Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #30,481 of 75,673
been lurking around and decided on making a jump at either liebesleid/svara l/nicehck ebx/shozy bk. would appreciate if anyone can make direct comparisons (soundstage is of importance) and with ergonomics as a factor too (i know this is subjective but i have medium-large ears) thanks in advance :)
kinda rules out the bk, if you are looking for a vast spacious soundstage.

Also the bk shell is smaller so maybe a regular mx500 size shell will suit you best.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #30,482 of 75,673
As the saying goes, one mans meat is another mans poison!

I guarantee for every bud you dislike there’s atleast a few if us who like em. If I sold my graphenes because I don’t like them there’s plenty who would enjoy them a lot.
Never heard that one, must be an Irish saying. :wink:

The other factor (besides hoarding tendencies!) is the time involved in selling something. The time it would take to negotiate a sale, package the buds, go to the post office and possibly fill out customs forms isn’t worth the money I’d recoup from a lot of the budget buds. If there was someone local I could give the orphans to I’d be much more inclined to do that as it would be less hassle.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #30,483 of 75,673
As the saying goes, one mans meat is another mans poison!

I guarantee for every bud you dislike there’s atleast a few if us who like em. If I sold my graphenes because I don’t like them there’s plenty who would enjoy them a lot.

And one mans cheese is another mans flatulence

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #30,484 of 75,673
Is it the worst part? Or...the best part!

A bit of both. I guess it's her payback as i teased her also about shoes, bags, and clothes :dt880smile:

It would be irresponsible of me just sit back and watch you keep lying to yourself like this...

Okay... Two (boxes) of each then

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #30,485 of 75,673
been lurking around and decided on making a jump at either liebesleid/svara l/nicehck ebx/shozy bk. would appreciate if anyone can make direct comparisons (soundstage is of importance) and with ergonomics as a factor too (i know this is subjective but i have medium-large ears) thanks in advance :)

I haven't heard the ebx, but if soundstage is the main factor, then the Svara and liebesleid takes the cake. BK has more intimate soundstage. If talking
about instrument placement and separation, then it'd be liebesleid, BK, then svara

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #30,486 of 75,673
I haven't heard the ebx, but if soundstage is the main factor, then the Svara and liebesleid takes the cake. BK has more intimate soundstage. If talking
about instrument placement and separation, then it'd be liebesleid, BK, then svara

The ebx is pretty spacious.
Excellent bud. Clean. Great imaging.
Fit is a bit of a challenge but works well with memory wire cables.
I’ll have a shozy bk tomorrow.
Maybe I can do a quick comparison in a couple of days.

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #30,487 of 75,673
Hi all

I somehow made it through the whole thread over the last few weeks .. I may have missed a few pages here or there but am pretty sure I read some at least a few times (why I have emx500s and faael 64ohm... Ok and seahf awk f64 as well... Cancelled RX 1st the last moment)...

This place can be horrible :wink: (how do I explain all the 'mystery' packages that keep showing up?!)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on both the Ourart ti7 and the SvaraL? From what I can remember the both have excellent sound stage and bass extension? I am interested in sounds that presents in front of me, not the 'I'm on stage feel'...

If anyone could recommend either of these, or have other suggestions?

I'm trying to keep it around $50-60+/-usd ($70-80+/-CAD)....

Thanks in advance!!

*edited for clarification

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #30,488 of 75,673
For those looking for a bass head bud, I submit for your consideration the FAAEAL Narcissus. Properly driven, these have a nice thumpy bass. Sound is a bit on the dark side as the treble is not emphasized, but on Courtney Barnett’s “City Looks Pretty” the high hat is crisp and detailed. For $30, these are a pleasant surprise.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #30,490 of 75,673
Hi all

I somehow made it through the whole thread over the last few weeks .. I may have missed a few pages here or there but am pretty sure I read some at least a few times (why I have emx500s and faael 64ohm... Ok and seahf awk f64 as well... Cancelled RX 1st the last moment)...

This place can be horrible :wink: (how do I explain all the 'mystery' packages that keep showing up?!)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on both the Ourart ti7 and the SvaraL? From what I can remember the both have excellent sound stage and bass extension? I am interested in sounds that presents in front of me, not the 'I'm on stage feel'...

If anyone could recommend either of these, or have other suggestions?

I'm trying to keep it around $50-60+/-usd ($70-80+/-CAD)....

Thanks in advance!!

*edited for clarification

I've got these three earbuds, and as far as Bass goes - I'd put them in this order:
1.) Svara-L - (original 115Ω model), $54.00. They have a bit of a recessed Midrange & Treble. NOTE: I haven't heard the current 32Ω model.
2.) MusicMaker ToneKing TO200 - (200Ω), $50.00. They have more Midrange & Treble than the Svara-L.
3.) OurArt Ti7 - (32Ω), $59.00. They also have more Midrange & Treble.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #30,491 of 75,673
Never heard that one, must be an Irish saying. :wink:

The other factor (besides hoarding tendencies!) is the time involved in selling something. The time it would take to negotiate a sale, package the buds, go to the post office and possibly fill out customs forms isn’t worth the money I’d recoup from a lot of the budget buds. If there was someone local I could give the orphans to I’d be much more inclined to do that as it would be less hassle.
That’s why I usually only sell more expensive buds and give the cheap ones I dislike or don’t use to family and friends. Feels nice to give some out (just doing my part in spreading the earbuds bug^^) as you are right it’s not worth selling em.

Unless you sell a big bundle or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back