Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #38,131 of 75,289
One option would be assign one of your posts for updating, and then to edit that post. You could then link to it within subsequent posts. Just a thought.
Thank you, I will keep updating the list in the last post. This list is only a reference, a point of start for newcomers.

Thank you that helped and is always updating this thread. You are awesome people!

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #38,133 of 75,289
I'm listening to the EMX500s at the moment and I prefer it over the EMX500. Such amazing sub bass with clearer treble

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #38,136 of 75,289
I have the ry4s UE, is there a reason to get the emxs500? Pls advise the difference . Thanks
In my opinion, no. My wife "stole" it and I had to buy it again for my collection (I bought 5, 4 gifts and one for me) :) RY4S is the best for the price that I have. I believe that EMX500S is around 85% of RY4S.

I have to say that EMX500S is amazing too, better than many others that are 4~10 times expensive but not at the same level of RY4S.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #38,137 of 75,289
small list
If you say so buddy...

Mojito is not genre specific it's just incredibly bright at around 4khz and a little brighter than ideal around 8-10khz. The 4khz peak is intolerable unless you have iron ears though, other than that the mojito is pretty amazing all rounder with one caveat: Recessed vocal range from 500-2000khz. Everything else is excellent though. If one was to remove the 4khz peak it would be good for many genres, with the peak there I can see why this bud is relegated to instrumental and orchastral music. But I will never use this bud without EQ the timbre is just so much better with a few tweaks. The double driver brings out some powerful dynamics which is the speciality of the Mojito I would say. Along with prestine detail, even after the peak is dropped detail actually improves as it becomes more neutral.

IMO, I advise you to skip K's Black Ling and just buy the Bell-TI if you are going to buy it anyway. May aswell go for the revised version (bell ti is the flagship successor to the Black Ling).

I also think shozy BK is outclassed by other PK buds. SWD2+ is said to be one of the best and I would choose TO400 as a similar but better sound than shozy BK, maybe toneking TO600 can surpass them both at a cheaper price than bk... Just trying to save your wallet :)

I'm kind of sad, no K's earbuds mentioned

I thought you were a K's fan? How did you not notice he already had two K's buds on his list :p

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #38,139 of 75,289
If you say so buddy...

Mojito is not genre specific it's just incredibly bright at around 4khz and a little brighter than ideal around 8-10khz. The 4khz peak is intolerable unless you have iron ears though, other than that the mojito is pretty amazing all rounder with one caveat: Recessed vocal range from 500-2000khz. Everything else is excellent though.

IMO, I advise you to skip K's Black Ling and just buy the Bell-TI if you are going to buy it anyway. May aswell go for the revised version (bell ti is the flagship successor to the Black Ling).

I also think shozy BK is outclassed by other PK buds. SWD2+ is said to be one of the best and I would choose TO400 as a similar but better sound than shozy BK, maybe toneking TO600 can surpass them both at a cheaper price than bk... Just trying to save your wallet :)

I thought you were a K's fan? How did you not notice he already had two K's buds on his list :p
Omg, you helped very much! Updating the list here. I already have the TO400, so I will remove the Shozy BK and replace Black Ling with the Bell Ti.

Thank you!!!!!

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #38,141 of 75,289
Omg, you helped very much! Updating the list here. I already have the TO400, so I will remove the Shozy BK and replace Black Ling with the Bell Ti.

Thank you!!!!!
Well just to my ears. To400 is a more refined bk, not as much congested staging or bloated low mids but same tonality. Win win. But to600 is the one that intrigues me, 600 ohm and newer than 400, might be a winner?

Bell-ti is hella pricy, it is using the same design as black ling shell but open vented, titanium instead of brass and new driver. Thus you can consider it a revolution to the Ling/Bell line up and a high end TOTL earbud :)

Are all these earbuds just for personal use? Are you buying them all or just listing your options? That's an insane amount of earbuds to buy at once haha

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #38,142 of 75,289
Updated:

Penon BS1
Willsound MK1/MK2
BGVP DX3s - fit issue, but good
K's 300 Samsara
VE ZOE
VE Zen LL
TY HI-z 150ohms/650ohms
Svara L 32ohms
SWD2+
Shozy BK
Black Ling
Blox Tm9/+++(Yin)+++ +++Golov+++
Super Kryptonite
Yinman 600
Snow lotus 1.0/2.0
RY4S UE - amazing price/audio quality ratio! need a good gift? this is the best!
EMX500S - amazing price/audio quality ratio! need a good gift? you can't go wrong with!
Toneking TO400s good but, restricted to some genres, shy bass
NiceHCK EBX good but, restricted to some genres, shy bass
YINCROW RW-9
Qian39/69
Vido
SR2 16 ohms SR2 black curved plug
Ourart Ti7/ACG
HE 150 Pro
E1008
Bell Ti 120ohms

Bell Ti -> https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...-vgj5lj4iQO0NAOQQK8wYlta3EHDMlQQzpRKbcNDLSek\

Guys, maybe I'm doing a kind of flood in this thread. If yes, tell me and I will stop.

Maybe the owner of this thread could put this list on the first page? Maybe not, but I think that this can be really useful for people that is starting with earbuds.

what?? no Liebesleid?? :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back