Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 1, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #34,186 of 75,317
Some new Blox TM9 impressions after approx 70 hours of proper burning :

Really enjoying the sound which has opened up and begins to be really interesting. Details are now there, bass is more controlled. Soundstage also gained some depth.

I think TM9 will be my best on the go pair as I really like the sound. Bass for me is important, and it's like TM9 has been designed to be worn without any foam at all. Without foam, sound is linear without any prominent frequency, nicely balanced. I now understand why Woo joined the same extreme thin (red) foams from VE (as the only pair of foams included in the box).

Really love TM9 sound, so well tuned. They can be used for many hours without any headache, as the sound is not as energetic as EBX (which are truly analytic to me). TM9 is a mix of analog and analytic, impressive.

On TM9 it’s like the person is singing just in front of you, while on EBX it’s less intimate and dispersed. EBX has still the biggest soundstage of both. If you’re looking for something realist, more transparent and natural, then TM9 will be your best friend.

I don’t feel any bump in upper mids, unlike EBX. TM9 is more linear in the whole frequency, while keeping good amount of details and, not fatiguing highs and mids, but impactful and nicely controlled bass and subbass. A true magical earbud that (of course) rivals easily with other TOTL earbuds.

But EBX didn’t tell it’s last word, I really like them both, and will keep them both, as they are complementary each others. They are just completely different.

See you soon for other more impressions! :)

Cool! Sounds like TM9 is right up my alley (and that I might skip EBX just like I'll skip SWD2+ because of the sharp highs). Unfortunately I am very sensitive to sharp treble. The treble on Moondrop Liebesleid is about as much as I can take when it comes to analytical. Unfortunately Liebesleid is a bit too focused on highs and lacking in bass for my tastes.

My pair of TM9 has arrived in Sweden. Only 3 days from Thailand! Now I'll probably have to wait 2+ weeks while Swedish customs and Postnord act like the incompetents they are...

Eagerly waiting for you to get your TM9s!

Just read every post in this thread about them, and you have a lot of the buds I'm considering for my first (and hopefully last) TOTL earbud. :)

My culling process so far:
-Shozy BK eliminated due to lack of soundstage (by contrast)
-Moondroop Liebesleid eliminated due to treble, weight, analytical sound, artificial highs
-Symphonia Dragon 2+ eliminated due to complicated connector, and mid oriented sound signature, lack of bass
-Cypherus Zoomfred eliminated due to heavy? complicated cable

Too bad about the Zoomfred's cable, because both Herry and Danneq recommend it for my bass and sub bass desires. The cable really turns me off though, I really like simple. It looks like it can get annoying.

Trying not to convince myself to buy the Red Dragon. It sounds so cool though... "Red Dragon". Hmmm. More than double the cost of the TM9, but then again, saying it aloud, "Red Dragon"...

I've been into earbuds for close to 10 years and have had time (and money) to try most TOTL earbuds.

Shozy BK is a great allrounder but if you like a big soundstage is might not be your first choice.

The cable on ZoomFred actually isn't that heavy. It is slightly stiff but only up until the Y-splitter. I can use them portably without any problems. The cable on Red Dragon is something like 3 times as thick as on ZoomFred and from the Y-spillter the same stiff Cardas cable as is used on Zen Black (and CAX Black) is used. Red Dragon is only for use at home and when you do not move about a lot. But RD truly is amazing. At almost 1/3 the price of Red Dragon, I still think that ZoomFred is really great (with really well textured bass with deep sub bass).

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #34,187 of 75,317
Just found your post while researching the TM9.

Are you saying the Blur hALF/hALF 32ohm is a good movie headphone? I literally use Star Wars battle scenes as a reference to test my headphones as I use them for movies/tv a lot. More than music. I'm currently looking for a earbud to take the place of my X00 Ebony.

@blackberriesandthinkpads
Bass, sub bass, movie... Have you tried Willsound MK2? You could really be surprised for these characteritics if you don't already own them...I really enjoy them alongside with other TOTL earbuds

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #34,188 of 75,317
HTB1eUmqdi6guuRkSnb4q6zu4XXa6.jpg

This is interesting... seems like many have jumped on the bandwagon...
Anyone here ordered one yet?

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #34,190 of 75,317
There’s one silver and one copper to each side but not sure which is ground and which for the signal.

I think the silver wire is normally used for the ground

The cable on ZoomFred actually isn't that heavy. It is slightly stiff but only up until the Y-splitter. I can use them portably without any problems. The cable on Red Dragon is something like 3 times as thick as on ZoomFred and from the Y-spillter the same stiff Cardas cable as is used on Zen Black (and CAX Black) is used. Red Dragon is only for use at home and when you do not move about a lot. But RD truly is amazing. At almost 1/3 the price of Red Dragon, I still think that ZoomFred is really great (with really well textured bass with deep sub bass).

He also has a Zoomfred pro, with below cable and other driver. Said to have better control from subbass to low mids
unnamed (1).jpg

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #34,191 of 75,317
HTB1eUmqdi6guuRkSnb4q6zu4XXa6.jpg

Maaybe :)

Maaybe :)

Metal shell earbud for $20 seems like a good investment and if it sounds anything like ebx it'll be nice to hear.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #34,192 of 75,317
The treble on Moondrop Liebesleid is about as much as I can take when it comes to analytical. Unfortunately Liebesleid is a bit too focused on highs and lacking in bass for my tastes.

only the Liebesleid can tickle my treble crave. it also can take bass boost with ease to cover everything. i won't let it go unless something can beat the liebesleid in it's own game. my next target is finding an IEM with the same analytical characteristics..I'm eyeing on the Sony Ex1000 :ksc75smile:

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #34,193 of 75,317

younger brother of EBX. . just how much younger that is the question

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #34,195 of 75,317
Someone run my life for me and tell me what Yuin shell bud I should get that is

a. an upgrade over the panda pk2s
b. slightly more expensive (maybe double its price or so) but nothing like $60 to $100

How about Kryptonite 32 Ohm or 150 Ohm by Crystalcore Audio? I ever tried 32 Ohm version but that time I tried it with a cheapo FM player (and after that my friend informed me that the sponges I tried deteriorated) so my impression is not solid, It has quite mid-centric orient with realistic and natural tone (tend to warm). Though my friend who had a chance to tried both decided to purchase on 150 Ohm version instead of SWD2+. Its cable is look alike SWD2+'s cable but it is more glossy.
Kryptonite 32 Ohm Blue Billion.png

By the way, Last week, I had a chance to trail-listening on two Blur earbuds which thier tuning is conducted by JABEN request. I tried them with lootoo PAW 5000 MKII.
Blur Jaben.png

1) Blur Half/Half 3.5mm plug : Not bad, but nothing impresses me too. it is heavily mid-centric and relatively quite narrow soundstage from my familarity.
2) Blur Silver Flagship 2.5mm plug : Nice and high headroom. Higher detail and vocal texture than Blur Half/Half. I am pretty surprised on this one cause Among I've ever tried Blur earbuds (I ever tried Blur SPC too), this one don't give me such a negative feeling. Though Its price tag is very steep.
Blur Silver Jaben.png

P.S. Chote earbuds sponges V2 are just launched 2-3 days ago with the description that each color has different sound-sig.

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #34,196 of 75,317
I think the silver wire is normally used for the ground

He also has a Zoomfred pro, with below cable and other driver. Said to have better control from subbass to low mids

Didn't know about that one! But Herry keeps coming up with new stuff all the time. Regular ZoomFred is pretty damn good to start with.

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #34,197 of 75,317
younger brother of EBX. . just how much younger that is the question

There has been "talks" over the last few weeks among the Chinese about the imminent release of a new earbud model from NiceHCK, called EB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back