Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 31, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #41,086 of 75,575
It developed a rattle by my own fault. I was using +4 or 5db bass boost to get some deep bass but these drivers can't handle it. Eventually it begin to rattle and the damage was irreversible so it was too late to save. RIP!

I should have just kept them bass light or add only a few db of boosting and accept that they are not bass earbuds. But after hearing the gorgeous mids I wanted the full package of lush mids, warm full bass and smooth highs.

I like many sound signatures but if certain frequencies are missing it doesn't sound as good to me. Because you will miss elements to certain songs. So as nice as the TI7 is, you do miss out on a lot of low bass detail.

That's why the kube v1 mods are showing so much potential. The mids are high quality but the bass and highs are very good too. But of course I haven't made any progress lately because ive been off earbuds for awhile.

But I can say the kube V1 modded sounded like my TO600 but more open and better sub bass. And the 600 is a GOOD earbud, just lacking some soundstage width because if it's closed back design.

Infact I think the kube mids could just edge out the 600 if I kept working on the tuning. But variances between kube units could mean different pairs will sound different in tonality slightly.
agree, the bass is their weak point, rolled off, is kind of fast but lacks low bass, i use mine without EQ, the driver is not moving a lot, is stiff driver with titanium coating, i just use them with vocals and acoustic music

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #41,088 of 75,575
Just joined this thread last week, but what a nice, friendly group this is! Love it. :)

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #41,089 of 75,575
Hello, for anyone who own Ve Monk Lite (the standard 40 ohm), do you hear some kind of beep sound or high pitch sound on the left earpiece in this video below?

In that video, the high pitch sound starts to show up on around 00:00-00:01 immediately when the person talks, it happens in many places on the video when the person is talking. The high pitch notes never show up on non-vocal sound.

The interesting thing is the high pitch note on the left earpiece only shows up if I wear both earpieces, wearing only left earpiece doesn't produce the issue.

This same phenomenon also happens on my another earbud Toneking TP16, but the high pitch sound is much less louder on that video, however in another video it sounds louder. Can be said the issue in Toneking is less severe than ve monk lite. My other earbuds like ve monk plus, vido, TY HI-Z, yincrow x6 don't have this high pitch note issue.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #41,090 of 75,575
Anybody has both k's k600 and Smabat ST-10,
and can compare both.
Or if someone knows a better one in same price range.

The ST-10 is very new. The only person so far that I know of who has them is @ClieOS . Some including myself have ordered during the sale. Mine have not yet shipped... only shows that an order was created and I do have a tracking number. Because my husband @HungryPanda has the k's600 he probably will be curious to compare them but no idea when that might be.

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #41,091 of 75,575
First of the bunch has arrived. First impression: sounds smooth and airy. Good!

952B5247-3290-448F-98C8-C83E78DE4979.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #41,092 of 75,575
Hello, for anyone who own Ve Monk Lite (the standard 40 ohm), do you hear some kind of beep sound or high pitch sound on the left earpiece in this video below?

In that video, the high pitch sound starts to show up on around 00:00-00:01 immediately when the person talks, it happens in many places on the video when the person is talking. The high pitch notes never show up on non-vocal sound.

The interesting thing is the high pitch note on the left earpiece only shows up if I wear both earpieces, wearing only left earpiece doesn't produce the issue.

This same phenomenon also happens on my another earbud Toneking TP16, but the high pitch sound is much less louder on that video, however in another video it sounds louder. Can be said the issue in Toneking is less severe than ve monk lite. My other earbuds like ve monk plus, vido, TY HI-Z, yincrow x6 don't have this high pitch note issue.

No high pitch sound detected, I listened to 3 mins of the video.

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #41,094 of 75,575
@seanc6441 Well, since the driver is damaged... do you think you'd be able to take it apart and see what it's like inside? Just curious.
Already did :)

Driver has no tuning paper, the back cavity is about 50% filled with silicone sealant over the mmcx, the box section at the back is mostly full of silicone.

For such a design the sound is remarkably 'open'.

Driver itself is slightly smaller than a pk earbud driver. Titanium diagraphm.

As you can see from the outside, it's recessed into the housing considerably which is more common in headphones than earbuds. Most earbuds don't sound good with the driver that far away. These are surprisingly full and correct sounding for such a depth to the driver to ear position. Not to mention how open the front cover is. Most earbud drivers need the extra front dampening to control resonances and control the treble I imagine, these just sound good with the pure driver producing a great tonality.

So in conclusion, these could be housed in a much smaller housing in theory, I guess the silicone provides a small degree of reflection dampening, but it's mostly there to fill the cavity for tuning I would believe.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #41,095 of 75,575
The ST-10 is very new. The only person so far that I know of who has them is @ClieOS . Some including myself have ordered during the sale. Mine have not yet shipped... only shows that an order was created and I do have a tracking number. Because my husband @HungryPanda has the k's600 he probably will be curious to compare them but no idea when that might be.

Thanks for your response so I am guessing @ClieOS doesn't have k600.
Smabat looks good less impedance, k600 will be hard to drive.

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #41,097 of 75,575
Just placed an order...16 buds in total.

I must admit that this is my first time ordering from AE, so not quite sure how the process goes. I see that the current status is "Awaiting Shipment" and then a processing time below that. For the one shop it's just under 5 days and for the other shop it's just under 9 days. Is that really how long it takes just to process the orders?

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #41,098 of 75,575
Just placed an order...16 buds in total.

I must admit that this is my first time ordering from AE, so not quite sure how the process goes. I see that the current status is "Awaiting Shipment" and then a processing time below that. For the one shop it's just under 5 days and for the other shop it's just under 9 days. Is that really how long it takes just to process the orders?
Not usually, but I have had shops take the timer down to within an hour of expiring. Most shops ship within a day or two usually. I just ordered 11 items from 6 different shops and all of them shipped within 2 days. I just go into it with a mindset that its going to be a month before I see what I ordered. Have never waited more then a month for anything from AE. One tactic used quite frequently by sellers is to take your money with no stock, and then mark your item shipped before expiration time. Makes it very difficult to do anything but wait until the 50 day timer runs out.

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #41,100 of 75,575
One tactic used quite frequently by sellers is to take your money with no stock, and then mark your item shipped before expiration time. Makes it very difficult to do anything but wait until the 50 day timer runs out.

Oh wow that's messed up.

it depends if they have stock or not, also how many purchases they have on the same product, usually they ship the next day

I actually just saw, AE has some sort of shipment deal for orders that are sent to the UAE (Dubai) called AliExpress Direct. Get's sent to my door rather than through the post. That's super awesome since i HATE having to deal with any part of the postal system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back