Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #24,721 of 75,148
Shozy BK is in another league than Graphene. In comparaison, I found the sound of Graphene very thin and light, not consistent enough...

Moreover BK has an organic texture that does not have the other one. Same kind of signature but not same sound and sound quality, for me (I bought and resold the graphene).

You can also talk about fit, cable and finition : no debate at all!!

But, Graphene costs just 20$ : a steal for this quality. BK is 165$, it’s a too big price for most people.

I'll need to at least hear the BK's one of these days - they are obviously are great.

I am a bit surprised though that you find the graphene's "very thin and light" - I sure don't. Is that in comparison to the BK's?

Anyway, have you heard the Zen 1.0's? If so, I'd be interested in your comparison of the BK's versus the Zen 1.0's.

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #24,722 of 75,148
I got the DIY graphene, i went for the $ 22 version since the new one had a different frequency range acording to someone here, really happy with the purchase i wanted a neutral earbud and Graphenes are really praised

Kinda worries as some people say they are hard to fit and the mx500 shell is a little hard to fit on my left ear but we'll see.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #24,723 of 75,148
Hi answering here instead of the DM.
Sorry, I can never ever recommend the Graphenes. They are badly tuned to my ears. Only interesting to have for reference.
If you had asked me a year ago I would had recommended the MX98s, but now there are better buds at a cheaper price - read NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1.

If someone has limited funds and I would recommend an order depending on when a pair of buds get trumped by a more expensive pair:
1. NICEHCK Vido
2. NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1

Now you need to get an amp or a half decent DAP with some power (or move directly to number 6).
Get a Walnut V2 or a Zishan Z1 or even better a JAZZ R7.0, The JAZZ R7.0 paired with a rockboxed XDuoo X3 is a sweet stack.

3. K's Earphone K300 Pro or if you can still find a Seahf Smart 1.0
4. K's Earphone 500
5. K's Earphone K300 Samsara / K's Earphone K600
6. Cypherus Audio CampFred 2. Not necessarily better than the K-buds at no 5, but don't need an amp.

And if you don't want to buy NICEHCK buds, then go Seahf in stage 1 and 2, and avoid TY Hi-Z if you can get Seahf. I can recommend all my Seahf buds except Seahf LD-3.0 400. I think that model is still sold under the new naming Seahf AWK-400. So avoid that particular model since it is on par with the TY Hi-Z line.

Thanks a lot for the in depth answer. How would you compare the NICEHCK PK1 to the sound of MX98s and the Graphenes?

I am looking for something neutral and versatile. Bass quality matters more than the quantity. Between Boarseman MX98s, NICEHCK DIY Graphene, Seahf awk-f32t, **** DIY EMX500, and now NICEHCK PK1, I still dunno what 2 earbuds to get.

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #24,724 of 75,148
Thanks a lot for the in depth answer. How would you compare the NICEHCK PK1 to the sound of MX98s and the Graphenes?

I am looking for something neutral and versatile. Bass quality matters more than the quantity. Between Boarseman MX98s, NICEHCK DIY Graphene, Seahf awk-f32t, **** DIY EMX500, and now NICEHCK PK1, I still dunno what 2 earbuds to get.

graphene or the emx500 are safe bets. not sure of the others

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #24,725 of 75,148
I got the DIY graphene, i went for the $ 22 version since the new one had a different frequency range acording to someone here, really happy with the purchase i wanted a neutral earbud and Graphenes are really praised

Kinda worries as some people say they are hard to fit and the mx500 shell is a little hard to fit on my left ear but we'll see.

i ordered the newer version... it has a range starting from 10 Hz. maybe better bass or it could be resemble the emx500 characteristics

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #24,729 of 75,148

Everything is relative. The first truly neutral and versatile buds I've encountered were the Cypherus Audio CAX Black. But then we are talking TOTL buds.
For now you should go with the NICEHCK MX500 or if you want a more comfy fit then the NICEHCK PK1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #24,731 of 75,148
I only have the H180 and H185 and honestly, they sound almost exactly alike. H180 might have a slight edge on spaciousness (probably due to shell design).

to me they sound different, the H180 is warmer and bass oriented, more 3D soundstage, while the H185 is more treble oriented, and wider soundstage on X axis, but less on depth.

I've got many thought on Moondrop Liebesleid. But I do not dare to say them out loud...
Too many expensive TOTL earbuds bought the last 2-3 years for me.

I've pulled a trigger on Liebesleid a few days ago. definitely like them, a little bass light though, but respond well to bass boosting

One of these days I'll sort through what's worth keeping, what isn't, and probably start offering to give away to those new to the hobby to try something.

Then again, at least the MX985 I should trade off one day.

I try to update my gear list everytime, to keep in check if i have too many already. i always try to get rid of the buds that i rarely use, or overlapping in sound with other in my collection

Shozy BK is in another league than Graphene. In comparaison, I found the sound of Graphene very thin and light, not consistent enough...

Moreover BK has an organic texture that does not have the other one. Same kind of signature but not same sound and sound quality, for me (I bought and resold the graphene).

You can also talk about fit, cable and finition : no debate at all!!

But, Graphene costs just 20$ : a steal for this quality. BK is 165$, it’s a too big price for most people.

yep, the graphene is great, but not Shozy BK great. but considering the price, the Graphene is a no brainer, not to mention to me the graphene sound is rather unique

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #24,732 of 75,148
Hi answering here instead of the DM.
Sorry, I can never ever recommend the Graphenes. They are badly tuned to my ears. Only interesting to have for reference.

I'm sorry if I have to respectfully disagree with you, sir. I dont particularly sure what is it meant by badly tuned. I guess its neutral tuning which loved by majority but not necessarily basshead. Basshead would not love that much due to preference. And I have here EMX500 and Graphene MX760 with me and I would say both are quite enjoyable. To my ears , I would take Graphene anyday anytime to EMX500 due to lackness of subbass( lowest pitch region) extension and hollowness around midrange is quite worrying me because there lies the majority of fundamental notes. Fun? Yeah to me and many others. By comparison of both in terms of transparency, Graphene is way ahead for my taste. Thats just totally IMHO but its quite interesting to hear different obversation around here though.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #24,733 of 75,148
Everything is relative. The first truly neutral and versatile buds I've encountered were the Cypherus Audio CAX Black. But then we are talking TOTL buds.
For now you should go with the NICEHCK MX500 or if you want a more comfy fit then the NICEHCK PK1.
I love the CAX Black too. :ksc75smile: At heart, I am headphone person, but I do most of my listening at work, so I'm always looking for a bud that comes close to a headphone sound. (That being said, I don't use the Cypherus' at work because of the cable).

No more love for the Boarsemans? I still like them a lot. I've not heard the PK1 though.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #24,734 of 75,148
Official KINERA Earbuds Pre order
http://s.aliexpress.com/yqIBFzI3
FB_IMG_1510460735551.jpg
S71112-092110-001.jpg

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #24,735 of 75,148
I bought shozy cygnus yday..
Nw i want help in buying below 15$ earbud which is slightly bass heavy ,m not bass head but still dont like neutral buds.
The options i thought are qian69 or 39, mx 500 or emx 500, edifier h180, seahf 32 amd k300.. plz reply fast guys only 4 hrs remaining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back