Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 12, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #38,897 of 75,076
Another note about my Snow Lotus 1.0 (and after some hours of burning), I definitely appreciate the mids and highs, which sounds near TOTL to me. No sibilance nor harshness, just the right amount I would say. Vocals are excellent, no mid-bump detected.
The only issue is still the bass, while not anemic, they have presence but not so much.
So as promised, I have yesterday night my DIY try on them (recabled with 4 core silver plated and copper mixed, and a hole of 0.7mm on the bass port) and unfortunately bass remains almost the exact same. Looks like the mod of bass port works much better on EMX500 drivers).
Also I found soundstage to be finally very thin, but coherent and intimate globally.
As bass and subbass is important to me, my Snow Lotus 1.0 pair just finished dismantled for now (drivers, cable, shells), I might maybe assemble them again, but not sure. I will give them a try on a high quality full copper that I need to finish, but not sure it will make sound them better.

So to sum-up, if you guys are looking for one of the best budget available today for mids and highs (and depending on your music preference), this is the one :)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #38,899 of 75,076
"rose_technic: We have already determined the name of this product: Martini . it will come soon ."
Looking at their Instagram, it seems that the yellow and red were their initial designs. The chrome one is their latest design.

Also, they wrote in the comments that it'll come this summer. If it's a TOTL with TOTL price, might start saving now.

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #38,900 of 75,076
Looking at their Instagram, it seems that the yellow and red were their initial designs. The chrome one is their latest design.

Also, they wrote in the comments that it'll come this summer. If it's a TOTL with TOTL price, might start saving now.
Well the new one looks 100 times better. First two look like cheap buds in comparison.

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #38,901 of 75,076
In regards to the Mx760 graphene is there a difference between the $14 to $34 ones besides price point?

They are considered to be different versions with different sounds. I only have the newer less expensive version but more people seemed to prefer the more expensive older version

Wait so are the dp100 and mx760 graphene the same earbud?

Same shell. I don't think many people have the dp100. I have not seen any comparison saying that they are the same.

Well the new one looks 100 times better. First two look like cheap buds in comparison.

Haha... I like the red. Not going to get it though. I won't put a lot of money into such a small fragile thing. I would be afraid to touch it.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #38,902 of 75,076
After my last question here, and realizing how silly it was (thanks to those who answered!), I decided to try out some local diy earbuds based on mx 500 shells.

Turned out to be not so good as the fit was horrible for me as the bud was too big, and the SQ was way off coampred to any of my iems, even compared to my huawei usb c earbuds (which fit me nicely, and have a pretty clean sound, shaped like apple earpods).

So I went looking for something around the 15-20 usd range that's accessible locally (something like ebay) but not made locally and I found the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0 (i like the look of the white), FAAEAL Datura-X, and Moondrop Nameless.

Are any of the above smaller than a regular mx500 shell? The three are available locally at quite similar prices, with the nameless being more expensive by just a little bit.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #38,903 of 75,076
BTW the seller I messaged got back to me and said a couple days and they will have some Kube V1 up.
I'll link when ready, but I need my different colours first :)

Hi, any news on this? I want my orange Kube:)

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #38,904 of 75,076
Hi, any news on this? I want my orange Kube:)

I have my Kube1's mainly hooked up to my TV system. They have a really great soundstage and are great for that application imo, but they are also wonderful for music. Very unique buds - and that's not even taking into consideration the whacky colors!

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #38,905 of 75,076
I have my Kube1's mainly hooked up to my TV system. They have a really great soundstage and are great for that application imo, but they are also wonderful for music. Very unique buds - and that's not even taking into consideration the whacky colors!

What color did you get?

For TV we only use our home theater set up.. have never listened with head gear.

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #38,906 of 75,076
What color did you get?

For TV we only use our home theater set up.. have never listened with head gear.

I have the black ones, but will be getting another pair of some whacky color when they are available.

With the TV thing, sometimes other people are around and not watching it, so I have to keep it to myself. And even when watching with others through the speakers, they don't like to listen to it nearly loud enough for my tastes, so I often augment with buds as indiscreetly as possible.

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #38,908 of 75,076
I personally love my Yincrow X6. Made me not want to touch my Monk+ ever again.

I like both... and others. I have three different color of Monk+ (purple, coffee, and clear).

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #38,910 of 75,076
Another note about my Snow Lotus 1.0 (and after some hours of burning), I definitely appreciate the mids and highs, which sounds near TOTL to me. No sibilance nor harshness, just the right amount I would say. Vocals are excellent, no mid-bump detected.
The only issue is still the bass, while not anemic, they have presence but not so much.

Interesting, coming from using KSE1200s as a daily driver (small bass bump over neutral), I'm coming from the impression that the bass is perhaps a bit too thick/wooly. So I'd agree if we're talking about lack of definition (slam/texture) or the amount of sub-bass, but taken as a whole, I'd describe the overall tuning as slightly bass heavy. I have maybe 3-4 hours listening them so far, haven't spent any time actually burning them in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back