Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #22,382 of 75,542
how do i delete posts?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #22,383 of 75,542
Uairekko finally responded. Seems he broke his phone lol. Things are moving forward again!

I'll be shipping the Diomnes Lvl 2, CampFred 2, and QFred for re-termination tomorrow! $105 for everything, with 2-3 day turn around. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Definitely going to order balanced from now on though. I already told Wong to go ahead and make the Blur 64ohm SPC balanced as well.
Balanced is the way to go! That is if you have the gear to support it. I am very curious as to how the Diomnes Lvl 2 turns out. Do you have any photos?? I haven't heard them yet, but I have a feeling they will be the last totl for my collection.

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #22,384 of 75,542
Im planning to buy new earbud , currently im using monk+ as daily earbud , i have choosing some of earbud in my budget range , yuin pk3 is my max budget , and some of another candidate are auglamour rx1 , diy pk2,emx500 or anything else? Im prefer good for female vocal also im not using an amp , only direct it to my shanling m1

The ToneKing TP16 has a nice balanced sound, and they're very efficient - playing more loudly than my other earbuds, with the Volume on my M1 at the same setting.

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #22,385 of 75,542
Awesome earbuds
I received the Black Lion last week and so far like them a lot. They are detailed and have a decent soundstage. The sound is very natural. The trebles can be a pinch sharp for my taste, though not so much that they are fatiguing. The tuning is similar to the Blur, which I prefer over these, but the cost of the Black Lion is also significantly less.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #22,386 of 75,542
I am pretty much set on earbuds after buying the yinman 150 ohm and 500 ohm BUT, after seeing the diy EP2K, PK2S and M760 graphene I'm curious about them.

Is anyone here able to offer impressions on between them? I'd really appreciate it.

Also on a side note, I'm looking for a pair of daily phones w/ mic as a back up to my apple earpods. Is the tennmak bassoon a worthy alternative?

Aug 26, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #22,387 of 75,542
So, I've been messing around with making some cables for earbuds (like many of you have). Some have turned out pretty good. Most of the mods really just change the sound signature, neither good nor bad in my opinion, so I don't post any of those results. But...one mod really stood out as being fantastic. Edifier H180 with a Monk+ cable. That's it, nothing else.
Edifier (in my opinion) is a pretty good sounding bud as is. I found it a little gritty though, but great energy. Monk cable on there, the sound smooths out without losing detail and gains a really wide 3D soundstage. Great articulate bass, great treble, nice vocals. IMG_0924.jpg Really fantastic. So if you've got some Monk parts laying around, try this one, it's good. Guaranteed.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #22,391 of 75,542
I got the Monk+ today. I feel like I was spoiled by the RX-1. RX-1 has a better refined overall sound. RX-1 does better in sound stage(sounds open), and bass, more definition in the mids and highs sounds more extended.

Monk+ does a good job, but RX-1 trumps it. I say if going cheap Monk+ is good enough, but pay more with RX-1, and you'd get a better experience. I don't think RX-1 is really pricey either given it being an over-achiever.

I think the larger speakers on the RX-1 has benefits to sound stage and the bass at least. So, not all that impressed with the Monk+ after having RX-1 for awhile. RX-1 is seemingly a gem.

I assumed earbuds general sound as open as RX-1, but comparing to the Monk+, RX-1 seems unusually more open sounding than at least Monk+ level.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #22,392 of 75,542
2017 Newest AUGLAMOUR RX-1S In Ear Earphone Earbud Flat Head Plug High Quality Full Metal Earbud Headset With Mic Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/vYrmi2ya

They're showing a confusing photo - a 3.5mm TRS plug, with a mic/control unit on the cable. Don't those use a TRRS plug?

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #22,393 of 75,542
2017 Newest AUGLAMOUR RX-1S In Ear Earphone Earbud Flat Head Plug High Quality Full Metal Earbud Headset With Mic Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/vYrmi2ya
HTB1J8qSaloHL1JjSZFwq6z6vpXaK.jpg
I need that. Too bad no mic version was offered at the time of my purchase. Earbuds are perfectly ok to walk around in as long as not too much noise, the problem is in the subway or the bus.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #22,394 of 75,542
I need that. Too bad no mic version was offered at the time of my purchase. Earbuds are perfectly ok to walk around in as long as not too much noise, the problem is in the subway or the bus.

On the subway & bus is when you need the Bluetooth neural implant... :wink:

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #22,395 of 75,542
Still my impressions are bit early as I didn't have lengthy listen session for refined impressions.

I think RX-1's highs are more refined, and between the mids and low high boundary it's lower than the Monk+ therefore Monk+ may sound some more definition in the mids. RX-1 has more of a warm signature therefore more of an ambiance feeling and adds to the sound stage. The upper bass on the RX-1 is felt due the impact. RX-1 in general has a more impactful signature.

RX-1 definitely has better highs that are well defined. Love the highs on the RX-1. RX-1 has greater resolution.

I had no idea I had on my hands a great performer as my first set of buds, but something about it I liked a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back