Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #41,056 of 75,351
I totally agree with your description, but maybe this fake dsp effect is what makes it sound more spacious, relaxed, and separated in comparison and sounds like an open set of headphones to me.
sure it is fun with some music, but it sounds fake, the silver cable one sound real, is not forced, the bass is not a lot but is clean

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #41,057 of 75,351
The leather punch set (3,4,5,6 & 8mm) I ordered for modding earbud foams showed up today. They work great.

Regular/donut size hole is 6mm. I've tried 3 & 4mm and ended liking how the 4mm turned out. If I was doing multiple hole foams 3mm or maybe even 2/2.5mm would work better.

20190329_190514.jpg

20190329_152134.jpg

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #41,058 of 75,351
The leather punch set (3,4,5,6 & 8mm) I ordered for modding earbud foams showed up today. They work great.

Regular/donut size hole is 6mm. I've tried 3 & 4mm and ended liking how the 4mm turned out. If I was doing multiple hole foams 3mm or maybe even 2/2.5mm would work better.

Great idea. I can't find noticeable differences between full foam and normal donut foam so I've settled with full foams on them.

I am not sure if i want this kind of config, ACG is already bright even with full foams, but I am keeping this post for future reference.

The mod I am currently looking for for ACG is to treat the uneven mids. I can't pin point where it is, but a certain freq in the mids feel too thin.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #41,059 of 75,351
Great idea. I can't find noticeable differences between full foam and normal donut foam so I've settled with full foams on them.

I am not sure if i want this kind of config, ACG is already bright even with full foams, but I am keeping this post for future reference.

The mod I am currently looking for for ACG is to treat the uneven mids. I can't pin point where it is, but a certain freq in the mids feel too thin.

How many hours do you have on yours?

I've always wondered what would happen to the bass if we opened up the 'ports' behind the driver housing on the neck between the round and rectangle portions.

Just for giggles, maybe try using the Tara Labs cascade noise burn in file on yours? I did mine at normal listening volume for several nights. It may limber up the diaphram.

I also use the Jlab burn in track initially (has periods of silence in it). I figured out how to download it and it's saved on my old phone that I use for burn in.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #41,061 of 75,351
TI7 has mids to rival high end headphones I reckon. They are that good.

Ourart is missing a trick not designing a dual driver setup for it's TI7 and ACG.

Imagine ourart earbuds with powerful bass. Wow...

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #41,062 of 75,351
I've been dancing around the idea of getting the ACG for a while. I feel like even if I don't like the sound, they just look so amazingly beautiful. Are they worth it coming from the Willsound MK2 and looking for a different sound for different moods? After the shipping, they are actually pretty similarly priced.

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #41,063 of 75,351

I've always wondered what would happen to the bass if we opened up the 'ports' behind the driver housing on the neck between the round and rectangle portions.

Just for giggles, maybe try using the Tara Labs cascade noise burn in file on yours? I did mine at normal listening volume for several nights. It may limber up the diaphram.

I also use the Jlab burn in track initially (has periods of silence in it). I figured out how to download it and it's saved on my old phone that I use for burn in.
I don't know how many hours, but I've got them months ago and I use them in rotation for my daily beaters. I might try to let them burn again.

The mids issue is not that obvious, but if I switched from, for example PK16, it's noticeable.

Yes. I kept thinking on getting some sub-millimeters drill bits for widening the ports. But I am not sure if I have the heart to drill them.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #41,064 of 75,351

Thing is sometimes messing with the acoustic impedance of the driver by adding/removing dampening can reduce performance and add distortion especially in the bass. I don't believe the ourart earbuds have much dampening or none at all behind the driver, so the tiny openings on the shell controll all the dampening properties.

Opening it up may make the bass very sloppy, as the driver doesn't seem to be able to handle bass boost as my test with the TI7 confirmed. It physically distorts when pushed more than 2-3db.

But opening up the port slightly might be ok. It would have a slight effect on the mids I think. Any resonances around 1khz upwards my settle down slightly as you open up the cup. The bass would increase slightly but become looser as the mid bass gets a bump.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #41,065 of 75,351
I've been dancing around the idea of getting the ACG for a while. I feel like even if I don't like the sound, they just look so amazingly beautiful. Are they worth it coming from the Willsound MK2 and looking for a different sound for different moods? After the shipping, they are actually pretty similarly priced.
They are very good if you can get along with the signature. Very contrast if compared to the MK2.

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #41,066 of 75,351
They are very good if you can get along with the signature. Very contrast if compared to the MK2.
Yeah mid centric vs slight V shape.

The mids are higher quality on the ourart buds for sure. Then again there's almost nothing that comes close to those mids.

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #41,068 of 75,351
so true, you know i had full size headphones with amazing mids, one of the best(HE500), they are not even close to the ACG
Mine was the TI7 but I'm sure they have similar quality.

Best mids I've heard in earbuds are:

1. Ti7
  2. Penon bs1 official/Kube V1 modded
  3. Rose Mojito modded/Rose Masya stock (on 3-5 OI source)
  4. Original Shozy BK/Cygnus
Actually the Masya could be bumped to #2 on the right source. It's got that ridiculous smoothness and sounds sweet and not dull at all. But on the wrong source it's way too lean and sounds overly bright. So I'll keep it at #3.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #41,069 of 75,351
Just received an email from AliExpress, saying that the Little Bear B4-X Dual Mono Tube Amp (w/Balanced 2.5mm TRRS Output), has arrived at my local Post Office.
Don't know if it's out for delivery today, or if I'll get it Monday - but I'm really looking forward to hearing my Blur, VE, K's, and Svara earbuds driven by the tubes.

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #41,070 of 75,351
Mine was the TI7 but I'm sure they have similar quality.

Best mids I've heard in earbuds are:

1. Ti7
  2. Penon bs1 official/Kube V1 modded
  3. Rose Mojito modded/Rose Masya stock (on 3-5 OI source)
  4. Original Shozy BK/Cygnus
Actually the Masya could be bumped to #2 on the right source. It's got that ridiculous smoothness and sounds sweet and not dull at all. But on the wrong source it's way too lean and sounds overly bright. So I'll keep it at #3.
the mids are special, extremely open sounding, did you sold your Ti7?is not in your signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back