Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 12, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #24,736 of 75,626
Hi answering here instead of the DM.
Sorry, I can never ever recommend the Graphenes. They are badly tuned to my ears. Only interesting to have for reference.
If you had asked me a year ago I would had recommended the MX98s, but now there are better buds at a cheaper price - read NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1.

If someone has limited funds and I would recommend an order depending on when a pair of buds get trumped by a more expensive pair:
1. NICEHCK Vido
2. NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1

Now you need to get an amp or a half decent DAP with some power (or move directly to number 6).
Get a Walnut V2 or a Zishan Z1 or even better a JAZZ R7.0, The JAZZ R7.0 paired with a rockboxed XDuoo X3 is a sweet stack.

3. K's Earphone K300 Pro or if you can still find a Seahf Smart 1.0
4. K's Earphone 500
5. K's Earphone K300 Samsara / K's Earphone K600
6. Cypherus Audio CampFred 2. Not necessarily better than the K-buds at no 5, but don't need an amp.

And if you don't want to buy NICEHCK buds, then go Seahf in stage 1 and 2, and avoid TY Hi-Z if you can get Seahf. I can recommend all my Seahf buds except Seahf LD-3.0 400. I think that model is still sold under the new naming Seahf AWK-400. So avoid that particular model since it is on par with the TY Hi-Z line.
Is nicehck mx500 is better than other sellers?

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #24,737 of 75,626
I'm sorry if I have to respectfully disagree with you, sir. I dont particularly sure what is it meant by badly tuned. I guess its neutral tuning which loved by majority but not necessarily basshead. Basshead would not love that much due to preference. And I have here EMX500 and Graphene MX760 with me and I would say both are quite enjoyable. To my ears , I would take Graphene anyday anytime to EMX500 due to lackness of subbass( lowest pitch region) extension and hollowness around midrange is quite worrying me because there lies the majority of fundamental notes. Fun? Yeah to me and many others. By comparison of both in terms of transparency, Graphene is way ahead for my taste. Thats just totally IMHO but its quite interesting to hear different obversation around here though.

I'm no bass head. Stop implying that.
Here is a track showing why the Graphenes are badly tuned.

They are are simply not able to reproduce all notes.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #24,740 of 75,626
I'm no bass head. Stop implying that.
Here is a track showing why the Graphenes are badly tuned.

They are are simply not able to reproduce all notes.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the Bubble- Yosi Horikawa. It is a masterpiece. Thanks for pointing that. And I'm sorry if I'm implying that you are a basshead which is you are not. Graphenes present pretty great effort on this track and shows the ability to emerge wonderful imaging and soundstage. I respect its extension and wide dynamic range. Its not perfect. But particularly great for its price. Could you elaborate more on your opinion of 'badly tune' of Graphene? Because I lost at that part for a moment. Thanks

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #24,741 of 75,626
I love the CAX Black too. :ksc75smile: At heart, I am headphone person, but I do most of my listening at work, so I'm always looking for a bud that comes close to a headphone sound. (That being said, I don't use the Cypherus' at work because of the cable).

No more love for the Boarsemans? I still like them a lot. I've not heard the PK1 though.
It's not like day and night in this segment. Just that the NiceHCK buds are cheaper and don't suffer from the sibilant treble issues that the MX98s can bring in some genres...

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #24,749 of 75,626
I am a bit surprised though that you find the graphene's "very thin and light" - I sure don't. Is that in comparison to the BK's?
Yes, of course! Just in A/B comparaison, this felling. Because BK have more "body/sititng" in the sound. More presence, more impact, but still stay "liquid" and "organic" : yes, I love BK. :p
edit : maybe it's also a question of "fitting", It would be possible. Fit with BK - because of small diameter of shell - is perfectly perfect : so the sound seems to be more present, logically. It's just a possibility, you know.

"Alone", without comparaison, Graphene is great earbud, especially if we reduce it to the value for money : in this case, he beats BK...

Anyway, have you heard the Zen 1.0's? If so, I'd be interested in your comparison of the BK's versus the Zen 1.0's.
No, sorry. :wink:

yep, the graphene is great, but not Shozy BK great. but considering the price, the Graphene is a no brainer
Yes, agree with that. :smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back