Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 27, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #22,426 of 75,405
I'm quite happy with RX-1 for what its capable of. But when i said compressed not mean its narrow stage (although I agree it's not the widest nor the stage is exact) . When there's lots of instrument competing in the same stage then i can hear RX-1 struggling. Compared to other budget like qian39 or vido.

While some love RX-1 others move on to another earbud. People are divided on tomahawk too. But i still love my tomahawk. It's just that vido is so much more convenience, SQ and cable wise.

I hope I'm not discouraging anyone.

Oh anybody got impression on the newly re-released qian69

Aug 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #22,428 of 75,405
I'm quite happy with RX-1 for what its capable of. But when i said compressed not mean its narrow stage (although I agree it's not the widest nor the stage is exact) . When there's lots of instrument competing in the same stage then i can hear RX-1 struggling. Compared to other budget like qian39 or vido.

While some love RX-1 others move on to another earbud. People are divided on tomahawk too. But i still love my tomahawk. It's just that vido is so much more convenience, SQ and cable wise.

I hope I'm not discouraging anyone.

Oh anybody got impression on the newly re-released qian69

I also love my tomahawk but there's some music it really struggles at that's why i'm looking to the Masya!

I did a little mod on my tomahawk to improve the fit for better sound. Now it has a earbud shape more like a Masya fit and seems to give the sound a slightly better tone for my ears and more felt sub bass.

(Don't have Masya yet to be sure it's the same fit but i copied the silhouette based on pictures)

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #22,429 of 75,405
Have you checked it yourself? Could be why I like the carbon Masya so much as it has such a fun sound.
yep
P70827-205851-001.jpg

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #22,432 of 75,405
Hi All,
Im getting back to earbuds loving after getting the Chord Mojo.

Im using VE Zen2.0 (Foamless, great sound, my favorite pair of earbud), K500 Earphone (Too bassy - donut foam) and RX-1 (full foam, sound is too thin). Im loving the Zen 2.0 but looking for upgrade/sidegrade to the earbud

2 questions here:
1. Is K500 supposed to be abit bassy? I only put in about 50hrs of burn in to the earphones.
2. Please recommend me an upgrade/side-grade to the Zen 2.0 in the $200 region. Currently looking at Blur 64, Cypherus Campred 2 or Masya/Mojito. Music preference is slow/classical rock

Thanks guys

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #22,433 of 75,405
Hi All,
Im getting back to earbuds loving after getting the Chord Mojo.

Im using VE Zen2.0 (Foamless, great sound, my favorite pair of earbud), K500 Earphone (Too bassy - donut foam) and RX-1 (full foam, sound is too thin). Im loving the Zen 2.0 but looking for upgrade/sidegrade to the earbud

2 questions here:
1. Is K500 supposed to be abit bassy? I only put in about 50hrs of burn in to the earphones.
2. Please recommend me an upgrade/side-grade to the Zen 2.0 in the $200 region. Currently looking at Blur 64, Cypherus Campred 2 or Masya/Mojito. Music preference is slow/classical rock

Thanks guys
Stardust or ps600

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #22,434 of 75,405
Stardust or ps600

Thanks. I read this thread up to 100 pages back and found out some QC issue with the Shozy. Trying to avoid that at the moment if possible unless they have improved

Is PS600 this one: https://goo.gl/Q4H1Er or where can i purchase those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back