Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #22,921 of 75,707
I should have an answer for you tomorrow. My contact over at Penon (Chi) is going to look into this for us. I was looking for other reviews but none of them show the packaging and accessory kit. Snooping through the Mojito thread and Google images it looks like this ear bud and it's packaging has evolved quite a bit since it was first released anyway, so not sure how relevant older reviews would be in terms of the accessory kit.

i see, don't worry! I do appreciate your help and making the time to ask on my behalf. I hope you enjoy your rose mojito!

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #22,922 of 75,707
Back in April, when the Svara-L was first available on AliExpress, one of the guys involved with AK Audio Store, made a discount offer on the Earbuds Anonymous Facebook group.
I placed an order then, and it took quite a while before the earbuds were delivered (I think they either had supplier issues, or they were in the midst of making the driver design change).
When mine finally arrived, I was really impressed with the sound - and it was at about that time that someone on this Forum was asking what impedance the earbud was supposed to be, since several vendor had different listings.
I measured mine, and they were 115Ω, as were several others - but some had the newer, lower impedance models.
Hmm, I see. I may order another pair just to see if there is much of a difference. It seems that the logo has gone from Svara L, to ESCASE, and now the newer model is back to having the Svara L logo. I will try contacting a few stores for further information as well.

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #22,923 of 75,707
After much delay I finally pull on eb200. Always intrigued by someone comment on AliExpress mentioning eb200 as blox breed. Also make me wonder why only nicehck have them. And it seems the only earbud with 200ohm impedance? any other 200 ohm earbud out there ?

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #22,924 of 75,707
After much delay I finally pull on eb200. Always intrigued by someone comment on AliExpress mentioning eb200 as blox breed. Also make me wonder why only nicehck have them. And it seems the only earbud with 200ohm impedance? any other 200 ohm earbud out there ?
S70912-201159.jpg
New Arrival SMALL FIVE DIY PK1 High Impedance In-ear Earphone Flat Head HiFi Bass Earbuds Heavy Bass Sound HIFI Fever earpiece
http://s.aliexpress.com/rai6z26B
(from AliExpress Android)

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #22,925 of 75,707
Sep 12, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #22,926 of 75,707
I just got the Rose Masya wooden variation and it came in same box, 2 cables one black rubber the other the awesome silver one and all the accessories

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #22,928 of 75,707
Just got the DIY Graphenes in. Here's some first impressions paired with my V20 w/ high impedance adapter and Tidal HiFi. I'm not super good at explaining these kind of things, but I'll do my best.

Packaging/Accessories/Build:

Mine came in a small, black carrying case with a bunch of spare foams. The build is what I would expect for ~$30. Not spectacular, but not as cheap feeling as the Fiio EM3 for example.

Fit:

More comfortable than the Monk+. These do need foams (imo) in order to achieve a good seal. They sound super tinny/hollow without them. I've been listening to them for an hour or so and feel no fatigue or discomfort yet.

Sound:

Bass is tight and retains a good amount of detail. Not muddy at all imo. It doesn't have a lot of impact or thump or anything, but it's great for my preference in music.

Mids are very forward, detailed, clear, and full. Vocals are amazing. Not artificial in any way. No complaints from me.

Treble is bright and detailed without being fatiguing at all. There sounds like a slight roll off in the higher frequencies but nothing that I particularly care to complain about.

Soundstage is pretty typical for an earbud imo. Good amount of width, not a lot of depth though. Imaging is very good as well..

Overall, first impressions are very good. I'm looking forward to how these will sound with some burn in time. If this is what $30 earbuds sound like, I'm almost wondering if it's worth it to ever upgrade.

If anyone is curious, here's the songs I listened to for this:

Slowdive - Sugar for the Pill
Radiohead - Burn the Witch
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow
Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy
Nirvana - Lounge Act
Adele - All I Ask
Alicia Keys - A Woman's Worth (Live, Unplugged)
Nobuo Uematsu - Aerith's Theme (Orchestral version)
John Williams - Duel of Fates (London Symphony Orchestra)
Ravel - Pavane pour une Infante Defunte

Edited for clarification**

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #22,929 of 75,707
Just got the DIY Graphenes in. Here's some first impressions paired with my V20 w/ high impedance adapter and Tidal HiFi. I'm not super good at explaining these kind of things, but I'll do my best.

Mine came in a small, black carrying case with a bunch of spare foams. The build is what I would expect for ~$30. Not spectacular, but not as cheap feeling as the Fiio EM3 for example.

Fit:

More comfortable than the Monk+. These do need foams (imo) in order to achieve a good seal. They sound super tinny/hollow without them. I've been listening to them for an hour or so and feel no fatigue or discomfort yet.

Sound:

Bass is tight and retains a good amount of detail. Not muddy at all imo. It doesn't have a lot of impact of thump or anything, but it's great for my preference in music.

Mids are very forward, detailed, clear, and full. Vocals are amazing. Not artificial in any way. No complaints from me.

Treble is bright and detailed without being fatiguing at all. There sounds like a slight roll off in the higher frequencies but nothing that I particularly care to complain about.

Soundstage is pretty typical for an earbud imo. Good amount of width, not a lot of depth though. Imaging is very good as well..

Overall, first impressions are very good. I'm looking forward to how these will sound with some burn in time. If this is what $30 earbuds sound like, I'm almost wondering if it's worth it to ever upgrade.

Nirvana - Lounge Act
Adele - All I Ask

Bass Texture and sub bass will improve.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #22,930 of 75,707

Fit:

Sound:

Bass is tight and retains a good amount of detail. Not muddy at all imo. It doesn't have a lot of impact of thump or anything, but it's great for my preference in music.

Nirvana - Lounge Act
Adele - All I Ask

Thanks for the impressions. I hope to see my graphenes in a few days :)

As far as "wondering if it's worth it to ever upgrade", I know what you are saying. I said the same thing after I got my KSC75's and Sportapro's 5 years ago. Sadly, saying it didn't stop me from "upgrading" plenty of times. The funny thing is that I still listen to the ksc75's and/or sportapro's every day and am completely satisfied with them. So what does that tell ya? It tells ya "run away from this website while you think you're happy" lol!

Actually I'm kidding. Stick around this thread at least. I can't believe how good some of the $5-$10 earbuds are that I have discovered here (and the "absolute best budget earbuds" thread). For example, if you don't have the EMX500's, do yourself a favour and try a "downgrade" to them - they are amazing. At the very least, they will provide a cool alternative signature to the graphene's. And they cost $10 lol.

Anyway, looking forward to the graphenes, and looking forward to their bass coming out after some burn in! :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #22,931 of 75,707
Thanks for the impressions. I hope to see my graphenes in a few days :)

As far as "wondering if it's worth it to ever upgrade", I know what you are saying. I said the same thing after I got my KSC75's and Sportapro's 5 years ago. Sadly, saying it didn't stop me from "upgrading" plenty of times. The funny thing is that I still listen to the ksc75's and/or sportapro's every day and am completely satisfied with them. So what does that tell ya? It tells ya "run away from this website while you think you're happy" lol!

Actually I'm kidding. Stick around this thread at least. I can't believe how good some of the $5-$10 earbuds are that I have discovered here (and the "absolute best budget earbuds" thread). For example, if you don't have the EMX500's, do yourself a favour and try a "downgrade" to them - they are amazing. At the very least, they will provide a cool alternative signature to the graphene's. And they cost $10 lol.

Anyway, looking forward to the graphenes, and looking forward to their bass coming out after some burn in! :)

The EMX500s are in my AE cart as well. I've been holding off on ordering them since I just got the EM3's and Graphenes so close together, but I guess if it takes 2 weeks to ship I might as well :)

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #22,933 of 75,707
The EMX500s are in my AE cart as well. I've been holding off on ordering them since I just got the EM3's and Graphenes so close together, but I guess if it takes 2 weeks to ship I might as well :)

And so it begins... :imp:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #22,934 of 75,707
So what does that tell ya? It tells ya "run away from this website while you think you're happy" lol!

I should have! Running out of places to put things.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #22,935 of 75,707

Fit:

Sound:

Bass is tight and retains a good amount of detail. Not muddy at all imo. It doesn't have a lot of impact or thump or anything, but it's great for my preference in music.

You may want to try it without high impedance mode, as these buds are only 20 ohm. Oddly enough, they do sound better with high gain on my cayin n3, so im guessing they need some mW to really be at their best. I like these with full foams for more bass too. Burn in did bring out bass texture, but some mild equalizer is really needed to bring out the best bass in earbuds :) glad you are enjoying them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back