Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #38,881 of 75,671
Hey, @rahmish, I see you have the Graphene and the DP100. Am I correct in that they are the same shells? Also, how do they compare with each other in sound? Thanks.
Yeah, they have a same shell and sounds pretty much the same, IMO, graphenes just looks nicer and have better cable, but now you can buy dp100 with different, white cable, I have black one which is just ordinary earbud cable, a bit stiff...

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #38,882 of 75,671
Yeah, they have a same shell and sounds pretty much the same, IMO, graphenes just looks nicer and have better cable, but now you can buy dp100 with different, white cable, I have black one which is just ordinary earbud cable, a bit stiff...
I got the silver one which I posted about here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2592#post-14712132

It is a really nice cable, flexible and seems good quality. I've been using them all day and they are very impressive. A bargain at $10 if they compare at all to the Graphenes (which I didn't get round to buying).

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #38,883 of 75,671
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #38,884 of 75,671
Yeah, they are really good, I even thinking to buy white cable version, like how it looks!
I must admit I was first attracted to them by the silver and orange bling!

HTB1mZ1ghi0TMKJjSZFNq6y_1FXaU.jpg

But I'm very glad I was.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #38,885 of 75,671
"rose_technic: We have already determined the name of this product: Martini . it will come soon ."
Concept models? First 'silver' one looks phenomenal. Double bass tubes, very open front venting and smooth shell design looking good to me. I really like the design.

So this is a different product to the rumoured mojito 'pro' right?

Is it TOTL? Hmm

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #38,886 of 75,671
I must admit I was first attracted to them by the silver and orange bling!

HTB1mZ1ghi0TMKJjSZFNq6y_1FXaU.jpg

But I'm very glad I was.

Now I want one! You are a bad influence on me.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #38,887 of 75,671
I think that my first spending would be that little cute rose martini. Love that aiwa-like Tube style.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #38,888 of 75,671
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #38,889 of 75,671
Just a quick note about the Snow Lotus 1.0 - I found a seller on Amazon last weekend, ordered on Sunday, arrived last Wednesday.

They do sound rather good - a little thick down low, not terribly extended at the top and bottom, but all-in-all a nice entry hifi listen. Lovely tonality and midrange, probably compete well with something like the KSC75s that I used to have. Really extraordinary for the price and they totally fit the bill for something that doesn't leak but let's in outside noise and can be easily driven straight from an iPhone. They do take a healthy amount of power to drive, maybe 80% of my HD58x.

On Monday my Toneking TO600s arrive, looking forward to see how they compare.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #38,890 of 75,671
I received OURART ACG few days ago hoping for a sidegrade from the EBX. The fit is better and it doesn't feel big nor heavy. Overall sound is cleaner and somewhat has better clarity. Imaging and soundstage is comparable. But when I tried to listen to some of my favorite hard rock tracks, the bass line (upper bass / low mid) seems way behind others. For that reason, it won't replace my EBX.

I just got mine as well 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm unlucky on this one, one bud was almost dead ootb. At first I could briefly get sound from the bad one if I shook it or tapped it with a finger, but that stopped quickly. Tried switching cables and no dice.

Today I tried the cable on my other mmcx buds and the right side is dead.

So bad cable and 1 bad bud. Trying to work it out with the seller on ebay. He wants me to ship the bad bud back, but with tracking its just over half the cost of these.

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #38,891 of 75,671
I just got mine as well 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm unlucky on this one, one bud was almost dead ootb. At first I could briefly get sound from the bad one if I shook it or tapped it with a finger, but that stopped quickly. Tried switching cables and no dice.

Today I tried the cable on my other mmcx buds and the right side is dead.

So bad cable and 1 bad bud. Trying to work it out with the seller on ebay. He wants me to ship the bad bud back, but with tracking its just over half the cost of these.
Sorry to hear that. To be fair, the cable is rather flimsy. Mine came perfect but the cable snapped when I was trying to detach the connector from the bud; now I know why people prefer 2pin connectors. Right now, I am using T2's cable with it.

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #38,892 of 75,671
The ACG grew on me and I must admit that it's a great buds.

First of all, I am a headphone burn-in / break-in skeptic; I personally notice some changes to some phones after burn ins, but some (limited) experiments with actual measuring tools prove that it's a myth.

When I received the ACG, it was bloated muddy mess. The mess was pretty obvious as I came from Kanas which I listened to the most, recently. I even thought that they might installed the wrong drivers into the buds.

So I let it play some musics for hours in the last few days.

Today I put some good listening to it. I am not sure which was burned in, the ACG or my brain, but it now shines quite brightly. All areas are tightened. Bass is punchy, treble is well extended, and mids / vocal is unveiled. Even the bass lines are more present; not bad at all, but I personally want more. Imaging is impressive with three dimensional space. Soundstage is narrower compared to EBX. And yeah, the upper mids / lower treble is quite forward which makes it bright.

edit: note that I am using T2's cable because I broke the original cable.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #38,893 of 75,671
Sorry to hear that. To be fair, the cable is rather flimsy. Mine came perfect but the cable snapped when I was trying to detach the connector from the bud; now I know why people prefer 2pin connectors. Right now, I am using T2's cable with it.

Yeah. These are probably the tightest mmcx connectors I've come across.

I've had no issues using the 'fingernail method' to detatch them. Wedge fingernails in the gap to basically wedge the mmcx connection open, no stress on the cables and less stress on the connectors.

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #38,895 of 75,671
Yes you have to be careful removing mmcx connectors. On my BGVP DX3's one side was so tight it ripped the socket out of the housing. Luckily I could repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back