Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 11, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #19,591 of 75,702
What is an earbud that is comparable in sound signature to the the T-Music V2 but the next step up the ladder so to speak? The T-Music V2 has been by far my favorite cheaper earbud out of Ty Hi-Z 32ohm, Monk +, T- Music V1 and SHE3800.

Thinking in the $50-$100 range.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #19,592 of 75,702
Came back from the audiologist today. According to her, there seemed to be no signs of hearing loss! Still wondering why the Cypherus Blue Darth sounds so imbalanced. It's either:

- Heavily fit dependent due to its bass heavy signature
- Actually imbalanced...
- My TMJ, that causes a swollen right ear canal that makes IEMs difficult. Maybe it accentuates bass?
- All in my head and I'm going crazy

I'm guessing 1 and 3. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #19,595 of 75,702
Did you tried to pinch your nose and close your mouth and blow heavily lol

If it were that simple, I wouldn't have bothered with the audiologist... It was something I've been suspecting for a while, but the Blue Darth made it really obvious. I had a little more trouble with the hearing test in my left, but the sounds were still audible so she gave me a pass. No telling if it will get worse. I already have bad tinnitus. Already selling my basshead cans, since its the bass notes I'm having trouble with.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #19,599 of 75,702
kinda earbud related, kinda not

used to use a cheap subwoofer that had a 3.5mm jack output for small speakers for a makeshift headphone amp

the specs say it has 2.5 W x 2 for probably 4-8ohms (I don't remember and don't have the speakers on hand to see)

how does the power scale for anything that has more ohm resistance 32, 64, 150, 320, 650?

tried looking up some kind of calculator online but can't find any

am listening to my iphone via the subwoofer amp as I write this down using my tdk eb90's, I have to turn up the volume much more than any other earbud that's under 100 ohm as these have the lowest sensitivity of all my earbuds, but I can't say that I hate them, I actually kinda like them, but they can't compare to monk or ty hi-z

just curious I use my smsl m3 dac/headphone amp now but always wondered...

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #19,600 of 75,702
  kinda earbud related, kinda not

used to use a cheap subwoofer that had a 3.5mm jack output for small speakers for a makeshift headphone amp

the specs say it has 2.5 W x 2 for probably 4-8ohms (I don't remember and don't have the speakers on hand to see)

how does the power scale for anything that has more ohm resistance 32, 64, 150, 320, 650?

tried looking up some kind of calculator online but can't find any

am listening to my iphone via the subwoofer amp as I write this down using my tdk eb90's, I have to turn up the volume much more than any other earbud that's under 100 ohm as these have the lowest sensitivity of all my earbuds, but I can't say that I hate them, I actually kinda like them, but they can't compare to monk or ty hi-z

just curious I use my smsl m3 dac/headphone amp now but always wondered...

A good rule of thumb (using Ohm's Law) is - For every doubling of impedance, the power drops by half.
Going the other way - For every halving of impedance, the power doubles - but only if the output transistors and power supply voltage & current are capable of doing so.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #19,601 of 75,702
Luckily my tinnitus isn't bad. Just use fans a lot to mask the noise.

Fans definitely help, though mine might be too noisy...

Cool! New ABnormal earbud! What's the name? Ohm? Can it compete with Diomnes?

Curious about this as well. Danneq knows his buds, and I missed out on Diomnes.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #19,604 of 75,702
What are recommended donut foams? Where do i buy from? From my experience the donuts foams sound best

If you want a thicker foam, the Hiegi donut foams from Penon Audio are good.  I've bought both Black & White.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hiegi-High-Quality-White-or-Black-Donut-Foam-Cushions-for-Earphones-Earbuds-6-pairs/32642830876.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hiegi-High-Quality-White-Donut-Foam-Cushions-for-Earphones-Earbuds-6-pairs/32643161126.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back