Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #30,466 of 75,537
Those of you with fairly sizeable collections, how many buds do you own that you know you’d never sell/trade? At least with how you feel about them for now.

I’m trying to think of what I feel I’d need to keep. I think maybe 9 out of my collection would have to stay.

bare minimum, i think I'll keep 3 earbuds and 3 iems (like my signature). if pushing it further, 2 of each might still do-able

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #30,467 of 75,537
Those of you with fairly sizeable collections, how many buds do you own that you know you’d never sell/trade? At least with how you feel about them for now.

I’m trying to think of what I feel I’d need to keep. I think maybe 9 out of my collection would have to stay.

Guess I am probably not the best person to ask this question as I have yet to sell any and have no plan to ever do so. Think I might have just a little over 200 pairs by now.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #30,471 of 75,537
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #30,473 of 75,537
Well, my wife bought me a small utility box for me to store my earphones because she thought me storing them in multiple small cases was messy and i often have to open most of them to find a specific ones (i did label them, but sometimes mixed them up on different cases accidentally).. Well i thought how sweet that is...

but then when I'm putting them on the new box (mind you i already trimmed down my collection to as minimum as possible), she gave me this look:smirk: and said: wow.. Never thought you have that many..

Talk about emotional entrapment :joy:
And the worst part is i think i need another box! :joy:

Is it the worst part? Or...the best part!

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #30,475 of 75,537
Guess I am probably not the best person to ask this question as I have yet to sell any and have no plan to ever do so. Think I might have just a little over 200 pairs by now.

Nonsense!
You are THE best person to ask.
The truth hurts for some but it’s the truth!
Sometimes quick sometimes slow, eventually it catches up!

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #30,476 of 75,537
I'd only sell those that I really hate. On the other hand, I'd feel bad about taking someone's money for something I really hate, so probably none. :disappointed_relieved: I'm a bit of a hoarder....... I mean, collector. I have more books in my basement than one person could possibly read in a lifetime.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #30,477 of 75,537
I'd only sell those that I really hate. On the other hand, I'd feel bad about taking someone's money for something I really hate, so probably none. :disappointed_relieved: I'm a bit of a hoarder....... I mean, collector. I have more books in my basement than one person could possibly read in a lifetime.

Sometimes I feel a need to purge. I think at my worst with movies I had around 3000 or so, but shrunk that down quite a bit in a mood or sorts. As for earbuds, there are quite a few I haven't touched in quite some time, even though I enjoy them. I've probably only used my Mojito a couple times in the past year or so, and the Zen 2 even less. It makes me wonder if maybe they'd be better suited sold to someone more interested while I reinvest in something else.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #30,478 of 75,537
lol I'm the complete opposite of everyone here. I can't stand having too many options of anything. I just narrow it to something smooth and musical, then something precise and analytical.

Some people end up liking those things. I hated the Noble Audio Dulce Bass IEM, almost to the point I thought I was scammed with a fake one, but the person I sold it to loved them. I guess tastes really do differ.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #30,479 of 75,537
As the saying goes, one mans meat is another mans poison!

I guarantee for every bud you dislike there’s atleast a few if us who like em. If I sold my graphenes because I don’t like them there’s plenty who would enjoy them a lot.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #30,480 of 75,537
been lurking around and decided on making a jump at either liebesleid/svara l/nicehck ebx/shozy bk. would appreciate if anyone can make direct comparisons (soundstage is of importance) and with ergonomics as a factor too (i know this is subjective but i have medium-large ears) thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back