Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 23, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #36,766 of 75,369
Anybody in the market for a BT receiver ought to also consider the Shanling M0. It's cheaper than the ES100 and has the same DAC/amp chipset as the V30. It supports AptX and LDAC and has a totally silent noise floor. Plus, when you don't want to use it as a BT receiver, it's also a DAP :)
I believe that its receiver codecs are only SBC and LDAC, which makes it very limited as BT receiver (unless the source is an Android Oreo++, you'll stuck with SBC codec). I think BTR3 is the budget version of ES100.

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #36,767 of 75,369
BTR3 has one distinct advantage: the new HWA codec. I thought LDAC waa great till I tried HWA, now I just stick to HWA as much as I can.

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #36,769 of 75,369
people with the NiceHCK EB2 and Faaeal Datura-X, which do you prefer and why? trying to decide which one to get during 11.11

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #36,773 of 75,369
What about the zoe ?

Zoe is a nice earbud, but is darker them the Zen LL. You have more highs in Zen LL and more bass in Zoe with less highs, but without lose the balance. But the best thing in Zen LL is the shell. As someone said, it melts in your ear and you fell that you are using nothing. Both are amazing! I'm using the Zoe more nowadays, but I liked Zen LL so much that I bought one RunAbout just to get a backup of it. So, I bought the Zen LL and got one RunAbout lol. To be honest, I could sell everything except the Zen LL and the Zoe.

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #36,774 of 75,369
BTR3 has one distinct advantage: the new HWA codec. I thought LDAC waa great till I tried HWA, now I just stick to HWA as much as I can.
Thanks for this. Now I have a clear choice.

It supports HWA only in transmitter mode?

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #36,776 of 75,369
Thanks for this. Now I have a clear choice.

It supports HWA only in transmitter mode?

Only as receiver. Android smartphone can install the FiiO Music app and enable the HWA support in software mode. You don't need to use FiiO app to play music. As long as the FiiO app is running in the background and HWA codec will be used. Selected HuaWei smartphone already has HWA built in.

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #36,777 of 75,369
My Earbuds Confession

I only started buying gears late last year after years of not caring about musics. After I tried some of IEMs, I realized that I need something with low isolation because I need to be aware of my environment, whether at home or at office. Open back cans are an option, but it won’t fit well in an office environment as they leak.

Then a few clues pointed me toward earbuds.

Earbuds? Aren’t they obsolete? The last time I listened through any of them was probably two decades ago, and they were not that good in term of SQ (and looks). Look, even the big guys are directing their resources on cans and IEMs.

So I decided to order some from the suggested items in this thread. The first came to my door was EB2.

I am amazed. I am amazed at what this form could do, and the potential. To me, these things sound like miniature open-back cans. I was surprised because, as they are generally semi-open, I thought that they’ll lack of lows, but these have decent quality lows and, with good isolation, they could punch.

Now I know why you guys are all over earbuds.

This form is what I was looking for. Thanks for the recommendations. I think I am just starting out....

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #36,778 of 75,369
My Earbuds Confession

I only started buying gears late last year after years of not caring about musics. After I tried some of IEMs, I realized that I need something with low isolation because I need to be aware of my environment, whether at home or at office. Open back cans are an option, but it won’t fit well in an office environment as they leak.

Earbuds? Aren’t they obsolete? The last time I listened through any of them was probably two decades ago, and they were not that good in term of SQ (and looks). Look, even the big guys are directing their resources on cans and IEMs.

So I decided to order some from the suggested items in this thread. The first came to my door was EB2.

I am amazed. I am amazed at what this form could do, and the potential. To me, these things sound like miniature open-back cans. I was surprised because, as they are generally semi-open, I thought that they’ll lack of lows, but these have decent quality lows and, with good isolation, they could punch.

This form is what I was looking for. Thanks for the recommendations. I think I am just starting out....
I had the same experience !! Eb2 was my first earbud in a decade minimum.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #36,779 of 75,369
My Earbuds Confession

My first bud was the Monk Plus after years of looking for good sounding buds (i didn't came across this page until way later) i still love my Monks they have an amazing distorted guitar sound (maybe due to a bumb arround on the 300 - 400hz).

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #36,780 of 75,369
Oh my goodness, what have I done? I didn't think about that........ hope I haven't burned my bridges!

If generating more vunbud sales results in burning your bridges, then something's definitely wrong! :wink:

Only as receiver. Android smartphone can install the FiiO Music app and enable the HWA support in software mode. You don't need to use FiiO app to play music. As long as the FiiO app is running in the background and HWA codec will be used. Selected HuaWei smartphone already has HWA built in.

Thanks for that info - I wasn't aware of HWA beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back