Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #34,367 of 75,308
Seriously? I hope you are joking.

That was a winky face at the end lol, so yes I was joking. But they will be available at some point.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #34,368 of 75,308
That was a winky face at the end lol, so yes I was joking. But they will be available at aimed point.

Whew!!!! I am guessing they will at least be a bit more than we paid. You were about to make 200 people very upset! :)

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #34,372 of 75,308
Got my headfi consumerism itch out of the way and ordered the FAAEAL Datura-X's and the FENGRU DIY PK1 2.5mm balanced 150ohm's (which I'm pretty sure are the same as the Linsoul BLD 150ohm's).

That should do me for a month or so. Well, as long as I don't read @dheepak10's review of the Airman AHE-150 lol.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #34,374 of 75,308
I am enjoying my recabled (by @HungryPanda ) Sony Ericsson HPM-64(x3) Picked up a few colors from Amazon and Ebay for £2 to £3 each. Red, Orange, Pink. Also recabled a Red and a Black for himself. I have a White one sitting here waiting for the cable to arrive. All of the cables used so far are less than £2 each. We have a couple of extra pink ones (those were less than £2) that we can take the drivers from in case of a disaster during the soldering process. Only lost two out of 12 drivers so far... pretty good for the first time.

Recabling is essential. They are useless without it... unless you have an old Sony Ericsson phone. I have included the white one that is waiting for a cable in the photo (minus the bulky adapter thingie). You could put some kind of extender on it but then you still have to deal with it being a J cable. This has been practice for some future more serious recabling projects:) Best part is... they sound good...to my ears anyway. I love the cable on the orange one. Those come in a few colors on aliexpress. DIY earphone cables.

I used the same cable on my orange ones!

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #34,375 of 75,308
I used the same cable on my orange ones!

I know you did:) You were the reason I ordered that cable:) They really look good together. I like how soft the cable is.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #34,378 of 75,308
I am enjoying my recabled (by @HungryPanda ) Sony Ericsson HPM-64(x3) ...
This nice photo reminded me that I had one of those SE earbuds. They came with my SE Elm phone and just stayed in the box unused for.. seven or eight years (I still use the little phone as a second device. It never ever failed me!). I found the box with the earbuds relatively easy at the bottom of the closet, but then had to dig really deep for the adapter. I was sure I had one so I spent 26 minutes picking through all sorts of consumer electronics trash - cables, chargers, dead laptop battery, HDD, keyboards, several computer mice, an ancient Canon PowerShot camera, Panasonic cordless phone, even my old Sony Cassette Walkman (that one brought back great memories :) ).

Eventually, I found the adapter, set everything ready to connect at the desk, happy to have another new earbud to play with unexpectedly, only to realize that I need a thing that connects things the other way around.

And this happens on a night when I hoped to have time for another Patrick Melrose episode before sleep...

Attachments

• DSC_0266.jpg
    DSC_0266.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0269.jpg
    DSC_0269.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 5, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #34,379 of 75,308
Eventually, I found the adapter, set everything ready to connect at the desk, happy to have another new earbud to play with unexpectedly, only to realize that I need a thing that connects things the other way around

This is why we recabled them. The other option is an extender with a female jack on one end. Would be difficult to find one lightweight enough that it won't pull on the bud. And then there is the J part of the cable...

Don't throw it away. People are selling those on ebay for people like me.

I like how you knew you spent precisely 26 minutes searchinig... lol. Did you set a stopwatch?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back