Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #38,266 of 75,861
20181211_173808[1].jpg

My beauties

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #38,268 of 75,861
Hello there guys! I'd like to ask for a recomendation if yall don't mind...
I'm looking for earbuds that cost less than 20$, based on sq, comfort and my sound profile preferences. They can obviously be cheaper than that provided that they are just as nice (if not nicer) than the upper range of my budget.

I prefer an overall "balanced" sound, but leaning towards the warmer spectrum. I like my mids to be present and detailed, they should lead the sound (without becoming too overpowering). I should be able to hear the bass without struggling too much, I like a slight bass upraise from what would be considered a flat signature, but I wouldn't consider myself a bass-head by any means as I hate boomy and overly bloated lows that bleed into the midrange. It'd be nice to hear sub-bass too if present, but I highly doubt I'll get that without sacrificing what i just mentioned, specially with earbuds (in which case I'll have to do without sub-bass). I prefer my highs slightly toned down, they should still be fairly represented and audible, but I can´t stand sibilance, so I prefer them to be tamer when reaching the higher frequencies so that they´re easy on the ears.
Other characteristics I look for are high clarity and detail, nice soundstage and separation and lack of muddiness or muffling, although I do realize some of these atributes are not easily attainable at my price point.
I intend to connect them straight to the source (laptop and smartphone), without the use of a DAC or an amp.
Last but not least the housing should be somewhat comfortable for long sensions, eventhough i think this drastically limits my choices, so I might have to be more forgiving in this aspect.

I apologize for the overly long request, If you do have the grace to answer me I shall remain forever grateful. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've been trying to read posts from a few months ago in order to catch up, but it's proven near impossible due to my university exam period being right around the corner. I hate to seem like the one who doesn't know how to use the search bar or to do some research.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #38,269 of 75,861
The silver cable that comes with the TO600 is very nice I just wanted a balanced connection and luckily the copper cable arrived the day after I got them.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #38,270 of 75,861
I'm looking for earbuds that cost less than 20$, based on sq, comfort and my sound profile preferences. They can obviously be cheaper than that provided that they are just as nice (if not nicer) than the upper range of my budget.

I prefer an overall "balanced" sound, but leaning towards the warmer spectrum. I like my mids to be present and detailed, they should lead the sound (without becoming too overpowering). I should be able to hear the bass without struggling too much, I like a slight bass upraise from what would be considered a flat signature, but I wouldn't consider myself a bass-head by any means as I hate boomy and overly bloated lows that bleed into the midrange. It'd be nice to hear sub-bass too if present, but I highly doubt I'll get that without sacrificing what i just mentioned, specially with earbuds (in which case I'll have to do without sub-bass). I prefer my highs slightly toned down, they should still be fairly represented and audible, but I can´t stand sibilance, so I prefer them to be tamer when reaching the higher frequencies so that they´re easy on the ears.
Other characteristics I look for are high clarity and detail, nice soundstage and separation and lack of muddiness or muffling, although I do realize some of these atributes are not easily attainable at my price point.
Last but not least the housing should be somewhat comfortable for long sensions, eventhough i think this drastically limits my choices, so I might have to be more forgiving in this aspect.

I apologize for the overly long request, If you do have the grace to answer me I shall remain forever grateful. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've been trying to read posts from a few months ago in order to catch up, but it's proven near impossible due to my university exam period being right around the corner. I hate to seem like the one who doesn't know how to use the search bar or to do some research.

I think the RY4S with the UE cable might be a good choice for you. Very nice sound. Clear and open but not sibilant to my ears. Decent bass and nice mids. I find the regular RY4S a tad sibilant at times.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #38,271 of 75,861
Is anyone buying the Monk Plus Late Fall Edition???

upload_2018-12-11_12-31-20.png

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #38,272 of 75,861

Hi @ROPVWV

I would say that there are many buds that fit your sound and budget requirements, but my personal favourite are the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0.

They have decent bass (tight but not very deep), warmish and lush mids (excellent for vocals) and detailed highs that aren't too bright. Separation is excellent and the soundstage is wide with decent height and depth. On top of that, they are excellently made. The cable is braided, flexible and almost tangle-free - it is my favourite out of all my collection. Also, the splitter and plug are machined from what looks like aluminium so are robust and light.

All in all they punch well above their price and they are my go-to buds before many others that are more expensive. They just seem to be 'right', very natural, and greater than the sum of their parts. Here is where I got them from (the clear ones):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...445.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.47344c4d6kh1B1

Although others will I'm sure have their preferences, these are mine - and at less than $10 you can't go far wrong.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #38,273 of 75,861
I think the RY4S with the UE cable might be a good choice for you. Very nice sound. Clear and open but not sibilant to my ears. Decent bass and nice mids. I find the regular RY4S a tad sibilant at times.
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! can the ue version be found on aliexpress?

Hi @ROPVWV

I would say that there are many buds that fit your sound and budget requirements, but my personal favourite are the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0.

They have decent bass (tight but not very deep), warmish and lush mids (excellent for vocals) and detailed highs that aren't too bright. Separation is excellent and the soundstage is wide with decent height and depth. On top of that, they are excellently made. The cable is braided, flexible and almost tangle-free - it is my favourite out of all my collection. Also, the splitter and plug are machined from what looks like aluminium so are robust and light.

All in all they punch well above their price and they are my go-to buds before many others that are more expensive. They just seem to be 'right', very natural, and greater than the sum of their parts. Here is where I got them from (the clear ones):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...445.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.47344c4d6kh1B1

Although others will I'm sure have their preferences, these are mine - and at less than $10 you can't go far wrong.

Nice! thank you so much for your detailed response. Given that you state to also own them, how would you compre them to the quian39, quian69, ry4s, ry4s UE and memt T5?
Also, I intend to use my earbuds without the use of DAC or amp, straight from the source. Do you think a smartphone (and a laptop) will be able to drive them without problem? I've seen they're rated at 64 ohms

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #38,274 of 75,861

Another amazing option is QianYum Qian69. Well balanced sound. The problem in my opinion is the cable. Works well with not so good sources.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #38,277 of 75,861
Nice! thank you so much for your detailed response. Given that you state to also own them, how would you compre them to the quian39, quian69, ry4s, ry4s UE and memt T5?
I prefer the SL 1.0 to all of them. There is nothing in my collection that I like better.
Also, I intend to use my earbuds without the use of DAC or amp, straight from the source. Do you think a smartphone (and a laptop) will be able to drive them without problem? I've seen they're rated at 64 ohms
I use a small FiiO amp, but I've just tested the SL straight out of my laptop and it sounds fine (the same, in fact).

Dec 11, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #38,280 of 75,861
Changed the cable that came with my Toneking TO600 for a copper 6 core balanced 2.5mm jack, earphone has come alive and I am absolutely loving them

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but can you compare it to the NiceHCK EBX? they both are around the same price bracket, I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back