Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 11, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #19,577 of 75,463
I've been using my xiaomi redmi note 4 with tidal and it sounds great with monks+, was wondering what sort of dac it has? Should i use a separate dac/amp with mobile use?

From the PhoneArena website -
~~~

Description

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is equipped with a 5.5-inch screen (with 2.5D glass) carrying a resolution of 1080 x 1920. A Snapdragon 625 chipset is under the hood featuring an octa-core 2.0GHz CPU. A fingerprint scanner is found underneath the 13MP rear-facing camera, and a 5MP camera in front handles selfies and video chats. A 4100mAh battery will keep the lights on.
~~~

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #19,579 of 75,463
more than a while back it was suggested to use earmuffs to create a seal around the ear, today I just saw this video on...

How to Make Cheap Earbuds Sound Like $200 Headphones

which basically says you the same thing, it tells you to use iems but then says any earbuds are fine, I guess when using noise-protection earmuffs it doesn't really matter

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #19,582 of 75,463
Hello All,
Just wondering if anybody had made any comparison of Shozy BK with other top tiers like Qfred, Camfred, Edimun, etc?

Thanks in advance

See signature for my Earbuds Comparison List.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #19,583 of 75,463
more than a while back it was suggested to use earmuffs to create a seal around the ear, today I just saw this video on...

How to Make Cheap Earbuds Sound Like $200 Headphones

which basically says you the same thing, it tells you to use iems but then says any earbuds are fine, I guess when using noise-protection earmuffs it doesn't really matter

That was my suggestion lol. Only smallish ear buds are comfortable. One downside, if they fall out with the earmuffs on, annoying to reposition. But can be sublime for outdoor running, etc.

Edit: I just had a chance to watch the video. A few good tips - cord over ear to keep them in place and the cord entering the rear of the earmuffs. Excellent when I want to audition new earbuds and am in a noisy environment, but lately outdoors my cheap 1MORE MK801 over ear are pretty amazing considering the price, and burn in made a huge difference.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #19,586 of 75,463

I was listening to my K's 500 most of today at work, connected to my Cayin N3, playing FLAC files of CD rips.
They sound fine using Medium or High Gain, and Low Gain will work, but the Volume has to be turned most of the way up.

130mW per channel @ 32ohm is a good amount of output for a budget model DAP.
The much more expensive DP-X1 has 150mW per channel @ 32ohm on the Balanced output, and 75mW on the Single-ended output.

You might also consider the new, soon to be released, Shanling M2s.  I'm not sure about the output power, but it looks like it's going to be a good unit.

This is interesting, was wondering what kind of power is needed for some of the higher ohm buds. I've considered K's 500 and the Yinman 600, but didn't know if my amp had enough power. If you're ok with 130mW, Imay be ok, as I'm seeing in the specs that my Concero HP puts out 270mW @ 32ohms, though is only 22.75mW @ 600ohms. Now sure how the 22.75 would translate to a higher ohm bud. That said, I am noting that many of the higher ohm buds are also very sensitive, so probably don't need a ton of power to drive them.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #19,589 of 75,463
Do you think my Nuforce Icon Mobile (80milW/c at 16ohms) will be able to drive 64 ohm buds, say, Monk+? If so, should I use high gain??
Thanks in advance all u earbud gurus :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back