Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 27, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #29,431 of 75,591
Hey these will be in the upcoming sale and I was curious about them. Could you give us some details on the sound signature and maybe comparisons to your EBX and Masya?

Thanks mate, love the look of them btw, really clean finish.

+1 on EBX comparison to TO400S

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #29,432 of 75,591
Sean & Chaiyuta did I just read you dislike the graphenes?

tumblr_mgzk8amvbu1rne776o1_500.gif

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #29,433 of 75,591
I have to say the Toneking TO400s is a bit more to my liking than the EBX, has a much fuller and more energetic sound. They are very balanced throughout but do kick hard. Reminds of a full size planer magnetic headphone in a way. The EBX is still a great earbud though

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #29,435 of 75,591
Will be posting my ZoomFred up for sale. I can't seem to get around the seal issue with my left ear.

Tried some other buds, and I can't get them to stay in place if the housing is smaller than the Diomnes... Hooks don't seem to help. It's mainly noticeable if the sound signature is bass heavy. Shows how important seal is in bass. Odd though how my right ear doesn't seem stretched out... I'll just stick with IEMs now I guess (the iBasso IT01 fit well, not too big on the vocals though).

So is it that the ZoomFred does not stay in your left ear well because they are too small?

I have small ears, and am interested in the ZoomFred but worried about fit. The Shozy BK size I can get a good seal with.

One of the other was Thinking of getting is the black Ling as they seem from the comments on here to be a smaller size.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #29,436 of 75,591
Personally I hate the graphene, though its the new version I have (18$ I think I gave on sale, which later seemed not really to be a sale). Its unclear, muddy and just sucks. Today I tried it once more and agreed with myself to just throw it out. I've used it probably more than 100 hours, so it's burned in.

Anyone tried Seahf AWK-F400S Pro? I find the AWK-F64 excellent (as several have said), going to buy the F150C on the sale tomorrow and wondering if the F400S is even better. Have searched in the thread, could'nt find much info about it

Edit: the graphene I have is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...e-Earth-Graphene-Custom-Unit/32839988234.html. I would recommend not buying it, even though its cheap on the coming sale. Not worth 5$ IMO

I am the one who dislike nicehck graphene so much.(though I less talk about it) After I listened it around less than 3 hours, I decided to resale it and lucky that I could resale it successful, so you might need to rely on other people who share similar sound preference. Speaking of graphene, It recalls me about one Head-Fier here who was ever friendly shared his knowledge and opinions said that how much he dislike nicehck graphene earbuds and in that time, some guys here not only disagreed but also confronted & made sarcastic comments on him until he upset and leave this thread. What's a tragedy story. :sob:

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #29,437 of 75,591
Personally I hate the graphene, though its the new version I have (18$ I think I gave on sale, which later seemed not really to be a sale). Its unclear, muddy and just sucks. Today I tried it once more and agreed with myself to just throw it out. I've used it probably more than 100 hours, so it's burned in.

Anyone tried Seahf AWK-F400S Pro? I find the AWK-F64 excellent (as several have said), going to buy the F150C on the sale tomorrow and wondering if the F400S is even better. Have searched in the thread, could'nt find much info about it

Edit: the graphene I have is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...e-Earth-Graphene-Custom-Unit/32839988234.html. I would recommend not buying it, even though its cheap on the coming sale. Not worth 5$ IMO

Damn I almost ordered the graphenes since they had a nice upcoming discount. Seems there are plenty of other choices that would be better than them.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #29,438 of 75,591
I am merely saying my opinion, I don't claim it is the truth. I had a similar bad impression of some pk2 (don't remember which one), which others found changed greatly for the better with burn-in. But my "budget" graphene is definetly burned in, and to my ears have no great qualities at all, its below average in everything, well maybe except fit. Based on sound I would have guessed the Seahf 64 was 2 or 3 times the price of the graphene, not the other way around.

I remember a review, where the old graphene was described as very similar to the emx500. I've had 3 emx500, and they've been the opposite of my new graphene - clear, crisp and punchy, but they had a quality problem and broke down (still keeping 1 somewhat alive). But the new and old graphene can be nothing alike.

Damn I almost ordered the graphenes since they had a nice upcoming discount. Seems there are plenty of other choices that would be better than them.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #29,440 of 75,591
So is it that the ZoomFred does not stay in your left ear well because they are too small?

I have small ears, and am interested in the ZoomFred but worried about fit. The Shozy BK size I can get a good seal with.

One of the other was Thinking of getting is the black Ling as they seem from the comments on here to be a smaller size.

They're bigger than the Shozy. I think the same as your Zen buds actually. Seal shouldn't be a problem if those are fine.

I looked at my Diomnes buds, and noticed the left bud twists outward due to the slightly stiff cable (the right bud is fine). So it's possible that after constant use, it pushed out that front flap on my ear making it looser. This is just a guess. I know for sure I can't wear Shozy sized housings anymore though. They just don't stay in lol.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #29,441 of 75,591
If anyone is interested I wrote a review for the hifiboy dream https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifi-boy-dream.22866/reviews

They're bigger than the Shozy. I think the same as your Zen buds actually. Seal shouldn't be a problem if those are fine.

I looked at my Diomnes buds, and noticed the left bud twists outward due to the slightly stiff cable (the right bud is fine). So it's possible that after constant use, it pushed out that front flap on my ear making it looser. This is just a guess. I know for sure I can't wear Shozy sized housings anymore though. They just don't stay in lol.
I have the same issues with Eking, a DIY earbud from vietnam. The cable is too stiff and one earbud would always come out because of this. I'm careful about the build of earbuds now and if the cable isn't soft I pass...

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #29,442 of 75,591
I’m very interested in grabbing the TO400, I haven’t heard a toneking earbud since my tomahawk and the new one is at a pretty resonable and intriguing price during the sale.

I said to myself I won’t start collecting a bunch of midfi buds until I grab something TOTL that I’ll really love but honestly sometimes it’s less about the price and more about the synergy with your gear and your preferences that matter. The 400 (I assume 400 ohm) will be great to test out on my LG V20 and if I get the Hiby R6 I’ll give it a go on that too!

The black ling is interesting me also and by all accounts that one is definitely a TOTL earbud!

Does anyone have a link for the best priced black ling for the sale? If there is more than one seller that is! I have one from ‘AK Audio’ in my basket is that the one to go for? Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #29,443 of 75,591
I think the only problem with the Graphene is it was being overhyped. There is nothing particularly wrong with it. It has a unique tuning that you either enjoy or not. It's great for what it is: a $20 earbuds

My personal reason for letting the graphene go was the fitting, flimsy cable, and the finicky sound

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #29,444 of 75,591
I think the only problem with the Graphene is it was being overhyped. There is nothing particularly wrong with it. It has a unique tuning that you either enjoy or not. It's great for what it is: a $20 earbuds

My personal reason for letting the graphene go was the fitting, flimsy cable, and the finicky sound

So you had the cheaper ones then? I like them and think they are pretty good. But I really like the $29 version (which sound quite a bit different).

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #29,445 of 75,591
So you had the cheaper ones then? I like them and think they are pretty good. But I really like the $29 version (which sound quite a bit different).

I had the nicehck clear version. Was that the cheap one or not? NicehckMX760Graphene_1.jpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back