Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 14, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #22,966 of 75,871
Reading through this thread, I notice some lovers of Classical music, like myself. Anyone want to chime in on their favorite earbud for Classical -- especially symphonies?
Currently, I am enjoying the RX1 -- albeit eq'ed in the upper mids for my taste -- I am enjoying the taut, textured bass, the soundscape, and the sweetness of the treble that I hear from the RX1 (with thin VE foams).
Anyone else have a favorite earbud for symphonies?

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #22,967 of 75,871
Reading through this thread, I notice some lovers of Classical music, like myself. Anyone want to chime in on their favorite earbud for Classical -- especially symphonies?
Currently, I am enjoying the RX1 -- albeit eq'ed in the upper mids for my taste -- I am enjoying the taut, textured bass, the soundscape, and the sweetness of the treble that I hear from the RX1 (with thin VE foams).
Mojito, ATH CM700Ti, Graphene DIY

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #22,968 of 75,871

Both the Rose Masya and Mojito are very solid for classical (actually any acoustic) music. I also really like the Musicmaker Tomahawk for classical, but that is a love it or leave it earbud it seems.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #22,969 of 75,871
Thanks; which brings up a point -- I havent seen anyone compare the DIY graphene to the RX1. Is the DIY graphene superior?

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #22,971 of 75,871
Rose Mojito is the best in my collection for Classical. It just sounds right, but not just right, but big. So when the music swells up and the full orchestra reaches a high point, it's huge.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #22,972 of 75,871

For a low budget recommendation, the **** PT15 works for me.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #22,974 of 75,871
Have been really REALLY happy with the EMX500's for some weeks now.

However, Ali is calling me again to buy some more earbuds :p

What would be an earbud with somewhat warmer mids and highs than the EMX500's?

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #22,975 of 75,871
I've been in disbelief regarding budget earbuds and how good they are for quite some time now. At this point, I prefer Fengru EMX500 to Meze 99 Classics (it's a weird comparison, but still, well regarded 300$ over-ear vs 10$ earbud)... No idea how this is possible but yeah, I have no reason to lie as Meze 99 were my go to headphones.
How in the world does a TOTL earbud sound then... oh the confusion is real with these small garbage looking wonders.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #22,976 of 75,871
I've been in disbelief regarding budget earbuds and how good they are for quite some time now. At this point, I prefer Fengru EMX500 to Meze 99 Classics (it's a weird comparison, but still, well regarded 300$ over-ear vs 10$ earbud)... No idea how this is possible but yeah, I have no reason to lie as Meze 99 were my go to headphones.
How in the world does a TOTL earbud sound then... oh the confusion is real with these small garbage looking wonders.

That's no surprise for me. I prefer (by a long margin) the EMX500's to my previous main headphone's, the Sennheiser HD598's.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #22,977 of 75,871
@vladstef Honestly, the EMX500 very well could taint most people's perspective of earbuds as it's kind of an unfair metric. There's only a couple of earbuds that can come close in value, and that's solely due to preferences. I've only heard a couple of TOTL, and like most top ends, it's all about finding the one that suits you.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #22,978 of 75,871
That's no surprise for me. I prefer (by a long margin) the EMX500's to my previous main headphone's, the Sennheiser HD598's.

@vladstef Honestly, the EMX500 very well could taint most people's perspective of earbuds as it's kind of an unfair metric. There's only a couple of earbuds that can come close in value, and that's solely due to preferences. I've only heard a couple of TOTL, and like most top ends, it's all about finding the one that suits you.

Thank you!! I thought something was very wrong with me. I legit though that I was either crazy or hearing impaired and was questioning my idea of what a good sound is. Earbuds are really underrated. I blame cheap mp3 players and mobile phones of 2000s with their trash-buds.

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #22,979 of 75,871
Yup, you guys all speak the truth about the EMX500's. I love my Monk+'s, Qian39's and Vido's, but the EMX500's have an energy and dynamism that is pretty amazing for a $10 anything.

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #22,980 of 75,871
Yup, you guys all speak the truth about the EMX500's. I love my Monk+'s, Qian39's and Vido's, but the EMX500's have an energy and dynamism that is pretty amazing for a $10 anything.

Thinking about Graphene or EMX500 or Qian 69. Coming from the Vido.
Which one should I try? Looking for a more treble and bass improvement ( correct/punchier not bloaty ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back