Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #34,652 of 75,546
- Could somebody bring me up to speed without having to read this entire thread!

I'm on my third pair of Yuin PK3s, both thanks to my cat Satellite, and the fact they sound amazing, drive easy, and I can sleep with them in.
Well, I'd like to try something new after seeing the Simphonio Dragon 2+ Earbuds at Massdrop.

Given my preference above is there anything out there I can buy today and not have to wait more than a week for delivery?

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #34,653 of 75,546
- Could somebody bring me up to speed without having to read this entire thread!

I'm on my third pair of Yuin PK3s, both thanks to my cat Satellite, and the fact they sound amazing, drive easy, and I can sleep with them in.
Well, I'd like to try something new after seeing the Simphonio Dragon 2+ Earbuds at Massdrop.

Given my preference above is there anything out there I can buy today and not have to wait more than a week for delivery?

Where are you located?

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #34,655 of 75,546
- The hype train is true! - they are totally divine - very intimate & euphoric vocals etc - I feel justified in resisting the temptation of buying Liebesleid or Ling - which seemed like a natural progression after Masya & Moondrop VX-Pro - the latter however proved too heavy, thus got sidelined - & put me off buying metal buds (- hence EBX apprehension!)
EB2 however are in the Premier League of comfort!..you're gonna totally dig them! lol:)
It's all about the cable! You can have a metal shell if the cable is light enough, because the weight will be balanced in the ear n9t pulling down from the cable, i hate heavy cables but my Ling is one of my most comfortable buds and definitely feels the best in my ear as it's weighty enough to sit snuggly in ear but never fatiging or pulling down like the BS1 for instance.

Nonetheless I'll enjoy the EB2 since I dont own the EBX. Excited to hear it now!

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #34,656 of 75,546
Sep 11, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #34,657 of 75,546
The sunshine state!
Less than a week limits you to amazon in which you can buy the emx500 (great bud but the cable on the amazon sellers version is a bit stiff) to tide you over.

I suggest you also look to buy something on aliexpress and while it'll take awhile you can enjoy better quality buds and use the emx500 until then?

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #34,658 of 75,546
Just when I was wondering if there can be an earbud that matches up to the Bunting, Moon delivers the Nightingale!

The only thing that I wished for in my review of the Moonbuds Bunting was a bit more warmth - the Nightingale offers that and everything else that the Bunting did.

Absolute TOTL performance!

20180911_205351.jpg 20180903_194031.jpg

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #34,659 of 75,546
Less than a week limits you to amazon in which you can buy the emx500 (great bud but the cable on the amazon sellers version is a bit stiff) to tide you over.

I suggest you also look to buy something on aliexpress and while it'll take awhile you can enjoy better quality buds and use the emx500 until then?

Can people actually sleep with a bud with the emx500 shell? Mine would be on the pillow in no time... or around my neck

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #34,660 of 75,546
Can people actually sleep with a bud with the emx500 shell? Mine would be on the pillow in no time... or around my neck
Whoops he did say for sleeping didn't he. Yeah go with the edifier then it's a more snug fit.

@Graphicism

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #34,661 of 75,546
The sunshine state!

Alternatively you can get something from the FS forum too obviously but there are some great options on Amazon now. I just picked up a pair of Snow Lotus 2.0, Datura X, and Linsoul BLD; admittedly they look over a week to deliver but it was during Labor Day Weekend.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #34,662 of 75,546
Alternatively you can get something from the FS forum too obviously but there are some great options on Amazon now. I just picked up a pair of Snow Lotus 2.0, Datura X, and Linsoul BLD; admittedly they look over a week to deliver but it was during Labor Day Weekend.
I like that idea, some great choices pop up there and usually from the US so you can buy at good value.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #34,663 of 75,546
Cheers guys! I checked out a couple that were suggested;
- the Edifier is priced low, is it that good?
- emx500 on Amazon is through a Singapore seller.
- Snow Lotus 2.0 and Datura X are again cheap options, I'd be willing to spend up to $200.
- Linsoul BLD says high impedance and I will typically be using these directly with my cellphone or Kujira (cheap lossless portable player).

I should also mentioned that I picked up some VE Monk earbuds a few months back and they are just not in the same league as the Yuin PK3.

Edit. Yes thanks I'll the FS forums but I'll be honest... kinda grosses me out a bit.

Is this a new phenomenon or something? Are earbuds a new thing? Why haven't they made it state-side yet?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #34,664 of 75,546
It's all about the cable! You can have a metal shell if the cable is light enough, because the weight will be balanced in the ear n9t pulling down from the cable, i hate heavy cables but my Ling is one of my most comfortable buds and definitely feels the best in my ear as it's weighty enough to sit snuggly in ear but never fatiging or pulling down like the BS1 for instance.

Nonetheless I'll enjoy the EB2 since I dont own the EBX. Excited to hear it now!
I agree - I guess the tension of the cable is key to wearing them with no adjustments.....it will be interesting to hear your take on EB2 compared to Ling for comfort!
....BS1 were another "almost" buy - would have loved to have heard jazz etc on them - but the heavy/fatiguing cable seemed like a deal-breaker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back