Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #36,751 of 75,630
@HungryPanda any thought then about your RY G500 300 ohm ? :)
Especially compared (if possible) to Willsound MK2 and MX500S ?
Here we go, The RY G500 needs a bit more power than both Willsound MK2 and EMX500s for a start so I had to try and volume level for comparison. Willsound MK2 has more bass although it seems cleaner and more controlled on the RY G500. The EMX500s bass is a bit woolly and uncontrolled. RY G500 seems to push upper mids more forward making vocals take prominence and sounding cleaner. My preference is Willsound MK2 > RY G500 > EMX500s. All three are good earbuds and I could happily listen to any of them.

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #36,752 of 75,630
I'm asking cause I have Zen LL and Zen 2. Is Zen Lite better in any aspect?

I have never heard the Zen LL, only the Zen Lite. I just know that about the difference in impedance. The shells are the same as I am sure you know. Maybe someone has both?

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #36,753 of 75,630
Here we go, The RY G500 needs a bit more power than both Willsound MK2 and EMX500s for a start so I had to try and volume level for comparison. Willsound MK2 has more bass although it seems cleaner and more controlled on the RY G500. The EMX500s bass is a bit woolly and uncontrolled. RY G500 seems to push upper mids more forward making vocals take prominence and sounding cleaner. My preference is Willsound MK2 > RY G500 > EMX500s. All three are good earbuds and I could happily listen to any of them.
Thanks for your impression, appreciated :)
Can't wait to receive my G500 pair!

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #36,755 of 75,630
The V30 is awesome. Best-sounding DAP south of $1000, and best UI of any DAP at any price.
And you can find them second-hand these days for around $250.

What???? Have you heard or used every DAP. Will it hold two 400GB cards like my new iBasso dX120?

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #36,757 of 75,630
I think so. Well, most of them anyway. I previously owned the DX120 and DX200 and wouldn't swap my V30 for either, even though I now have to settle for only one paltry 400 Gb card plus streaming.

I'm just glad that I found the Radsone ES100. It sounds great, and it means that I don't care how my phone sounds (ie I don't have to have the best sounding phone out there). But I can still use any of my phone's great players for control (ie Neutron, UAPP, Poweramp), stream Tidal, and I can have a fair amount of tunes stored on it (right now, I have a 200GB card, which will someday be a 512GB card once the prices have come down in 10 years lol).

Anyway, different strokes, but it's great to see so many options.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #36,758 of 75,630
I'm just glad that I found the Radsone ES100. It sounds great, and it means that I don't care how my phone sounds (ie I don't have to have the best sounding phone out there). But I can still use any of my phone's great players for control (ie Neutron, UAPP, Poweramp), stream Tidal, and I can have a fair amount of tunes stored on it (right now, I have a 200GB card, which will someday be a 512GB card once the prices have come down in 10 years lol).

Anyway, different strokes, but it's great to see so many options.
Anybody in the market for a BT receiver ought to also consider the Shanling M0. It's cheaper than the ES100 and has the same DAC/amp chipset as the V30. It supports AptX and LDAC and has a totally silent noise floor. Plus, when you don't want to use it as a BT receiver, it's also a DAP :)

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #36,759 of 75,630
The V30 is awesome. Best-sounding DAP south of $1000, and best UI of any DAP at any price.
And you can find them second-hand these days for around $250.

This I totally agree and share the same as yours.
Actually the imho , apple aside, the only andrio mobile phones which could use it as a Dap with audiophile sounding quality standards are the LG V20 , 30 and the HTC one , M , U series , the LG V has the most audiophile class sounding than the HTC , the reason i include the HTC are not all because of their sounding quality but because of their 2 VRMS Headphone output , from my understand only the LG V series and the above mentioned HTC series are the only android phones capable of 2vrms output .

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #36,760 of 75,630
Im looking to get the zoe but i was wondering what the difference is between trrs and SE ? Will there be a discount on these ?!?

VE do not participate in sales. They do offer deals every now and again though which are announced on their FB page. However if you already have Zen 2 then you can get a discount on ZOE.

I'm asking cause I have Zen LL and Zen 2. Is Zen Lite better in any aspect?

I have never heard the Zen LL, only the Zen Lite. I just know that about the difference in impedance. The shells are the same as I am sure you know. Maybe someone has both?

Wild Lee said that Zen Lite has the better SQ when amped. But I saw some comments from other people saying that they prefer Zen LL over Zen Lite so YMMV.

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #36,761 of 75,630
Hehe me too. He's probably going to get overwhelmed with emails lol.
Oh my goodness, what have I done? I didn't think about that........ hope I haven't burned my bridges!
I have both. Honestly, I have not spent much time with the Zen Lite. I fall asleep every night to the Zen LL though. The Zen Lite is closer in sound signature to the ZOE. I like the Zen LL as it is not quite as dark. (The slightly dark signature isn't because of amp'ing, I have plenty of power. :) I just prefer its additional treble without being bright.) The shells can't be beat for sleeping!

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #36,762 of 75,630
Was looking at Qian 39, RY4S, VE Monk (plus or lite) Faaeal Datura X, HE150 PRO (up to 30$). Listen mostly on Spotify (pop/rock) on Xiaomi MI A1 - phone amp has a problem with low impedance earphones, i get a hiss sound (common to this model, is not only my phone), so need it to be minimum 32 Ohm. I want to buy only one and live happily ever after, but i better have an explanation for Vido (my best earbud to date) !

I think the Qian 39 is the cheapest of these and a completely different more comfortable shape than the other ones as well (excluding the Monk Lite) so you should probably try that one. I'm happy with mine, someone somewhere said it sounded grainy but my ear's aren't sophisticated enough to notice, sounds good to me. Only thing more comfortable would be an even smaller earbud which is as flat as the Qian 39 or Edifier H180. Though if you like the Vido then you probably like da bass in which case you should order another Vido lol.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #36,763 of 75,630
Was looking at Qian 39, RY4S, VE Monk (plus or lite) Faaeal Datura X, HE150 PRO (up to 30$). Listen mostly on Spotify (pop/rock) on Xiaomi MI A1 - phone amp has a problem with low impedance earphones, i get a hiss sound (common to this model, is not only my phone), so need it to be minimum 32 Ohm. I want to buy only one and live happily ever after, but i better have an explanation for Vido (my best earbud to date) !
If you like Vido you could also pick the Faaeal Snow Lotus or the Yincrow X6, those have a darkish signature like the Vido.

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #36,764 of 75,630
Oh my goodness, what have I done? I didn't think about that........ hope I haven't burned my bridges!

I have both. Honestly, I have not spent much time with the Zen Lite. I fall asleep every night to the Zen LL though. The Zen Lite is closer in sound signature to the ZOE. I like the Zen LL as it is not quite as dark. (The slightly dark signature isn't because of amp'ing, I have plenty of power. :) I just prefer its additional treble without being bright.) The shells can't be beat for sleeping!

I felt in love with Zen LL. I got one with the ZOE and I got other (backup) when I bought the RunAbout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back