Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #34,426 of 75,634
This happens a few times already now. The T-music v2 alternative that I shared before also increase 2 fold in price.. All my friend regret not grabbing them while its still being offered. Now I regret not grabbing the SR2 last week. I'm gonna ask my local importer if there's any alternative.

Does SR2 16 ohm still worth the current price? In only have 1 yuin style earbud in my collection (it says cresyn on the splitter) and I hate the sound. Wanna try a new yuin style. I wonder SR2 will suits my sig.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #34,427 of 75,634
@tim0chan : Please waiting until it surpassed burn-in period. Though its treble is nothing special to me and It doesn't give me very negative feeling too.
@palestofwhite : It depends on what you stay now and what you will go next. If you are the one who always goes to an audio show event and trail-listen an over 100,000 $USD 2-channel speakers system as well as other hi-end audio stuff, it would be very hard to praise somethings (less wow feeling)~

By the way, tomorrow I am going to join Chord Electronics (CEO Mr. John Franks) Interview & Meeting event in Thailand. Well I might ask him about when Mojo2 will be announced and what does he think about balanced output cause both Mojo and Hugo series are still single-end output.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #34,428 of 75,634
Though I think its driver has high potential enough. Its SQ would go further if one modifies by re-cable, re-soldering, re-plug.

I hope to have my DIY PK2 SR2 16ohm recabled. The cable on it is very stiff. I do love the sound. Fully burned in now..but I was happy with them out of the box. I let them play music from my PC for a week. PC is always on anyway. Sometimes I use a DAP for burn in.

The Simphonio Dragon 2+ is back on MassDrop.
@all those who bought it on past drops: What was declared on the package? The full price or 19$ or similar (like chinese packages do)?

Massdrop always puts full value. They have to. We have been hit hard with customs fees and no longer order from them.

Great if you are in the USA.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #34,429 of 75,634
I hope to have my DIY PK2 SR2 16ohm recabled. The cable on it is very stiff. I do love the sound. Fully burned in now..but I was happy with them out of the box. I let them play music from my PC for a week. PC is always on anyway. Sometimes I use a DAP for burn in.

Massdrop always puts full value. They have to. We have been hit hard with customs fees and no longer order from them.
Moar sr2 impressions pls. Massdrop really sucks balls in my part of the world xD. The discount is usually offset by the shipping cost. In the end it's still cheaper to get from Amazon

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #34,430 of 75,634
Moar sr2 impressions pls. Massdrop really sucks balls in my part of the world xD. The discount is usually offset by the shipping cost. In the end it's still cheaper to get from Amazon
I am happy with my DIY PK2 SR2 (I went with the 150ohm instead of the 16) especially for the price it sold for when Jogawag posted. I think it is solid through all the frequencies with nice bass for a yuin shell. It is an enjoyable listen to me and great with tv shows/movies. The cable is fine to me especially compared to some of my others. At the old price I would buy a couple more especially since it is so comfortable. I am going to use it as my main streaming movie/tv show bud. At the new price, I might lean towards buying up to the Willsound PK16 or PK32. Overall, I am glad I bought it and think it was good recommendation especially at its old price. At its new price there seems to be alot more competition.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #34,431 of 75,634
This happens a few times already now. The T-music v2 alternative that I shared before also increase 2 fold in price.. All my friend regret not grabbing them while its still being offered. Now I regret not grabbing the SR2 last week. I'm gonna ask my local importer if there's any alternative.

Does SR2 16 ohm still worth the current price? In only have 1 yuin style earbud in my collection (it says cresyn on the splitter) and I hate the sound. Wanna try a new yuin style. I wonder SR2 will suits my sig.

DIY PK2 SR2 PRO 16ohm requires the burn-in time of 100 hours, and the sound signature changes unstably many times during burn-in. (Please don't use burn-in file.)
Ultimately, with a moderate sound stage, it will be a powerful bass and a slightly hard treble sound signature.
I think that at least this powerful bass is winning to the SWD2+.
If you feel that the treble is too hard, please use the full form.
I also have a Cresyn version, but I think that DIY PK2 SR2 PRO 16ohm is worth about 24 usd of the current price.

Edit;
Now I recommend DIY PK2 SR2 tpe 16ohm more.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #34,432 of 75,634
While TM9 plays in a champions league, I still believe that EBX is the best for details retrieving. On EBX, I completely rediscovered all my best tracks (which was not the case on TM9).
So all depends of what you are looking for, both are very complementary themselves.

Your TH-900 vs TM9, which has better details?

So bass is getting better with burn in eh...

Does the TM9 have more bass than Monk+?

@mochill
@subwoof3r
@luedriver
@ClieOS
@Danneq
@euge

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #34,433 of 75,634

Difficult to compare a high end headphone versus an earbud, but if so.. then definitely TH900, hehe :)
But yeah, I was mostly comparing about bass, and I still think TM9 bass has the best closest TH900 subbass and bass qualities than any other earbuds for now (from what I tried personally until now). But best subbass earbuds for me is still EMX500S.
TM9 has definitely MUCH more bass than Monk+.

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #34,434 of 75,634
golov said you can ask for balanced termination when you order.
That is correct
20180906_224006.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #34,435 of 75,634

@mochill
@subwoof3r
@luedriver
@ClieOS
@Danneq
@euge
Th-900 is pretty bright right? Like it has powerful bass and bright treble?

You may want to consider the K's Ling then for sub bass and impact it's the best quantity and great quality too. In fact i use more pourous foams to reduce the impact slightly and then the bass sounds tighter but also has great depth and authority where other buds may suffer without a dense thick foam.

It's also fairly bright up top and extended thats why i think it might be something for you to consider.

It's also more semi closed back than open in its shell design, which aligns more with the th-900 i guess?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #34,436 of 75,634
A wee query for those that may have heard both.

The Blox TM9 at $280 or the Simphonio on Massdrop at $200. Are they similar or is there a big difference in presentation between the two? Also how do they compare to something like the VE Zoe etc?

At the moment I'm loving my Moon Nightshade and also quite liking the Toneking 400 but feel the need to sample some other TOTL buds.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #34,437 of 75,634

The Blox TM9 at $280 or the Simphonio on Massdrop at $200. Are they similar or is there a big difference in presentation between the two? Also how do they compare to something like the VE Zoe etc?

At the moment I'm loving my Moon Nightshade and also quite liking the Toneking 400 but feel the need to sample some other TOTL buds.

I know not what you asked, but based on what I've read (heard neither, but in the market for a TOTL bud so been researching like crazy), they are not at all similar. Read up on the Simphonio, a few reviews out there, take each with a grain of salt as they interestingly differ, but you'll find the commonalities. TM9 info is limited to this thread from what I've sound so far.

The basic jist of it is TM9 is neutral, Simphonia is not, it's mids are forward.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #34,439 of 75,634

They are similar that both are right at the very top of the current earbuds world. ZOE, if driven well, can compete on that level as well - but the key words are 'driven well'. TM9 and SWD2+ on the other hand do not require as much attention on source matching. The big difference between TM9 and SWD2+, to me, is that TM9 is completely smooth, relax and open; where SWD2+ has a more aggressive upper mid / lower treble. In other words, SWD2+ is the more energetic of the two while TM9 is the more immersive one. ZOE on the other hand has more of VE trademarked warmish signature that is more focused on the mid and lower range, giving it a sweeter overall tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back