Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #38,866 of 75,354
My extended family ended up getting me a Snow Lotus 1.0+ and MX760 Graphene (the old one) for Xmas! I am in earbud heaven over here. It's hard to believe the quality of sound you get for the price with these...

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #38,867 of 75,354
Sound-wise, the svara are a match with ebx ?
How would you judge fit/comfort, between your scara, ebx and VE asura ? (all weared "down")

And, regarding the sound - the EBX may have a bit more low Bass, but since they don't fit my ears as well as the Svara-L, I'd say the Svara-L (32Ω) are my favorite MMCX earbuds.
The VE Asura 2.0 (tethered 2.5mm TRRS cable) have better Midrange for vocals, but don't have as much Bass impact as the other two.
My favorite earbuds with tethered 2.5mm TRRS cable is the Wong Kuan Wae Blur hALF/hALF, but they are quite a bit more expensive.
And, oddly enough - a set of Vido that Wong Kuan Wae modified / re-cabled (3.5mm TRS) sound nearly as good as the Blur.
When Lee posted that the VE Zen 2.0 was being discontinued at the end of last year, I ordered a set of Zoe (which cost even more than the Blur), but I haven't received / heard them, yet.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #38,868 of 75,354
My DP100 turned up - I got the silver one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...iFi-In-Ear-Earphone-HD-Sound/32831005293.html

HTB1pJ_uXW_ST1JjSZFqq6AQxFXak.jpg

As you can see, they appear to use the same shell as the Graphene which is slightly smaller than the typical MX500 and is very comfortable with the supplied foams.

Sound-wise they are prominently v-shaped (I use EQ so that's not a problem for me) with impressive extension at both ends of the FR. The lows are tight and punchy and the highs are sparkly with little sibilance. Vocals are warm and natural.

They are not quite as spacious as my SL 1.0 (plenty of width and depth, though), but with excellent separation and imaging there is great clarity.

Also the construction is good and the cable seems of high quality. I like them a lot.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #38,869 of 75,354
What a detailed answer, thanks!

Maybe another solution would be to make my own erabuds: keep the EBX cable, take off the driver, put it on another more confortable and compatible down wearing shell, and add an mmcx connector.

A cool project, but I guess any high-end earbuds sound is a delicate mix of both its driver and shell (same as hifi speakers)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #38,870 of 75,354
My extended family ended up getting me a Snow Lotus 1.0+ and MX760 Graphene (the old one) for Xmas! I am in earbud heaven over here. It's hard to believe the quality of sound you get for the price with these...

You mean the $29 old graphenes? I still miss mine.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #38,871 of 75,354
You mean the $29 old graphenes? I still miss mine.

Those're the ones! They are fantastic. Very vibrant, big sound. I can see why these were a hit. The 1.0+ is quite good too.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #38,872 of 75,354
Those're the ones! They are fantastic. Very vibrant, big sound. I can see why these were a hit. The 1.0+ is quite good too.

Cool! I used them as my "sleeping" buds. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they were not too thick so they were fairly comfortable between my head and the pillow. They lasted a long time, but ultimately could not withstand the abuse. I'm currently sleeping with my RY4S's (he he), but they are a bit bulkier. Think I'll have to get the $29 graphenes again!

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #38,873 of 75,354
Cool! I used them as my "sleeping" buds. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they were not too thick so they were fairly comfortable between my head and the pillow. They lasted a long time, but ultimately could not withstand the abuse. I'm currently sleeping with my RY4S's (he he), but they are a bit bulkier. Think I'll have to get the $29 graphenes again!

Haha! I listened to mine in bed last night! Maybe I should stop or switch to Monks... I definitely don't want to break these.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #38,874 of 75,354
Haha! I listened to mine in bed last night! Maybe I should stop or switch to Monks... I definitely don't want to break these.

They lasted a very long time, so they are tough. But I understand the dilemma. I'd probably risk it again, because I like to have a big smile on my face when I'm sleeping :)

Having said that, if they were more than $29, I'd be thinking differently.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #38,876 of 75,354
I hope you did not throw it away. You (or a friend) could easily recable it.

Not me! But I do have a buddy with the skittles
(not mentioning any names <cough> @nick n <cough>)

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #38,877 of 75,354
Not me! But I do have a buddy with the skittles
(not mentioning any names <cough> @nick n <cough>)

You can find some nice looking inexpensive cables on aliexpress. Time to order a couple...just in case someone will help you:)

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #38,879 of 75,354
Hey, @rahmish, I see you have the Graphene and the DP100 I posted about earlier. Am I correct in that they are the same shells? Also, how do they compare with each other in sound? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back