Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 5, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #34,381 of 75,553
It's great that you liked it! Yeah, cables are quite good, I ordered from them couple times now, will use for feature diy projects

Have you noticed that the red Sony bud does not have the lettering on the shell that the other colors do? I wonder why.

Sep 5, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #34,383 of 75,553
Have you noticed that the red Sony bud does not have the lettering on the shell that the other colors do? I wonder why.
Yeah, you're right, mine don't have writing as well, interesting...
DSC_1225.JPG

Sep 5, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #34,384 of 75,553
Yeah, you're right, mine don't have writing as well, interesting...

What cable is that? Also I see you have foams on them.. so far I have used them without ... because of the rubber thing around it.. I like it like that.

Have all of your drivers survived? We lost two out of twelve... so we have 5 buds and a spare set of pink shells (and two dead drivers). We also have two intact spare pink pairs to maybe try a mod.

No idea what to do with all the adaptor thingies. I cannot imagine anyone wanting them but I see some for sale on ebay.

Sep 5, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #34,385 of 75,553
What cable is that? Also I see you have foams on them.. so far I have used them without ... because of the rubber thing around it.. I like it like that.

Have all of your drivers survived? We lost two out of twelve... so we have 5 buds and a spare set of pink shells (and two dead drivers). We also have two intact spare pink pairs to maybe try a mod.

No idea what to do with all the adaptor thingies. I cannot imagine anyone wanting them but I see some for sale on ebay.
To be honest, I don't remember where I ordered the cable, somewhere on Aliex, but I deleted my order, so can't find it, but it was quite cheap, around 2 pounds, all my drivers survived for now,I don't know what to do with adapters as well, throwed them in the bin, just left one for any reason...

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #34,386 of 75,553
To be honest, I don't remember where I ordered the cable, somewhere on Aliex, but I deleted my order, so can't find it, but it was quite cheap, around 2 pounds, all my drivers survived for now,I don't know what to do with adapters as well, throwed them in the bin, just left one for any reason...

I think I found it.... and I want that one with the solid black connector for the other bud I need recabled (not a sony). Same seller that has the other colorful ones.

Strange that the link does not say cable... but it is when you open it. Guess they sell a lot of other items.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ronic-Called-Battery/2195049_32827797487.html

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #34,387 of 75,553
Sep 5, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #34,388 of 75,553
Willsound MK300, thanks to Willy @WillSound for recommending these to me.

OOTB impressions are favourable, after listening for about 90 mins, the first thing that hit me is the soundstage and separation, they are a noticeable step up from my other earbuds. It just sounds so open and I can hear each instrument more clearly. Signature is balanced, tonal balance is very pleasing to the ear, I am now beginning to understand why people have been praising Willsound, I think I am becoming a fan. Listening to these from my Xduoo X3 and Runabout Plus with VE thin foams on the earbuds. That's all for now, as suggested by Willy, the MK300 needs 100hr burn-in to reach peak performance.

Willy's buds have a very natural sound to their timbre. Stuff just sounds right. I highly recommend the two I have (mk300 & Pk16), though they are very different sound presentations they both offer a clean, clear and natural sound. Mk300 is you like warmth and Pk16 if you are looking for something more clinical but exacting.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #34,389 of 75,553
Willy's buds have a very natural sound to their timbre. Stuff just sounds right. I highly recommend the two I have (mk300 & Pk16), though they are very different sound presentations they both offer a clean, clear and natural sound. Mk300 is you like warmth and Pk16 if you are looking for something more clinical but exacting.
So in your opinion the PK16 is better than the PK32?

Edit: Never mind I just re-read your post and see you dont have the PK32. From what I've read cant go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #34,390 of 75,553

Thanks, the PK16 and PK32 is on my list for a future purchase, from your description I think the PK16 would be more to my liking. I previously owned the Moondrop Nameless and liked its neutral tuning but the shell was not a good fit for my ears, so I'm hoping that the PK16 will be a good replacement.

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #34,391 of 75,553
So in your opinion the PK16 is better than the PK32?

Edit: Never mind I just re-read your post and see you dont have the PK32. From what I've read cant go wrong with either.

PK32 and PK16 have a similar SQ, but different tonality. if you like warm tone go for PK32, if you like detail go for PK16. both are great. i personally go for the PK16

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #34,392 of 75,553
PK32 and PK16 have a similar SQ, but different tonality. if you like warm tone go for PK32, if you like detail go for PK16. both are great. i personally go for the PK16
Thanks, I knew there was one person in the thread had both. I remembered you like the PK16 better just didnt know why. Thanks for the reply. Most of my buds are warm other than the mojito so I probably will go for the PK16.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #34,393 of 75,553
Impressions on the Odyssey? How does it pair with the monk+ and lite? Any change to their sq?

I haven't tried monk + yet, I gave asura 2.0s a quick listen (as it has 150ohm and wanted to see how it would handle the impedence) and it seemed like it became more "analog" sounding, as first impressions go,

currently using it with my pc to "power" blox tm9 and I have no complaints,

though I have to listen to some songs (if not all at very low volume, under 10 on my pc) but if a song that I like comes on like Seree Lee - Classic Axe I can turn it up to 38 without the earphones sound too loud

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #34,395 of 75,553
@HungryPanda do you still have the FAAEAL Z-Sound with you? Going by the images on the listing. its shell size appear to smaller than MX500/Monks. Can you confirm that? I never found the Monks comfortable. And they sounded a tad bit harsh to me. How do these sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back