Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 31, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #41,101 of 75,149
Just placed an order...16 buds in total.

I must admit that this is my first time ordering from AE, so not quite sure how the process goes. I see that the current status is "Awaiting Shipment" and then a processing time below that. For the one shop it's just under 5 days and for the other shop it's just under 9 days. Is that really how long it takes just to process the orders?
Usually it processes in a few minutes to a few hours. Wait a few days at most before contacting the seller.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #41,102 of 75,149
Thanks for your response so I am guessing @ClieOS doesn't have k600.
Smabat looks good less impedance, k600 will be hard to drive.

I think ClieOS has everything :) Look at the first post at the beginning of this thread (that he started) and continue to scroll down the page. Anyone who has never done so needs to!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #41,103 of 75,149
So yesterday I mentioned the sr2 16 ohm buds here. Nearly of my listening with them to date has been via my Radsone ES100. Everything so far had given me the impression that it was a fairly dark sounding earbud that had exaggerated treble roll-off, which isn't my favorite signature, but the stellar sound stage and good clarity in the mids made that a trade-off worth taking.

Today I'm using them plugged directly into my phone's headphone jack while recharging the ES100, and I'm shocked to find that sr2 sounds far better with this source. It's confusing, with literally all of my IEMs the ES100 is a much better source than the phone's jack, I don't have a v30 or other "audiophile grade phone". But yeah, now the sr2 has plenty of treble extension, along with all the other great attributes. Quick tests pairing with various other sources in my house like my desktop DAC headphone output or my a/v receiver output shows that the muted treble performance with the ES100 was the outlier.

sr2 seem to be truly excellent for my ears. I don't particularly like the feel of the cable, but that's a minor quibble for the price range. I still can't figure out why they don't pair well with my ES100, but whatevs, I'll just enjoy them plugged into more stationary sources, heh.

Mar 31, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #41,104 of 75,149
So yesterday I mentioned the sr2 16 ohm buds here. Nearly of my listening with them to date has been via my Radsone ES100. Everything so far had given me the impression that it was a fairly dark sounding earbud that had exaggerated treble roll-off, which isn't my favorite signature, but the stellar sound stage and good clarity in the mids made that a trade-off worth taking.

Today I'm using them plugged directly into my phone's headphone jack while recharging the ES100, and I'm shocked to find that sr2 sounds far better with this source. It's confusing, with literally all of my IEMs the ES100 is a much better source than the phone's jack, I don't have a v30 or other "audiophile grade phone". But yeah, now the sr2 has plenty of treble extension, along with all the other great attributes. Quick tests pairing with various other sources in my house like my desktop DAC headphone output or my a/v receiver output shows that the muted treble performance with the ES100 was the outlier.

sr2 seem to be truly excellent for my ears. I don't particularly like the feel of the cable, but that's a minor quibble for the price range. I still can't figure out why they don't pair well with my ES100, but whatevs, I'll just enjoy them plugged into more stationary sources, heh.
Maybe burn in too? These buds might be one of the few that are truly effected by burn in.

Try them again on the earstudio to see if it returns to a darker sound sig.

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #41,105 of 75,149
I think ClieOS has everything :) Look at the first post at the beginning of this thread (that he started) and continue to scroll down the page. Anyone who has never done so needs to!

And every cool short mmcx cable known to mankind lol.

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #41,107 of 75,149
Linsoul DTM come either A8 16 ohm or PK1 150 ohm have mmcx sockets so you can use any cable you like

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #41,108 of 75,149
I received the Remax Clear 305M today and plugged them and thought these are really crap, did a polarity check and found they were out of phase. I popped off the right driver and switched the wires. Now they sound really good, full bass but a little on the bright side. Burn in time.

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #41,109 of 75,149
Having to take a few days off from using IEMs, broke out my favorite of the few pairs of earbuds that I have.
1969-12-31 07.00.00 1.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #41,111 of 75,149
Got my sub $3 clear RY4S in a few days ago. Got about 100hrs burn in, because why not? (50 hrs each of jlab & tara labs)

They sound good and have a warm signature.
Decently deep bass with good 'slam' to it. The bass does bleed a bit or the upper bass is a bit more emphasized than I like (125-250hz area).
Ok mids that aren't either too recessed or forward.
Treble is also ok, just missing a bit of extension.

The cable is microphonic but I knew that when I ordered it.

20190331_202135.jpg

Unfortunately, I think my first jump back into earbuds with the Ourart ACG spoiled me. It just doesn't have the clarity/transparancy I've grown to really like. Looks like I may need to stay away from the ultra budget earbuds.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #41,112 of 75,149
Any Hifiman ES100 love? ;]

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #41,113 of 75,149
Got my sub $3 clear RY4S in a few days ago. Got about 100hrs burn in, because why not? (50 hrs each of jlab & tara labs)

They sound good and have a warm signature.
Decently deep bass with good 'slam' to it. The bass does bleed a bit or the upper bass is a bit more emphasized than I like (125-250hz area).
Ok mids that aren't either too recessed or forward.
Treble is also ok, just missing a bit of extension.

The cable is microphonic but I knew that when I ordered it.

Unfortunately, I think my first jump back into earbuds with the Ourart ACG spoiled me. It just doesn't have the clarity/transparancy I've grown to really like. Looks like I may need to stay away from the ultra budget earbuds.
Thanks for the tips for EQ-ing the ACG.

The one with similar signature to ACG but smoother without losing much details and more all-rounder (the ACG is best with acoustics to me) is the PK16. Thanks to @chinmie for recommending it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back