Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 23, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #30,513 of 75,470
Willsound Mk2 batch 2 is STILL killing...
It's like chinmie said, the Mk2 is like some kind of...amphetemine. (I think that's what was said)
It sounds like what this album cover looks like. (happens to be what I'm listening to)

RobotakiScience_A.jpeg

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #30,514 of 75,470
I'm still utterly loving the Poseidon. I just hope this love isn't based off the huge price tag. I've tried it with 4 different sources so far, and have zero complaints with any of those pairings. I'm currently listening to Rachmaninoff via the Kogan at 22/30 volume, which I'm surprised it's battery is still alive at this point. Such a grand budget dap that is missed by many.

I might prefer a little more treble in the Poseidon, but it's by no way deficient in this respect for my tastes, and everything else is just lovely. If I remember the Kogan is a treble-centric dap as it is, so it feels like a good pairing to my ears. Any possible concerns with discomfort due to the shell weight and shape is gone as I can wear this all day without any issue. I've been busy so haven't been able to spend as much time since I got it as I'd like, but I'm really having a hard time noticing any actual flaws with the earbud. I still hear an L shape signature, and doubt that will change as time goes on, although an L shaped earbud might be pretty balanced for an IEM/headphone.

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #30,515 of 75,470
I own Diomnes LV2 and Zen Black Cardas. Owned Shozy BK for couple weeks and listened it almost every day. BS1 Official is coming. So:
1) where does Rose Masya and Mojito stands? Are they better than BK, but lower than LV2?
2) In terms of the sound, to which both (I'm interested more in Mojito) of this are the most close to from named earbuds and unnamed?

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #30,516 of 75,470
I own Diomnes LV2 and Zen Black Cardas. Owned Shozy BK for couple weeks and listened it almost every day. BS1 Official is coming. So:
1) where does Rose Masya and Mojito stands? Are they better than BK, but lower than LV2?
2) In terms of the sound, to which both (I'm interested more in Mojito) of this are the most close to from named earbuds and unnamed?

SQ-wise, it is mojito > Lv2 > BK > masya, but in terms of sound signature, they're quite different from one another, especially mojito..that one is you either love it or hate it. It is really bright, dry, and recessed mids, good bass extension and really wide soundstage. With the other three, they are more accessible and easier to love.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #30,517 of 75,470
I agree with Chinmie. All those buds (I haven't heard BS1 or Masya) are more on the warm side, unlike the Rose Mojito. The Mojito would make a great complement, assuming you can adjust to their bright signature.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #30,518 of 75,470
Willsound Mk2 batch 2 is STILL killing...
It's like chinmie said, the Mk2 is like some kind of...amphetemine. (I think that's what was said)
It sounds like what this album cover looks like. (happens to be what I'm listening to)

download.jpeg

A bunch of folks liked your post. What's wrong with them? I don't like it. It's just mean and is ruining whatever last vestige of resistance I had. Meanie! :wink:

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #30,519 of 75,470
I’d consider the BS1 neutral in tonality but slightly coloured midrange.

Masya is warmer to my ears in the mids but a lighter sound.

I much prefer the masya’s vocals although it’s not perfect it’s pretty good especially at conveying emotion in the voice.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #30,520 of 75,470
I got my Toneking TO400S today. I’ll burn it in before giving full impressions.

Quick impressions:

It’s dark but not overly warm or too bassy. Lacks some brightness in the upper mids lower treble but some foams let more through and it becomes almost enough without EQ... But not quite enough for my tastes. With some EQ it balances out nicely and have some sparkle even.

Solid deep bass. Well controlled and speedy decay.

Mids can sound fuller if the seal is good but hollow if it’s a poor seal. Vocals are forward presented and slightly preferencing male vocals.

Soundstage is spacious but naturally portrayed so nothing sounds too near or too distant. Imaging seems good too. Nice width and modest depth.

I feel it’s a little analitical at times, doesn’t really sound too musical with every genre. Still need to burn it in and try it out more too see what changes in my impressions.

So far I’d say you’d definitely want to pair it with a brighter-very bright source. I’d even be tempted to test a silver cable if you believe that will brighten the sound. It needs some help in this regard. I’m using it with thick VE donut foams with multi holes punched in the thick donut to let all the sound through. This has helped add depth and space (further from the ear) and doesn’t restrict the treble or darken the sound much at all which is a big plus.

I’ll post pics tomorrow!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #30,521 of 75,470
I got my Toneking TO400S today. I’ll burn it in before giving full impressions.

Quick impressions:

It’s dark but not overly warm or too bassy. Lacks some brightness in the upper mids lower treble but some foams let more through and it becomes almost enough without EQ... But not quite enough for my tastes. With some EQ it balances out nicely and have some sparkle even.

Solid deep bass. Well controlled and speedy decay.

Mids can sound fuller if the seal is good but hollow if it’s a poor seal. Vocals are forward presented and slightly preferencing male vocals.

Soundstage is spacious but naturally portrayed so nothing sounds too near or too distant. Imaging seems good too. Nice width and modest depth.

I feel it’s a little analitical at times, doesn’t really sound too musical with every genre. Still need to burn it in and try it out more too see what changes in my impressions.

So far I’d say you’d definitely want to pair it with a brighter-very bright source. I’d even be tempted to test a silver cable if you believe that will brighten the sound. It needs some help in this regard. I’m using it with thick VE donut foams with multi holes punched in the thick donut to let all the sound through. This has helped add depth and space (further from the ear) and doesn’t restrict the treble or darken the sound much at all which is a big plus.

I’ll post pics tomorrow!

try them with those black thin foams or thin donuts and see how it goes

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #30,523 of 75,470
So i've been listening to the nicehck ebx and wondering, are they really not considered top tier?
I've never heard mojito, liebesleid, poseidon or dragon.
I do have mx-980's and shozy bk.
The EBX seems more capable than Shozy bk with a much larger soundstage.
I'd place them between the 980 and bk in terms of refinement.
What am I missing?

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #30,525 of 75,470
So i've been listening to the nicehck ebx and wondering, are they really not considered top tier?
I've never heard mojito, liebesleid, poseidon or dragon.
I do have mx-980's and shozy bk.
The EBX seems more capable than Shozy bk with a much larger soundstage.
I'd place them between the 980 and bk in terms of refinement.
What am I missing?

How's the trebel on those compared to the willsound? Is it very extended or cold? How's the soundstage etc.
Really like the look of the ebx but stayed away cus i can't take extended or sibilant trebel, maybe I've inferred the few impressions i read wrongly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back