Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 4, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #40,533 of 75,209
I also go his reply few days ago about Monk+. I asked him if the Monk+ available with other sellers are same what he has or they are just using the name. He confirmed that they are not original Monk+ product of VE and just using the name so not sure how good or bad they are. I am eager to try them as I did not like Original Monk+ much. Hope the other one may be better. Even if it is slightly better in terms of Bass and fit, I guess it will be good deal.
This is just my opinion, so please do not take offense........:) If you do not like Monk+, perhaps you should consider trying some other brands, rather than support someone who is trying to make money off of name recognition built by someone else's labor. Someone may purchase the Monk+ based on its reviews and reputation but instead get something of unknown origin and quality. I don't think it does consumers any good to support counterfeiters, whether it be purses, jeans or earbuds. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #40,534 of 75,209
This is just my opinion, so please do not take offense........:) If you do not like Monk+, perhaps you should consider trying some other brands, rather than support someone who is trying to make money off of name recognition built by someone else's labor. Someone may purchase the Monk+ based on its reviews and reputation but instead get something of unknown origin and quality. I don't think it does consumers any good to support counterfeiters, whether it be purses, jeans or earbuds. Just my 2 cents.
No. That's fine. I was just telling that this is the reply I got from him some time ago.

Mar 5, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #40,535 of 75,209
Recently received Yincrow RW-9 ans SL 1.0+ CE. Favorite so far Yincrow RW-9. Very enjoyable sound, not dark, not bright just balanced clear sound with a touch of warmth. Very pleasant, fatigue free listening.
SL also clean sound, nothing going wrong but Yincrow RW-9 has something extra. It seems that the soundstage is more extended. Both have good detail and resolution, with a plus to SL but, the Yincrow RW-9 has a bit more spacious sound.
At least these are first impressions after listening ~ 10-20 hours each in ~1hour shifts. Maybe with some time some characteristics will change. Also not critical listening, just casual use while reading, browsing...
Both have nice cable but different style: Yincrow RW-9 4 thin core braided cable (feel delicate especially at earbud side where are only 2cores); SL 1.0+ CE much sturdier, with nice stress release at the lug side.
Nevertheless both worth the price.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #40,536 of 75,209
I really like the compact full metal plug on the SL 1.0+. Great quality for such a budget product. The suede carry bag is pretty nice too.

You don't get that quality at this price point usually.

Any one know where to get that plug separately? Would be nice for some diy cables.

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #40,537 of 75,209
Mar 5, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #40,538 of 75,209
Recently received Yincrow RW-9 ans SL 1.0+ CE. Favorite so far Yincrow RW-9. Very enjoyable sound, not dark, not bright just balanced clear sound with a touch of warmth. Very pleasant, fatigue free listening.
SL also clean sound, nothing going wrong but Yincrow RW-9 has something extra. It seems that the soundstage is more extended. Both have good detail and resolution, with a plus to SL but, the Yincrow RW-9 has a bit more spacious sound.
At least these are first impressions after listening ~ 10-20 hours each in ~1hour shifts. Maybe with some time some characteristics will change. Also not critical listening, just casual use while reading, browsing...
Both have nice cable but different style: Yincrow RW-9 4 thin core braided cable (feel delicate especially at earbud side where are only 2cores); SL 1.0+ CE much sturdier, with nice stress release at the lug side.
Nevertheless both worth the price.

Excellent impressions. They coincide with mine, except that I couldn't articulate them nearly as well!

A week or so ago, I tried out the ANN200 earbud. I hadn't heard of them, but @nick n lent me his pair that he got it from the seller of the Sabia's and Kubes (jultoptau).

I ab'd them with the SL 1.0+ CE and Yincrow RW-9 for about a week, and it drove me nuts because they are all so good. The ANN200's are more like the RW-9's though, but are a bit more forward in general, and have more kick to the bass (ie kick drums). They sound damned good to my ears.

After sending them back to Nick, I missed them immediately. Nick managed to get jultoptau to make them available to the masses, which they are now:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Earbud-ANN200-Earphone-Unique-MX500-Shell-Classic-Sound/223432572030

upload_2019-3-5_9-19-0.png

There's the "black cable straight plug" and "black cable bent plug" and "silver straight plug" variants. I went with the "black bent" (same as the one I tried out) and as a backup, the "silver straight" which apparently has a bit more soundstage.

Limited supply as far as I can tell. Fyi, I have no affiliation with jultoptau - I just appreciate the buds that he/she has been supplying :)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #40,539 of 75,209
While the MS16 feels solid it also manages to feel cheap at the same time. I remember thinking that the cable was wrapped in garbage bags.

I never pull them out anymore. They are fun but a one trick pony. Some stuff sounds amazing out of them, others sound horrible.

It has a second trick though, gaming! If you have a quiet room and your pc fans aren't too loud they are the best for hearing footprints!

I justified the MS16's $6 price for audiobook listening. It's handy to have volume control, stop/pause. If the quality of the sound produced is unique or very good for some genres of music, that's icing on the cake!

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #40,540 of 75,209
There's the "black cable straight plug" and "black cable bent plug" and "silver straight plug" variants. I went with the "black bent" (same as the one I tried out) and as a backup, the "silver straight" which apparently has a bit more soundstage.

I ordered the black straight cable (always choose straight with no mic whenever I have a choice) and also ordered the black bent for @HungryPanda. Ordered a spare Kube2 while I was at it.... and of course I also have the order for three more Kube1. Now we wait and have to trust the mail system.

I know we will like them. I trust your ears and Nicks.

I love how he tells the history of these buds. Not many sellers give that much info. Also he tests each one to make sure it works before listing them.

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #40,541 of 75,209
I know we will like them. I trust your ears and Nicks.

Brave souls! :)

I love how he tells the history of these buds. Not many sellers give that much info. Also he tests each one to make sure it works before listing them.

Right! Here is that history:
upload_2019-3-5_9-38-46.png

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #40,542 of 75,209
Brave souls! :)

Right! Here is that history:
As another truster of these ears, I bought one.
Of course I will again post measurements when it arrives.

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #40,543 of 75,209
Anyone got any answer from Lee (VEclan) recently ?
I'm waiting since more than a month an answer from him but nothing.. I tried to message him twice between weeks but still nothing. I'm getting worried, maybe he is dead?

His daughter was recently injured (not seriously), and he's been busy with new products (according to one of his recent posts on the VE Clan Facebook group).
He does seem to post answers to questions on the Facebook group - maybe he gets so many PMs, that he's just behind in answering messages.

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #40,544 of 75,209
Mar 5, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #40,545 of 75,209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back