Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 4, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #28,021 of 75,148
man, another new one......

where can i buy this

The first batch hit the market last Nov., but quantity were limited as they were for those who pre-oredered. The current batch, which is pretty much the mass production batch, has just been released last week and we should see it coming to the market in the weeks to come. Right now I only know one store on Taobao that carries it (for about US$320 if you are wondering). But if it is as good as it claimed, I suspect someone on Aliexpress will probably pick it up soon.

Please tell me now's champion level earbuds.
Are there Liebesleid, Poseidon, Penon BS1, SW-Dragon 2 Plus in now's champion level earbuds?
And are there others more?:k701smile:

Not sure I'll rank BS-1as champion level yet, but it will be close. It is still in burn-in and I'll need more listening before making up my mind.

Very Xcited 2 hear about this:)

Haha, I see what you did there.

Feb 4, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #28,022 of 75,148
Feb 4, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #28,024 of 75,148
Feb 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #28,025 of 75,148
Should be fun :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Agreed
meanwhile enjoying my Nameless .. very underrated earbuds in my opinion ..
P80205-064726-001.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #28,028 of 75,148
The first batch hit the market last Nov., but quantity were limited as they were for those who pre-oredered. The current batch, which is pretty much the mass production batch, has just been released last week and we should see it coming to the market in the weeks to come. Right now I only know one store on Taobao that carries it (for about US$320 if you are wondering). But if it is as good as it claimed, I suspect someone on Aliexpress will probably pick it up soon.

well, in that case I'll wait for your impression first. I've got the poseidon, liebesleid, and bs1 in mail. i think I'm good for a while. but who know tomorrow, I'm prety bad at keeping my ordering impulse in check. haha

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #28,029 of 75,148
The Toneking Ting is my most expensive bud.

How do you like it?

It is interesting that as the budget earbud offerings have really exploded (many great options are available for <$20), the prices for commercially produced TOTL buds keep going up. And up...... and up........

I have to disagree with you here. Less than $100 for a TOTL-sounding earbud is fantastic. Of course, there's TOTL and then there's TOTL. But even so, how many earbuds cost more than $300? A couple?

The cheapest pair of headphones I've bought in the last several months was $200, and the most expensive pair of earbuds I've even considered buying is $250.

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #28,030 of 75,148
The KSC75 enclosed in a full size closed back/semi closed back cup is the Stratokosster! It’s a popular diy mod to drastically improve the SQ apparently. Kind of like the sennheiser px100 > Senngrado build.

I usually say emx500 users will enjoy the masya due to extension and a similar signature just with better mids on the masya, but listen to chinmie as the samsara is probably a better bet being slightly u shaped and probably a thicker sound than masya so more akin to the emx500.

Also masya is a different kind of brightness, it does have a bright tonality and slightly lifted trrble but it’s not harsh at all! It’s very smooth and easily tolerable with foams. It’s got excellent treble to my ears and I do not enjoy harsh treble at all.

Thank you sean! Knowing that the treble on the masya is not harsh but smooth and enjoyable gives me hope and renewed faith on earbuds with a bit of treble emphasis. I have been enjoying bass in earbuds such as the Zen 1 & 2, Monk, Yuin PK1/OK1 and some Blox earphones and realistic/musical mids like the Cygnus and EMX500 but never came to mind of earbuds that do treble perfectly. If the Masya has that neutrality while remaining musical and has that wow factor in the mids and highs for casual commute and office listening then this may be my next earbuds. The detachable cable is a welcome feature for cable upgrade/bluetooth option. I was initially looking at the BK but now I'm leaning towards the Rose. :)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #28,031 of 75,148
Thank you sean! Knowing that the treble on the masya is not harsh but smooth and enjoyable gives me hope and renewed faith on earbuds with a bit of treble emphasis. I have been enjoying bass in earbuds such as the Zen 1 & 2, Monk, Yuin PK1/OK1 and some Blox earphones and realistic/musical mids like the Cygnus and EMX500 but never came to mind of earbuds that do treble perfectly. If the Masya has that neutrality while remaining musical and has that wow factor in the mids and highs for casual commute and office listening then this may be my next earbuds. The detachable cable is a welcome feature for cable upgrade/bluetooth option. I was initially looking at the BK but now I'm leaning towards the Rose. :)
Get the shozy stardust

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #28,033 of 75,148
Agreed
meanwhile enjoying my Nameless .. very underrated earbuds in my opinion .

I think those will be my next ones. Similar to old grapenes but smoother. Yup, sounds good to me :)

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #28,035 of 75,148

Users who are viewing this thread

Back