Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #28,862 of 75,343
that cable color scheme looks like Mogami microphone cable. how's your take on the Zoomfred's sound?

After 50hrs burn in Zoomfred is finally opening up. Sweet analog treble, clear and addictive mids, tight, fast bass. I enjoy it !

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #28,863 of 75,343
Hi fellow head-fiers, I will be travelling to Malaysia next week. Anyone here who has some earbuds to share and is kind to meet with me around Johor area. I'm most interested with the BS1, Shozy BK, the Campfreds, Masya, Liebelisleid (wishful) and the like. I will be bringing my phones and DAPs with me if anyone is interested. A PM is much appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #28,865 of 75,343
I have 3 different cables for the **** PT15. I don't find any difference in sound quality.
What is the composition of each cable? (copper/silver/gold...steel!?) and any other info like name, brand, price etc.

Not to doubt your opinion but it would help to know the info so as to be assured of the cables in question.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #28,866 of 75,343
New-TO400s-DIY-Earbud-400ohm-In-Ear-Earphone-MMCX-Dynamic-Flat-Head-Plug-400ohms-Bass-HIFI.jpg_640x640.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ug-400ohms-Bass-HIFI/1922340_32857319274.html
Features: graphene diaphragm, 400Ω, 112dB, detachable cable, metal sound cavity

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #28,871 of 75,343
Where do people get the Poseidon earbud from? Can’t find them anywhere

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #28,872 of 75,343
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #28,874 of 75,343
Attn Headroom MS16 owners:

I know these aren't the best sounding buds out there, but they aren't the worst either.

But I did find a quick and easy way to make them much better than they were stock though.

The little round "grille" on the back of the earbud is just a peel and stick type of grille, like you find on IEM nozzles (such as the KZ ZS6). If you gently peel this up using a sewing needle or pair of tweezers, the full vent hole is exposed, and the sound improves considerably.

The grille is extremely restrictive, reducing the true of the 'area' of the vent hole down to a fraction of the actual hole. I even had (2) totally different grilles on mine (with different size and pattern of holes), causing a minor difference in sound between the R and L side!

Once the grilles are removed, you can easily hear the effect by gently covering the vent holes with your fingers while wearing them. It will become imediately apparent that the drivers need a lot of venting to breathe properly, and the more they are restricted, the worse the sound quality.

Of course wearing the MS16 sideways improves the sound even more.

The mod is totally reversible - the grille piece just peels and sticks like a sticker. I saved mine on a small piece of wax paper in case I ever want to replace them down the road.

Heck, since there was such a huge improvement in sound by exposing the hole, I plan on drilling the hole larger to see if any additional gains can be made.

Finally, for those that want to wear them normally (ie flat) instead of sideways, I have found that these work very well (after trying a few different designs). Note that you can't use any foam covers when using the silicone wings: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...Earplugs-For-In-ear-earphone/32810617185.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back