Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #40,576 of 75,320
Love my ty-hi z
Even though I own some expensive gear. My current work set up is an ibasso dx120 with the cheap Ty earbuds. Very happy with it

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #40,577 of 75,320
Even though I own some expensive gear. My current work set up is an ibasso dx120 with the cheap Ty earbuds. Very happy with it

All of the enablers in my life are making me feel a little bit overwhelmed with new buds. But your enabling powers are pretty good as well! I should have those.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #40,580 of 75,320
Have anyone tried the ATH CM2000Ti's yet? I'm looking to replace my Sennheiser MX985's and these look like they could fit the bill. Have to buy them blind though, hence the question.
Just type cm2000ti in search, there's a handful of posts about it.

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #40,581 of 75,320
I received the K's LBB (Little Black Bell) a few days ago, my first earbud from this brand.

Quick impressions - It is not for bassheads, there is a little sub-bass and adequate mid-bass. The star of the show are the mids, they are very detailed, maybe a bit forward sounding. Treble is of good quality, crisp sounding but not fatiguing. Tonality is slightly above neutral, if neutral was a 5, then I'd give the LBB a 6 so it adds some musicality to the music but definitely not the signature for those looking for a fun sound. Soundstage is of moderate size, not the biggest but it does a good job of projecting a good sense of space, I'd be surprised if you encounter any sound congestion.

You may have noticed that there is no stem attached to the shell, I actually find this to be a good thing because with the NiceHCK EB2 (using same bell shaped shell) the stem can sometimes rub against my ear lobe and cause a little discomfort and I need to readjust them, but no such issues with the LBB. The cable below the Y-splitter is a bit springy with some slight stiffness but I can live with it. I'm a bit disappointed that there was no earphone case or pouch included.

Naturally it has made me curious about K's other offerings, such is life with this hobby.

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #40,582 of 75,320
Ok just bought the K's LBB in black :)

Well, what do you think of them?

How do they compare to the VE Monk (variants)?

Guys, for a neutral balanced sound with good mids and a clean extended treble, what other good options do we have at this present time?

Mr wskl, are the K's LBB one of your favourites so far?

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #40,583 of 75,320

Guys, for a neutral balanced sound with good mids and a clean extended treble, what other good options do we have at this present time?

I posted more about them in later comments. My unit had a defective right driver, it was rattling on bass notes.

That issue aside, the mids are very clean, highs are detailed and smooth. Bass is lacking.

If these had more bass quantity and warmth in the mid bass/low mids, I'd be highly impressed. Because everything above that is wonderful for the price.

I really don't like earbuds that lack enough bass to sound big/full like open back headphones, as it reminds me that I'm listening to small drivers, that's sadly the case here.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #40,584 of 75,320

@Light - Man - nice to see you on this thread.

With regards to the LBB, it is too early to say if they will become a favorite, I still need more time to evaluate but I do like how they sound.

Comparing with the regular Monks, the LBB are technically better in all areas apart from the soundstage, Monks sound more open. I also have the Monk+ SPC which I like quite a bit, so much so that they have been my daily driver for the past 2 months (I wrote about them in post #38814).

I am not the best person to ask about treble extension, I am a middle aged guy and have already lost the ability to hear those higher frequencies. Hopefully others can chime in with other recommendations.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #40,586 of 75,320
I have a pair of KZ ZSR but new to all this aftermarket stuff. Need help to know what size earbuds fit them. So I dont order the wrong ones. Wont even ask what's the best as I have read some of the thread and there are many to try lol.

You understand this thread is for earbuds, not IEMs?

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #40,588 of 75,320
E4771E7D-CFDD-41F3-8A6B-4646B14F33C3.jpeg

I got the ry4s ue a few months back after all the hype and unfortunately it was a bit disappointing for me. Really wasn’t my cup of tea; treble is peaky, vocals are shouty and all over the place/not centered, and though the bass had good amount of thump, it was very one dimensional and loose.. like having the same bass note and lacking nuance from song to song. I basically left it alone except for when the occasional positive impression makes me bring it out again only to confirm my initial thoughts. Maybe I got a bad one or I’m just spoiled with the other gear.

I didn’t give up on them however and, finally, I was able to get it outfitted with mmcx connectors, pairing it with a much better spc cable and the difference is massive..

F14B6397-2B23-4CF9-92E8-6B802CDFD324.jpeg

This was the sound I was originally expecting! Clarity and resolution much improved, soundstage is excellent and more cohesive with vocals not too far nor close. Its still slightly v-shaped but not severely. I can see these being one of my daily drivers now instead of collecting dust in my bin..

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #40,589 of 75,320

I got the ry4s ue a few months back after all the hype and unfortunately it was a bit disappointing for me. Really wasn’t my cup of tea; treble is peaky, vocals are shouty and all over the place/not centered, and though the bass had good amount of thump, it was very one dimensional and loose.. like having the same bass note and lacking nuance from song to song. I basically left it alone except for when the occasional positive impression makes me bring it out again only to confirm my initial thoughts. Maybe I got a bad one or I’m just spoiled with the other gear.

I didn’t give up on them however and, finally, I was able to get it outfitted with mmcx connectors, pairing it with a much better spc cable and the difference is massive..

This was the sound I was originally expecting! Clarity and resolution much improved, soundstage is excellent and more cohesive with vocals not too far nor close. Its still slightly v-shaped but not severely. I can see these being one of my daily drivers now instead of collecting dust in my bin..

I was going to suggest that you get the Yincrow RW9. But then I read that you solved your dilemma - nicely done!

When does my recabled ry4s ue arrive? :)

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #40,590 of 75,320
Still loving the Yincrow RW9's. And they are still on sale. Just sayin'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back