 : for warm and punchy bass

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #43,289 of 75,149
If you prefer small or yuin sized earbuds :

Willsound PK16 : for lighter approach
Willsound PK32 : for warm and punchy bass

Respectfully, I always find it rather odd when people recommend unavailable/discontinued products though some might indeed seek a used, second-hand product though not usually ear buds at this price point.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #43,290 of 75,149
Respectfully, I always find it rather odd when people recommend unavailable/discontinued products though some might indeed seek a used, second-hand product though not usually ear buds at this price point.

Seriously? I did not know sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back