Earbuds Round-Up
May 12, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #30,962 of 75,254
Sound is very good. Clear and clean vocals, tight bass and airy non sibilant highs. They're an upgrade over the diy pk2 jimnicehck buds i got a year back. Using these with thick foams which bring out depth and impact. The soindstage isn't very wide but doesn't feel congested, it's intimate in a good way. Organic sounding.

Build is top notch. The cables are very supple, six braids - mix of spc and copper probably the plug is hot! Never seen a plug like this before.

Usually I never care about the packaging, but this hollow bamboo container with the embossed motif on it is pretty cool.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #30,963 of 75,254
Sound is very good. Clear and clean vocals, tight bass and airy non sibilant highs. They're an upgrade over the diy pk2 jimnicehck buds i got a year back. Using these with thick foams which bring out depth and impact. The soindstage isn't very wide but doesn't feel congested, it's intimate in a good way. Organic sounding.

Build is top notch. The cables are very supple, six braids - mix of spc and copper probably the plug is hot! Never seen a plug like this before.

Usually I never care about the packaging, but this hollow bamboo container with the embossed motif on it is pretty cool.

do you also have the other willsound?

May 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #30,965 of 75,254
Does Mx760 has bigger she'll than pt15?
Yeah I finally got to test my PT15 and I like it. Best earbud for under $10-15 and much better tuning than diy graphene IMO.

I think mine is actually the newer PT15 with 4 vent from Nicehck, the bass isn't missing but does sound better with some EQ.

It does a slighty holographic imaging which is usually not seen in budget earbuds which was a pleasent surprise. Sounds come from all angles, although it's not as coherent as more expensive buds with similar imaging like my K's B Ling. It is however miles ahead of most earbuds in the budget range.

Only complaint is the vocals are slighty thin in the low mids, but not too much tbh.

Bass benefits from a modest EQ bump of 2db and sounds much fuller then.

The shell is comfortable, thin enough to sit snuggly in the ear and the diameter is about PK shell size. Slighty smaller than MX500 or MX760.

I can see why they are liked by chinmie! They are probably slightly better than my diy pk2 for all rounder use, I still consider tweaked pk2 better in vocals and overall resolution slightly but pt15 trashes stock diy pk2 sound.

Fir the price it's ridiculously good.

Edit: comparing my pt15 and my current pk2 setup I think it's pretty close... PT15 wins in bass being slighty deeper, pk2 wins in midrange, treble goes to pk2 also, soundstage/imaging to pt15.

Again in stock form its no contest, pk2 sounds boxy in low mids and overly dry and nasal in upper mids. But both in what I find to be their best forms it's neck to neck.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #30,966 of 75,254
20180512_143845_HDR.jpg
And finally, my K's Black Ling. Impressions to follow soon but needless to say it was a worthwhile stuggle to find the best SQ because they are amazing!

May 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #30,970 of 75,254
@snip3r77 all of the Indonesian earbuds on rholupat are sold higher than domestically, that would be rholupat's decision, not the seller's. you could try contacting the individual builder directly, maybe they can facilitate sending internationally, but from what i know they live on small town in Indonesia and they usually don't know how (or don't want to be bothered) with international shipping. that's where Rholupat comes in.. and rholupat doesn't really sell things domestically. i once contacted adhi (rholupat's owner) to buy the Red Demun because Adhi lives in the same city as me.. and when we met, he said i was the first Indonesian who purchased from him.

if you buy in indonesia, some builder like Willsound even would give you money back guarantee, no questions asked for 7 days or more (even if you just don't like the sound)

besides, domestic pricing are a common practice in south east asia (well other places too) for goods and tourist destinations.
I bought Wilsound from the maker directly, but with the shipping it ended up being more expensive than buying from Rholupat.

May 12, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #30,975 of 75,254
Forget about wilsound , they practise price disparity

Why do you go into multiple threads to say negative things without really explaining why. Do you like anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back