Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 13, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #22,938 of 75,861
You may want to try it without high impedance mode, as these buds are only 20 ohm. Oddly enough, they do sound better with high gain on my cayin n3, so im guessing they need some mW to really be at their best. I like these with full foams for more bass too. Burn in did bring out bass texture, but some mild equalizer is really needed to bring out the best bass in earbuds :) glad you are enjoying them!

Yeah I tried it with and without the adapter and honestly, the difference isn't significant for casual listening imo. The V20s quad DAC is super nice to have so I just like to activate it whenever possible. I wish there was a built in option to turn it on and off without rooting. I've had music playing for the past 6 hours ish so I'll probably leave them overnight and check them out tmr at work. Amazing how good these things are for $30.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #22,939 of 75,861
After much delay I finally pull on eb200. Always intrigued by someone comment on AliExpress mentioning eb200 as blox breed. Also make me wonder why only nicehck have them. And it seems the only earbud with 200ohm impedance? any other 200 ohm earbud out there ?

Not that strange considering its nicehck branded. Nice buy btw. I find them most enjoyable and the price aint bad either.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #22,940 of 75,861
Not that strange considering its nicehck branded. Nice buy btw. I find them most enjoyable and the price aint bad either.
yeah we've seen lots of 32 64 150 and 300 variant but not much 200. Just wondering why nicehck got that almost exclusively. Anybody opened up their eb200 yet ?

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #22,941 of 75,861
yeah we've seen lots of 32 64 150 and 300 variant but not much 200. Just wondering why nicehck got that almost exclusively. Anybody opened up their eb200 yet ?
P70913-122359-001.jpg

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #22,945 of 75,861
After some weeks of use, here are my impressions of the Toneking TP16, which are my first pair of proper earbuds.
The housings feel fairly sturdy, and the silver cable is nice, smooth and doesn't tangle.
I've been using them with the stock full foams, because I like some warmness.
But these aren't dark or bassy earbuds by any means: I only have the Tennmak Pro to compare them to, but if one would describe the Pro's sound signature as "caramel", I would describe the TP16's (with foams) one as "water with a teaspoon of sugar".

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #22,946 of 75,861
Thanks for the impressions. I hope to see my graphenes in a few days :)

As far as "wondering if it's worth it to ever upgrade", I know what you are saying. I said the same thing after I got my KSC75's and Sportapro's 5 years ago. Sadly, saying it didn't stop me from "upgrading" plenty of times. The funny thing is that I still listen to the ksc75's and/or sportapro's every day and am completely satisfied with them. So what does that tell ya? It tells ya "run away from this website while you think you're happy" lol!

it's like reading my own life story :sweat_smile:
i also said to myself to stop after buying the KSC75, but here i am, still scouring new info and purchasing left and right

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #22,947 of 75,861
Anyone here want to compare the soundstage of EMX500, DIY Graphene and DIY PK2?

I'm only recently into this hobby but soundstage has stuck around as something very important to me. I love when an earbud can blur the line between earphones and headphones :)

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #22,949 of 75,861
i see, don't worry! I do appreciate your help and making the time to ask on my behalf. I hope you enjoy your rose mojito!

Okay. So, Penon clarified everything and updated their site. The full accessory kit is now;

mojito standard-700x700.jpg

You may also notice the butt-ugly cable is shown there. Either Penon was misinformed and/or Rose changed their mind, but that cable is once again the standard and the sexy braided cable shown in the review has been relegated to upgrade duty, purchased separately. Annoying and disappointing, but oh well. Review has been updated to reflect this. Overall score remains the same since pretty much all my thoughts remain unchanged.

Sep 13, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #22,950 of 75,861
Okay. So, Penon clarified everything and updated their site. The full accessory kit is now;

You may also notice the butt-ugly cable is shown there. Either Penon was misinformed and/or Rose changed their mind, but that cable is once again the standard and the sexy braided cable shown in the review has been relegated to upgrade duty, purchased separately. Annoying and disappointing, but oh well. Review has been updated to reflect this. Overall score remains the same since pretty much all my thoughts remain unchanged.

I appreciate your honest review, really enjoyed reading it. Penon clarified with me too and finally i got mine! Excited to get my hands on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back