Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #34,636 of 75,861
Wow what a thread!

my yuins and tingos are broke, i'm a bit rough on these.

any suggestions for a rugged earbud? with good build quality and cable. low impedance for smartphone/tablet. under $30 preferably

The DSQM Z&W Panda PK2s available on Aliexpress fit the bill for me. They have survived a few months of falling asleep with them in. So at least reasonably rugged. Should fall into your price bracket too.

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #34,637 of 75,861
Have the Datura X as well, I'll say EB2 impressed me more on the first listen.

According to NiceHCK, this particular model is priced for higher sale volume rather than higher individual margin, hence the good value.

Mine arrived a bit earlier... still admiring them and getting ready to take a couple of photos (which I will not share until others have received theirs.) Beautiful little things. I wonder if everyone is getting the same color. I am going to plug them into one of my daps so I can listen and burn in and listen and burn in some more:) When the dap gets low on battery power I will just plug it into the charger and continue to listen and burn in:)

I had just been thinking, before I saw your post, that this is one Jim wants everyone to be able to have. As far as the EBX goes I have never been tempted to try the ones that my husband owns... something about them does not look comfortable to me. Very pleased with the form factor of these.

I couldn't agree more!!! ...spent the day burning them in yesterday. I felt kind of underwhelmed initially (...I think they need EQ'ing to really shine imho!) - Suffice to say I'm extremely impressed with them now.....an absolute bargain!!!!!:)

What are your sources? I do not EQ but I have a few daps to choose from plus my desktop system so I am not too worried. I am not usually underwhelmed.. we will see:)

Datura-X - glad I managed to avoid them - I'm a big fan of Faaeal (snow lotus / narcissus 2.0) - however EB2 is in another league imo!!!

I have a Datura-x coming but I have heard my husband's pair so I know what to expect. They are nothing like my Faaeal Rosemary (150 ohm).

Regarding comfort I think you'll be amazed with the EB2....definitely the new "go to" (sleep wearing them lol!) - i.e. very compact indeed - the shells hardly protrude at all! And considering they have metal housings, they're incredibly light!! - an all round winner in my opinion...enjoy!!!:L3000:

So far I have never slept with a bud and only occasionally with an iem and only then when my husband is not home (night shifts). Instead of sleeping with buds or iems in that case I often accidentally stay up all night listening... so I am also in night shift mode:) The shell is beautiful. One of my favorite shapes. Love that the cable is NOT stiff.

BTW, when I got up this noon after listening all night, I avoided this thread because my husband called and warned me that people were already talking about it... and mine was still out for delivery. It was kind of like I was waiting for Santa Claus and did not want to spoil the surprise.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #34,641 of 75,861
Mine arrived a bit earlier... still admiring them and getting ready to take a couple of photos (which I will not share until others have received theirs.) Beautiful little things. I wonder if everyone is getting the same color. I am going to plug them into one of my daps so I can listen and burn in and listen and burn in some more:) When the dap gets low on battery power I will just plug it into the charger and continue to listen and burn in:)

I had just been thinking, before I saw your post, that this is one Jim wants everyone to be able to have. As far as the EBX goes I have never been tempted to try the ones that my husband owns... something about them does not look comfortable to me. Very pleased with the form factor of these.

What are your sources? I do not EQ but I have a few daps to choose from plus my desktop system so I am not too worried. I am not usually underwhelmed.. we will see:)

I have a Datura-x coming but I have heard my husband's pair so I know what to expect. They are nothing like my Faaeal Rosemary (150 ohm).

So far I have never slept with a bud and only occasionally with an iem and only then when my husband is not home (night shifts). Instead of sleeping with buds or iems in that case I often accidentally stay up all night listening... so I am also in night shift mode:) The shell is beautiful. One of my favorite shapes. Love that the cable is NOT stiff.

BTW, when I got up this noon after listening all night, I avoided this thread because my husband called and warned me that people were already talking about it... and mine was still out for delivery. It was kind of like I was waiting for Santa Claus and did not want to spoil the surprise.
Yeah I was trying not to say too much - for fear of "spoiler alert" haha ...Sources are: Sony NW-ZX300 / Cayin N3 / Zishan Z2 / Walnut F1 (-balanced & SE outputs.)

I love Faaeal too.....what are the Rosemary (150 ohm) like compared to Snow Lotus 2 / Narcissus 2 & EB2 ?? (- I'll post pics of mine - when yours are up ok? lol)
.....I got the black version hbu? (maybe there's a 50/50 ratio with silver??) Imho...they are the ideal form factor - almost feel like you have nothing in your ear!

I've only started to apply EQ recently to DAP's (-Sony NW-ZX300 really excels) & I also use Foobar2000 on my desktop (+ added EQ.)
Plus I compose tracks with Ableton 10 & Bitwig Studio - so additional frequency response tweaking can be adjusted to instrument layering/imaging etc via DAW's.:)

The image resolution & weight of instrumentation presented by EB2, works well for: female vocals / jazz / soundscapes / binaural / electronica etc...they handle ALL genres!!

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #34,643 of 75,861
Wah. My EB2 is still in the post. I'll be watching for the postman tomorrow.
Same here bro

Judging from the box pic I will love the build, looks somewhere in between Liebesleid and Ling shell type, seems it'll be excellent value for money!

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #34,644 of 75,861
Using mine with my Cayin N3 today. I do not EQ... how could I with so many sources and so many iems/buds/ headphones. I would need a notebook as thick as an old phonebook to keep track of it all the settings for each. I do prefer the super slow filter mode on the N3. My bud is black. My N3 is red:)

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #34,645 of 75,861
Wah. My EB2 is still in the post. I'll be watching for the postman tomorrow.

Same here bro

Judging from the box pic I will love the build, looks somewhere in between Liebesleid and Ling shell type, seems it'll be excellent value for money!

I am 26 miles east of London so it got to my local post office quickly. Longer to you guys in Scotland and Ireland. But you have the better scenery:)

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #34,646 of 75,861
The EB2's look awesome, and seem like they are going to sound quite nice as well. Congrats to all of you Fukubukuros!

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #34,647 of 75,861
Same here bro

- The hype train is true! - they are totally divine - very intimate & euphoric vocals etc - I feel justified in resisting the temptation of buying Liebesleid or Ling - which seemed like a natural progression after Masya & Moondrop VX-Pro - the latter however proved too heavy, thus got sidelined - & put me off buying metal buds (- hence EBX apprehension!)
EB2 however are in the Premier League of comfort!..you're gonna totally dig them! lol:)

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #34,649 of 75,861
Using mine with my Cayin N3 today. I do not EQ... how could I with so many sources and so many iems/buds/ headphones. I would need a notebook as thick as an old phonebook to keep track of it all the settings for each. I do prefer the super slow filter mode on the N3. My bud is black. My N3 is red:)
My N3's black, buds black, ZX300 is silver...dang I need silver buds now...doh!:)

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #34,650 of 75,861
- The hype train is true! - they are totally divine - very intimate & euphoric vocals etc - I feel justified in resisting the temptation of buying Liebesleid or Ling - which seemed like a natural progression after Masya & Moondrop VX-Pro - the latter however proved too heavy, thus got sidelined - & put me off buying metal buds (- hence EBX apprehension!)
EB2 however are in the Premier League of comfort!..you're gonna totally dig them! lol:)

Careful... if expectations are pumped too high there will always be people who are disappointed. There always are...with everything:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back